New Beyerdynamic T5p 2nd generation
Aug 28, 2022 at 12:54 PM Post #1,938 of 1,954
Years ago I slapped a pair of solid leather earpads on a Fidelio X2. Destroyed the sound. That was my big lesson in the right kind of pad for the right headphone type.
You are right on! Pads can either make the sound or destroy it. It really is amazing how much difference they can make. As a matter of fact, when headphone companies want to come out with a new generation of sound, one of the first things they look for is earpads.

Nov 23, 2022 at 2:53 PM Post #1,941 of 1,954
Just bought these again, having sold them two years ago and been thinking about buying again ever since. I'll try them for portable use this time. Anyone know of a semi-portable case that fits in a backpack?

Nov 30, 2022 at 9:24 AM Post #1,944 of 1,954
Back in T5P 2nd Gen camp, having sold a pair a couple of years ago. I forgot how good these sound. Super sharp imaging, with outstanding layering and detail. Have replaced stock pads with Dekoni Elite Sheepskin pads with inner mesh cut out = superb comfort with original tuning retained. Stock cable replaced with Arctic Cable Pallas cable; not only aesthetically perfectly, but an improvement on the stock cable in every respect.

I have tended to dislike the direction Beyerdynamic has gone in the last few years - 3rd Gen T5/T1 sounded awful to me - so I consider these the last pair with the "classic" Beyer tuning. 100% keepers for me now.

1120251.jpg

Sep 16, 2023 at 3:45 AM Post #1,948 of 1,954
Is it just me or the phones look small in this pic? thanks!
Well spotted, sir. I accidently left these in my pocket, they went in the dryer, and came out 1/3 smaller.

But - contrary to my insistence that are "100% keepers" - this was not the reason I would sell them only a month or so later. I seem to recall I couldn't get past the mid-bass hump. Having seen this photo again, I have to say I'm tempted to buy them again for what must the 4th time...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back