New Beyerdynamic T5p 2nd generation
Oct 3, 2016 at 1:21 PM Post #812 of 1,956
1,099 USD why?

Was curious, Cloudtail (Amazon's own shop in India / www.Amazon.in) is selling it at $887, a full $200 dollars less although the 2nd generation is relatively new. http://www.amazon.in/beyerdynamic-Generation-Audiophile-Stereo-Headphones/dp/B015ACX03G/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1475515131&sr=1-1&keywords=t1+beyerdynamic

Oct 3, 2016 at 5:54 PM Post #813 of 1,956

Was curious, Cloudtail (Amazon's own shop in India / www.Amazon.in) is selling it at $887, a full $200 dollars less although the 2nd generation is relatively new. http://www.amazon.in/beyerdynamic-Generation-Audiophile-Stereo-Headphones/dp/B015ACX03G/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1475515131&sr=1-1&keywords=t1+beyerdynamic

Your link points at the T1 2nd gen, not the T5p.
I couldn't find the T5p 2nd gen in Amazon.in, am I mistaken?

Oct 3, 2016 at 6:26 PM Post #815 of 1,956
T1.2, yes. You have nothing to do with it, I guess.

Not really, I'm looking for a closed back can to avoid waking up baby in the evening, which became the only few minutes when I can enjoy music at home.
I already have an open back headphone, the HiFiman Edition X which I totally love but sound leakage is massive...

Oct 3, 2016 at 7:05 PM Post #816 of 1,956
Not really, I'm looking for a closed back can to avoid waking up baby in the evening, which became the only few minutes when I can enjoy music at home.
I already have an open back headphone, the HiFiman Edition X which I totally love but sound leakage is massive...

DT1770 is up there with T5p.2, or maybe even better or more balanced. Not to mention $500 cheaper. Or, you may want to consider the Tesla 2.0 successor to T70p that might be around the corner like the just released Amiron? Dual-entry cables unlike 1770 and maybe similarly balanced but more musical at the same price. FAD Pandora Hope? Nay, you should really go for Ether C or Ether Flow C for a real kick. Let us know when get the next can.

Oct 3, 2016 at 7:22 PM Post #817 of 1,956
DT1770 is up there with T5p.2, or maybe even better or more balanced. Not to mention $500 cheaper. Or, you may want to consider the Tesla 2.0 successor to T70p that might be around the corner like the just released Amiron? Dual-entry cables unlike 1770 and maybe similarly balanced but more musical at the same price. FAD Pandora Hope? Nay, you should really go for Ether C or Ether Flow C for a real kick. Let us know when get the next can.

After reading tons of good reviews on the web I tested the 1770 but was really disappointed with the sound. Boomy bass and lack of detail to my ears.
I then tried the TH900, better, but recessed minds and too aggressive highs did not convince me.
Pandora Hope I considered but can't audition them, I was planning to try with amazon in case I return the T5p.2
Ether... I never considered, I'll look into it, thanks for the tip!

Oct 4, 2016 at 9:11 AM Post #819 of 1,956
Hi guys, which cable do you think would better with t5p2, silver or copper? Thanks . 

Oct 4, 2016 at 2:24 PM Post #820 of 1,956
Originally in twister6 review
"Alpha pads have a stretchy fabric material which probably adds another subtle layer of filtering."

Do you think it would be better to remove that? I just put on T5p 2Gen  Brainwavz Sheepskin Memory pads, same way of installation as yours, and in fact the material creates some veil effect.

Oct 10, 2016 at 8:10 PM Post #821 of 1,956
Hey guys, considering buying these, as I want a portable that I can use at my desk space at work. Unfortunately, I fear that these may leak a bit too much, as my bosses sit about 6 feet behind me, one directly behind, two on each side about 8 feet apart. I don't want to bug them, and I also have a coworker who sits next to me, maybe 3 feet away. I don't mind as much if he can hear it, as he uses headphones most of the time anyways. I don't listen very loud, so its tough for me to know if these are usable.

