New Beyerdynamic T5p 2nd generation
Apr 5, 2016 at 11:02 AM Post #436 of 1,956
It would be my end game too lol

I would say the same for myself.  The Gen 2 T5P is everything I've been looking for.  But I know myself too well.  At some point, I'll be wondering "what else is out there?"

Apr 5, 2016 at 11:07 AM Post #437 of 1,956
I would say the same for myself.  The Gen 2 T5P is everything I've been looking for.  But I know myself too well.  At some point, I'll be wondering "what else is out there?"
I can only assume it would be my perfect headphobe to enjoy rock such as hendrix, kings of leon, oasis etc. The addition of some bass would let it cross over to my rap music, although not basshead level lol. I really think it would sound superb with guitar rifts and vocals

Apr 5, 2016 at 12:01 PM Post #438 of 1,956
I can only assume it would be my perfect headphobe to enjoy rock such as hendrix, kings of leon, oasis etc. The addition of some bass would let it cross over to my rap music, although not basshead level lol. I really think it would sound superb with guitar rifts and vocals

No headphone is perfect but these may be as close as I've heard to my perfect headphone.  They are most definitely fantastic for rock.  I've logged about 20 hours on mine so far:  (All some form of rock)  Everything has sounded very good and many things sublime. 

Apr 5, 2016 at 3:01 PM Post #440 of 1,956

I have to say that I was really surprised by how the T5p gen 2 bass scales with power. I bought the Beyerdynamic balanced cable and plugged in the T5p gen 2 balanced into an audio-gd Master 11, and the bass was pounding!  I haven't tried out other basshead cans other than the Fostex TH-X00 (though not on the Master 11, which has a really powerful amp), but from what I remember, I don't recall the Fostex reaching as deep or creating the tactile sensation like the Beyerdynamic did.   

Apr 5, 2016 at 3:07 PM Post #441 of 1,956
I have to say that I was really surprised by how the T5p gen 2 bass scales with power. I bought the Beyerdynamic balanced cable and plugged in the T5p gen 2 balanced into an audio-gd Master 11, and the bass was pounding!  I haven't tried out other basshead cans other than the Fostex TH-X00 (though not on the Master 11, which has a really powerful amp), but from what I remember, I don't recall the Fostex reaching as deep or creating the tactile sensation like the Beyerdynamic did.   
seriously?? Im not shy to bass, just from what I've read its not hard on the bass. If it is then thats fine as I have the jvc sz1000 and v moda wireless and think theyre great. The T5p.2 would be used strictly for portable listening and driven out of my s6 edge plus through a cayin c5.

Just made my mind up on ordering the new vibro labs ARIA as my endgame IEM, paying for them later today, stoked....

Apr 5, 2016 at 3:17 PM Post #442 of 1,956
seriously?? Im not shy to bass, just from what I've read its not hard on the bass. If it is then thats fine as I have the jvc sz1000 and v moda wireless and think theyre great. The T5p.2 would be used strictly for portable listening and driven out of my s6 edge plus through a cayin c5.

Just made my mind up on ordering the new vibro labs ARIA as my endgame IEM, paying for them later today, stoked....

I should clarify that this was an amp that outputs close to 16 W of power, something that a portable setup will not come anywhere close to putting out.  With my iPhone, I felt the headphone was well balanced. Overall, I think the headphone is a really nicely balanced headphone that works well with a wide variety of music; at the same time, I think it has the potential to really reach basshead-level bass if that's what you're looking for too. 

Then again, I could be wrong. It's just my opinion.

Apr 5, 2016 at 3:24 PM Post #443 of 1,956
I should clarify that this was an amp that outputs close to 16 W of power, something that a portable setup will not come anywhere close to putting out.  With my iPhone, I felt the headphone was well balanced. Overall, I think the headphone is a really nicely balanced headphone that works well with a wide variety of music; at the same time, I think it has the potential to really reach basshead-level bass if that's what you're looking for too. 

Then again, I could be wrong. It's just my opinion.
I wonder how this would pair with a mojo. My listening is strictly portable, really hoping I can demo these pretty soon

Apr 5, 2016 at 3:24 PM Post #444 of 1,956
My amp is 1.8 watts at 32ohm and I'm hearing some pretty impressive bass as well.  I also have a pair of Fostex TH-600's which are considered a basshead can.  The T5P's don't have that quantity of bass but they have more impact.  I'm considering selling the TH600's now, because the T5P bass is plenty satisfying for me.  The T5P's somehow still maintain an impressive level of detail, despite the powerful bass.  Like I said previously, I don't feel like anything is missing.

Apr 5, 2016 at 3:31 PM Post #445 of 1,956
Im literally in the middle of confirming my order for my new IEM. No doubt I will end up selling my other gear and getting these soon, I have THAT feeling. Everything your describing, im wanting lol. Eddie Vedders voice would sound incredible with them I would think

Apr 5, 2016 at 5:50 PM Post #447 of 1,956
I just recently got the Mojo, so I'll do some more in-depth listening specifically with rock and let you know what I find.
ok great. I actually bought the mojo 2weeks ago but i think I didnt hae the hardware to really make them shine and ny music files aint high enough quality, i returned it. Once I update my music library and I get my new IEM's i'll give it another try

Apr 5, 2016 at 10:16 PM Post #448 of 1,956
Jus listened to some Hendrix on the Mojo with the T5p 2nd gen, and I think you will really like the pairing.  There is a more 3d sound to the headphones with the Mojo compared to just the phone, and there is real clarity in the instruments and vocals without sounding too clinical. The bass is also impactful without affecting the mids or the highs.

Apr 6, 2016 at 12:29 AM Post #449 of 1,956
I tried the t5p one more time in the car yesterday.My daughter was playing on her ipad,and my wife was listening to the Cars stereo,while she was also talking to my Mother. I feelt that if i played the volume a little high, the isolation was ok,but not Great.So to prevent hearing damage (im getting old,lol :p ) , i will use the iems for this purpose. I also sold my Philips fidelio x2s to my Brother. Dont have use for them anymore :) Also sold my audio technica ath msr 7. So super happy with the t5p :D

Apr 6, 2016 at 12:34 AM Post #450 of 1,956
Jus listened to some Hendrix on the Mojo with the T5p 2nd gen, and I think you will really like the pairing.  There is a more 3d sound to the headphones with the Mojo compared to just the phone, and there is real clarity in the instruments and vocals without sounding too clinical. The bass is also impactful without affecting the mids or the highs.

I tried the t5p one more time in the car yesterday.My daughter was playing on her ipad,and my wife was listening to the Cars stereo,while she was also talking to my Mother. I feelt that if i played the volume a little high, the isolation was ok,but not Great.So to prevent hearing damage, i will use the iems for this purpose. I also sold my Philips fidelio x2s to my Brother. Dont have use for them anymore :) Also sold my audio technica ath msr 7. So super happy with the t5p :D
awesome guys. Bought my new IEM yesterday so wont be for a while.... unless i become ill with the audio bug. Protect yourselves guys, it will hit your wallet sick lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back