New BLOX earbuds "coming soon"
Sep 30, 2011 at 5:17 AM Post #106 of 153

Having not a/b-ed the M2C and pk2, this seems to match my remembrance of the pk2. M2C is crisper, clearer and wider, but pk2 wins on tonality and smooth "naturality"..... as I remember it.. IMO..
Quote:
M2C Vs PK2

After 1 week of daily usage of the M2C-+ and switching back to the PK2s, my first impressions are leaning in favor to the PK2s.

Now to be fair Woo from Blox said that it will take about 100hrs of burn time to start open up, I estimate that I only have about 50hrs burn time in with the M2Cs compared to 300+hrs with my PK2s.    DAC - Cowon J3.   For music 90% of the time it's either FLAC or 320kbps.  As for music it's everything from Armin ( ASOT) to classical, 80s-90s etc, rock, ambient...

I am no expert reviewer but this is just my first impressions. I will add more over time, or if there is interest.  

Highs              M2C
Mids                PK2
Lows               PK2/M2C
Base               PK2   
[size=smaller][size=larger]Detail             [/size][/size]M2C
[size=smaller][size=larger]Soundstage[/size][/size]   M2C
Loudness       PK2 
Comfort         PK2    fits in my ear, where as the M2C does not. 

Oct 3, 2011 at 3:11 AM Post #107 of 153
@F900EX will be waiting for more impression,Mine is on the way now.  I asked blox,How long the M2C needs for burning in? ,they answered that

I should be able to enjoy the M2C after 100 hours and require 600 hours to completely burn in.  very long time indeed,My Pk1s need only around

400 hours,

Oct 4, 2011 at 4:38 AM Post #110 of 153

[size=x-small] I have my iPod and iriver,both can play around 20 hours. [/size][size=x-small]I always have all of my earphones burnt in day and night for 10 days.[/size]

[size=x-small]So it took me only 10 days to have 200 hours burnt in earphones.[/size]

Oct 4, 2011 at 7:54 AM Post #112 of 153

Quote:

[size=x-small] I have my iPod and iriver,both can play around 20 hours. [/size][size=x-small]I always have all of my earphones burnt in day and night for 10 days.[/size]

[size=x-small]So it took me only 10 days to have 200 hours burnt in earphones.[/size]

Quote:
I have my tm5 burnt in for 750 hours, ok2 continuously for 1000 hours, m2c for 700 hours without stop, lol ...

I can't tell if you two are being serious.
mad.gif

Oct 12, 2011 at 1:08 PM Post #114 of 153
Wow, they are definitely improving. And it's... even more resolution? Need to listen more but man, that is some accurate "sound-shape" reproduction. Space rendering is phenomenal. But very complex classic stuff still is a bit taxing and will not sound totally seperated at points. Then again the Carmina Burana is tricky to render :wink:
Currently feeling it got lighter on bass, then again I'm on painkillers from a tooth extraction which tends to dull the senses in that area a bit :p

Oct 12, 2011 at 2:01 PM Post #115 of 153
Are you saying it got lighter on bass after burning in?

Quote:
Wow, they are definitely improving. And it's... even more resolution? Need to listen more but man, that is some accurate "sound-shape" reproduction. Space rendering is phenomenal. But very complex classic stuff still is a bit taxing and will not sound totally seperated at points. Then again the Carmina Burana is tricky to render :wink:
Currently feeling it got lighter on bass, then again I'm on painkillers from a tooth extraction which tends to dull the senses in that area a bit :p

Oct 12, 2011 at 3:43 PM Post #116 of 153
Like I said, I'm on painkillers and I will have to properly evaluate when I feel normal again. But sound-shaping is excellent.
On bass, I feel it was a bit more solid before, yeah. Not not a volume loss per se but a slight loss in feel of substance.

Overall, seriously impressed. The resolution is just mad. Oh and space. So much space.

Oct 13, 2011 at 4:04 PM Post #119 of 153
14 days ship time to the USA ....

Natural punchy bass ?.... well I don't think I would say that. If you like headphones with a lot of bass, you're going to hear clear open, very detailed wide sound with noticeable bass but not overwhelming bass.  

Remember they are $40 headphones, you can only expect so much, plus they are earbuds.  But for $40 boy do you get a good run for your money lol  ... they are really amazing.

Oct 13, 2011 at 5:09 PM Post #120 of 153
Shipping time can be longer than expected. I ordered on Sep 20, it is not here yet. Like other stuffs I bought from China and Hong Kong, mostly on their schedule; some of them took 4 weeks to get here, although it was rare. Wait, wait, until you can't take it any more...; it's finally here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back