Also, just as a sound-thing, I enjoyed listening to the first gen at a meet, but wished they were just a tad tamer in the upper mids and upper treble. A tad more bass wouldn't hurt either. I'm between buying these and the Oppo PM-3, which I have heard and enjoyed, despite them being a tad boring. I just feel that these would be a better listen, and since I'm going to be spending a lot of time just drawing up CAD sketches, I wouldn't want to get bored by the Oppo's sound eventually. If anyone has any input on how these sound relative to the first gen or their isolation, it would be greatly appreciated. 
beyersmile.png

Oct 11, 2016 at 10:31 PM Post #823 of 1,956
  Considered DT 1770?
Warmer than T5p.
Very well-balanced.
Super isolation.
Detachable cable.
Fun.
$400 cheaper.
All-black look.

I had, but looking at graphs (which I ended up knowing a great deal about as an electrical engineer as well as audiophile), hearing about unnatural mids (closed cup coloration) and slight v-shape, I decided these weren't for me. Despite my issues with the old t5p, I liked them a lot and heard that the 2nd gen fixed some of the shouty upper mids and the bass. I could definitely deal with the treble, even if unchanged

However, due to hearing about lack of isolation and not finding great prices on them I decided to get the PM-3. Theres a whole lot of time for me to try new things out and go to meets, buying blind is too dangerous. I'll enjoy the PM-3s and I won't look like a goof with huge headphones, plus I'm kind of a die-hard ortho fan. I keep trying to buy dynamic headphones, then selling them 
redface.gif

Oct 12, 2016 at 12:12 AM Post #824 of 1,956
  Hey guys, considering buying these, as I want a portable that I can use at my desk space at work. Unfortunately, I fear that these may leak a bit too much, as my bosses sit about 6 feet behind me, one directly behind, two on each side about 8 feet apart. I don't want to bug them, and I also have a coworker who sits next to me, maybe 3 feet away. I don't mind as much if he can hear it, as he uses headphones most of the time anyways. I don't listen very loud, so its tough for me to know if these are usable.

Also, just as a sound-thing, I enjoyed listening to the first gen at a meet, but wished they were just a tad tamer in the upper mids and upper treble. A tad more bass wouldn't hurt either. I'm between buying these and the Oppo PM-3, which I have heard and enjoyed, despite them being a tad boring. I just feel that these would be a better listen, and since I'm going to be spending a lot of time just drawing up CAD sketches, I wouldn't want to get bored by the Oppo's sound eventually. If anyone has any input on how these sound relative to the first gen or their isolation, it would be greatly appreciated. 
beyersmile.png

For what it's worth I've been using my T5p.2 in the open office environment and nobody complained. If you liked the original T5p another option to consider is B&O H6 gen 1. They are amazing for the money. I also found PM-3 uninspiring.

Oct 12, 2016 at 8:39 AM Post #825 of 1,956
Considered DT 1770? Warmer than T5p. Very well-balanced...

I had, but ... hearing about unnatural mids (closed cup coloration) and slight v-shape, I decided these weren't for me... However, due to hearing about lack of isolation and not finding great prices on them I decided to get the PM-3...

For what it's worth I've been using my T5p.2 in the open office environment and nobody complained ... I also found PM-3 uninspiring.

I found a piece of real 
beyersmile.png
Head-Fi nirvana
beyersmile.png
recently during a trip to Berlin and tried all three of them (as well as the T1, AKT1) in search of my first pair closed cans.
I used a Mojo tethered to my Smartphone for testing.

Coming from an open-can-only school the T5P2G were the only ones I could really appreciate. While the DT 1770 Pros were a bit too dark and closed for my taste, the PM-3s were intolerably dark / veiled... 
eek.gif
. I don't understand why there's such a large following for them. But Okay, everyone has their own criteria for what sounds good (and what doesn't).

FWIW, although I was in the market for closed cans, I did try the T1 & AKT1 just for fun; I'm a bit shy about high-impedance cans and I am still not quite convinced that they are worth the hassle for most music genres. During my testing, I felt the two were less warm than the T5P2G and yes, I'm more in to a warm ( & open) signature and less concerned about (mild) roll-off on either side of the freq. band... .

Did I mention it was freaking Head-Fi nirvana??? O.M.G!!!
29639168063_8899d7e90d_c.jpg

30183809461_e210da2c86_c.jpg

So, along with the regular touristic fare (A Checkpoint-Charlie pin, a "hands-up" Bear and the "Ampelmann"), I came back with these
beyersmile.png

30183808831_ee8f86165d_c.jpg

I've been running a burn-in sequence for the past 48hrs. Fortunately my Grados are also 32 ohms and with the help of the Mojo it will be fun to compare them "real time"
atsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back