New Beyerdynamic T5p 2nd generation
Mar 25, 2017 at 9:09 PM Post #1,021 of 1,956
Nice headphone but for my styles of music just wished for a little more bass impact.

Mar 31, 2017 at 6:33 PM Post #1,023 of 1,956
I've had the headphone for a few days now and I'm really starting to enjoy it after some getting used to / burn in time, but does the clamping force become lesser with time? I find it a bit tiring after an hour or so.

Mar 31, 2017 at 6:47 PM Post #1,024 of 1,956
  I've had the headphone for a few days now and I'm really starting to enjoy it after some getting used to / burn in time, but does the clamping force become lesser with time? I find it a bit tiring after an hour or so.

I don't know that I ever had an issue with clamping force and I'm a pretty full size guy with what I like to think is a proportionate noggin. That said, the switch from stock pads to sheepskins from Brainwavz made all the difference for me comfort wise. I can have these headphones on all day with the Brainwavz where the stock pads left the upper parts of my ears sore after an hour.

Unfortunately I'm not sure that my experience is relevant to your situation.

Apr 3, 2017 at 6:26 PM Post #1,025 of 1,956
Putting up my beyerdynamic t5p gen 2 with less than 10hrs burn in with peterek cable upgrade for sell.
Interested party PM me.
Never got to use them as i find my p9s more portable.

Apr 3, 2017 at 7:16 PM Post #1,026 of 1,956
Putting up my beyerdynamic t5p gen 2 with less than 10hrs burn in with peterek cable upgrade for sell.
Interested party PM me.

And how do you find the sound of the P9's?

The reason I ask - I originally started out looking for ANC cans for airline use.  LOVED the P7 wireless - however they did not work well on the airplane.  Ended up with B&O H9 wireless with ANC - however I prefer the P7W sound.  I brought in a pair of P9's to try however I only kept them for 2 days - they seemed VERY close in sound to the P7W.  Granted they were not broken in at all however that was my initial impressions.

I now find myself wanting a closed pair of headphones - my Utopia's have too much leakage when I am in the same room as my wife so they will only be used in other parts of the house.
I am looking for a pair of closed cans - however I am spoiled with owning the Utopia's.  I tried another pair of P7W however compared to the Utopia's - there is no going backwards.

I am now looking at bringing the Sony Z1R's back in.  Even though I demoed them - and they went back while the Utopia's remained - I still have an itch for them and think they can solve my problem of having a closed pair of can's to use when together with my wife - while maintaining TOTL closed can performance.

Apr 3, 2017 at 7:50 PM Post #1,027 of 1,956
And how do you find the sound of the P9's?

The reason I ask - I originally started out looking for ANC cans for airline use.  LOVED the P7 wireless - however they did not work well on the airplane.  Ended up with B&O H9 wireless with ANC - however I prefer the P7W sound.  I brought in a pair of P9's to try however I only kept them for 2 days - they seemed VERY close in sound to the P7W.  Granted they were not broken in at all however that was my initial impressions.

I now find myself wanting a closed pair of headphones - my Utopia's have too much leakage when I am in the same room as my wife so they will only be used in other parts of the house.
I am looking for a pair of closed cans - however I am spoiled with owning the Utopia's.  I tried another pair of P7W however compared to the Utopia's - there is no going backwards.

I am now looking at bringing the Sony Z1R's back in.  Even though I demoed them - and they went back while the Utopia's remained - I still have an itch for them and think they can solve my problem of having a closed pair of can's to use when together with my wife - while maintaining TOTL closed can performance.
the p9s are the closest soundwise to my specially fitted $6000 car system. They are sublime but leak quite some...probably abit more than the Z1R. Thence i was speechless when an experienced community member asserted he wore his on a 6hrs flight...he must own his own private jet or something.
Sir, the best closed back headphone in the world bar non for your particular circumstance is the ultrasone signature pro.....they DON'T leak.I wear them internationally for my 10hrs or more long haul trips and no one has ever complained.EVER!!!
Love them to bits I just ordered a back up unit. Hope i was of some help.
Enjoy.

Apr 3, 2017 at 8:32 PM Post #1,028 of 1,956
Interested party PM me.

That's very interesting. As a former owner of both of those cans, I'd think the opposite. The P9's are much heavier and let more sound in and out.

Apr 3, 2017 at 10:43 PM Post #1,029 of 1,956
the p9s are the closest soundwise to my specially fitted $6000 car system. They are sublime but leak quite some...probably abit more than the Z1R. Thence i was speechless when an experienced community member asserted he wore his on a 6hrs flight...he must own his own private jet or something.
Sir, the best closed back headphone in the world bar non for your particular circumstance is the ultrasone signature pro.....they DON'T leak.I wear them internationally for my 10hrs or more long haul trips and no one has ever complained.EVER!!!
Love them to bits I just ordered a back up unit. Hope i was of some help.
Enjoy.

Thanks
I will take a look at them

Apr 4, 2017 at 10:54 AM Post #1,031 of 1,956
What dac amp should I get with the T5P? I was thinking either the chord mojo with poly or the cypher labs theorem 720 dac or a Centrance mini m8..be mainly for watching streamers on twitch on a sony xperia z4 tablet!

Apr 7, 2017 at 11:30 AM Post #1,032 of 1,956
What dac amp should I get with the T5P? I was thinking either the chord mojo with poly or the cypher labs theorem 720 dac or a Centrance mini m8..be mainly for watching streamers on twitch on a sony xperia z4 tablet!

T5p 2nd Gen + Chord Mojo + JRiver = Capital

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Apr 7, 2017 at 1:20 PM Post #1,033 of 1,956

T5p is so easy to drive, I'd say take your pick. (and yes, every quality dac/amp that is transparent enough should and do sound the same) 

Apr 7, 2017 at 1:44 PM Post #1,034 of 1,956
My Desktop is a Gumby/Mjo2/EtherFlows. My DP-X1 and T5p2s as my portable don't give up That much. I'd imagine the Mojo might even be overkill and an Oppo HA2 would run the T5P2 just fine. The DP-X1, especially balanced, doesn't have any trouble pushing them.

Apr 7, 2017 at 7:19 PM Post #1,035 of 1,956

T5p is so easy to drive, I'd say take your pick. (and yes, every quality dac/amp that is transparent enough should and do sound the same) 

I am getting the ALO Continental Dual Mono.. I like the sound of Alo headphone amps..i won't just be watching people on twitch I will be listening to music aswell.. I have the A2 with Beyer Amiron being fed from a parasound intergrated dac preamp..it's just that I wanted the same type of sound when I want to go upstairs and chillout by myself!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back