Mar 1, 2017 at 3:31 PM Post #1,006 of 1,965
beyersmile.png
+
k701smile.gif
=
beerchug.gif

32296044083_14efd662b9_b.jpg

Mar 1, 2017 at 3:42 PM Post #1,007 of 1,965

The T5p Gen 1 had many plug, cables and baffle plate iteration updates over its product life. The early generation T5p Gen 1 was bass shy, my late T5p Gen 1 (serial 22XXX) has more bass than my HE500, a little bit less bass compare to my Yamaha Pro500 and E-mu Teak.

See the difference of the "reinforced ribs" on the different T5p baffle plate below:

I have not had my T5p opened up so I can't tell if it is the heavily ribbed baffle or non ribbed baffle giving more bass.

I like my T5p with DT1770 velour pads very much, making it sounds almost like my T1 Gen1 with Gen 2 pads.

And how does a T1 gen1 sounds with gen 2 pads.....
:)

Mar 2, 2017 at 11:34 PM Post #1,008 of 1,965

And how does a T1 gen1 sounds with gen 2 pads.....
:)

The T1 G2 pads perforated undersides have fewer (but larger diameter) holes. With the G2 pads, My T1 G1 sounds less "diffused", It is similar to the difference between the DT1990 "analytical" and "balanced" pads.

The G2 pads also have firmer foam and coolmax fabrics, so comfort wise is better than the G1 pads.

Mar 9, 2017 at 3:38 AM Post #1,009 of 1,965
I knew it wouldn't be good, but out of curiosity I swapped pads on my T1 gen 2 and T5p gen 2. The T1 became very bloated with recessed highs, while the T5p went the other way and became very thin sounding. I haven't tried my AKT5p pads on my T5p gen 2s, but I should give it a go. The AK pads are thinner and softer.

-Mark.

Mar 9, 2017 at 3:56 AM Post #1,010 of 1,965
I knew it wouldn't be good, but out of curiosity I swapped pads on my T1 gen 2 and T5p gen 2. ... the T5p went the other way and became very thin sounding...

Ditto...
30211657712_582c9c5aeb_c.jpg

Mar 9, 2017 at 4:48 AM Post #1,011 of 1,965
I'm still enjoying the Sheepskin Brainwavz pads on my T5p.2s. A very slight softening of the sound, maybe. Partly due to leaving the fabric backing on the back of the pad in the interest of keeping the drivers a bit cleaner while using these as portables. The comfort level though has made the difference in having to take these off in an hour with sore ears compared to, now, being able to wear these all day. 

Also, I've just had the chance to move to a balanced connection and these phones have more bass than I first realized, even from my DAP. 

These are very nice headphones.

Mar 9, 2017 at 5:24 AM Post #1,012 of 1,965
  I'm still enjoying the Sheepskin Brainwavz pads on my T5p.2s. A very slight softening of the sound, maybe. Partly due to leaving the fabric backing on the back of the pad in the interest of keeping the drivers a bit cleaner while using these as portables. The comfort level though has made the difference in having to take these off in an hour with sore ears compared to, now, being able to wear these all day. 

Also, I've just had the chance to move to a balanced connection and these phones have more bass than I first realized, even from my DAP. 

These are very nice headphones.

I should try the Brainwavz. Changing pad on the T5p gen 2 is so easy being able to just rotate them on with the notch. I think the bass has increased on mine since they were new - Perhaps, as some people have speculated, due to the pads breaking in and creating a better seal.

I own the T1's and the T5p's, but with the T1's being semi-open and the T5p's being semi-closed and both using the same driver type they sound remarkably similar.

-Mark.

Mar 9, 2017 at 8:31 PM Post #1,013 of 1,965
Just got the t5p 2g a few days ago.  I'm in love.   Have been looking for a sealed over-ear headphone for sometime that is not crazy expensive.  I have the Audeze Sine which I love except for the terrible ear pain after an hour of use from the on-ear design.  The Beyers are really a special headphone and sound more like my Earsonics SEM9 (which is a very good thing).  They are resolving and slightly organic, a great complement to my 800S which is too resolving sometimes.  Sounds great and will be a keeper for sure.  

Mar 20, 2017 at 2:52 PM Post #1,015 of 1,965
  hi guys i bought these headphones about a month ago but in the past few days the silver cover for the right cup kept falling off...
what should i do?

​Sorry to hear that
frown.gif
​ Is it glued on or snaped on in your opinion? If the former, I would return it and if the latter, I might first write to Beyerdynamic and asked them.
Unfortunate situation, given we are talking about a €1.2K-list headphone...

Good luck!
p.s a smartphone pic of the cup without the silver cover and another of the underside of the silver cover would be very useful for all - if you would be so kind...
beerchug.gif

Mar 20, 2017 at 5:45 PM Post #1,017 of 1,965

​I have the T-1 first and the T-5 second. I really like my T-1's a lot. I have never had the chance to try the T-1 second gens. I also like the T-5 second too. At first, I did not like them until I spent some time on them. Now, I could not live without them. I also recently got Grado GS 1000. They are great too. Just as good or even better than my Senns H.D. 8000 in some aspects.

Mar 20, 2017 at 5:53 PM Post #1,018 of 1,965
  it's glued next time it pops out i will take a picture

As a closed-back 'phone the silver covers are decorative rather than functional. It is very disappointing that a high-end component has such a defect and similar problems are not unknown across their range. Rightly or wrongly I try to console myself with a view that they concentrate on what is most important to the extent that they allow the odd quality faux pas through.

Personally, I'd probably send a grumpy email to Beyer and just reattach the cover myself using adhesive or double sided tape.

Mar 20, 2017 at 8:09 PM Post #1,019 of 1,965

​Sorry to hear that
frown.gif
​ Is it glued on or snaped on in your opinion? If the former, I would return it and if the latter, I might first write to Beyerdynamic and asked them.
Unfortunate situation, given we are talking about a €1.2K-list headphone...

Good luck!
p.s a smartphone pic of the cup without the silver cover and another of the underside of the silver cover would be very useful for all - if you would be so kind...
beerchug.gif

Mar 20, 2017 at 9:10 PM Post #1,020 of 1,965
T4s!

Sigh... well, considering the headache of shipping it back or to your local AKG support, I'd probably put one small drop of super glue on a few of those tabs and call it a day... . Just take your time so as not to use excess glue and possibly mare the finish. Also make sure you mark the back of the (silver) cover for correct alignment so that the logo is horizontal.

If that still doesn't do the trick then I would send it back. You will not be able to mimic the original adhesive (assuming that's what that "spoke" is on the cover... )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back