New Beyerdynamic T5p 2nd generation
Apr 27, 2016 at 12:34 PM Post #526 of 1,960
  Anyone tried the mojo with the t5p versus the ha-2? Im very happy with the ha-2/t5p combo,and love the bass boost button for some music.Just curious how the mojo works with the t5p :)

I`ve made myself an new playlist on tidal today.Cant wait for the little one to go to bed,so i can test it on the headphones :p   I really like the t5p.The soundstage is very big :D

How is the bass? I remember you like EDM like I do.

Apr 27, 2016 at 1:46 PM Post #527 of 1,960
  How is the bass? I remember you like EDM like I do.

I like good bass,but not to boomy ( i bought the supra nitro iems,and they are too boomy/dark sounding).I think the t5p has a nice,clean and punchy bass.Of course,on edm music i could always have  some more bass from the t5p.But thats what i like about the oppo ha-2 and its bass boost function.It ads better bass,and dont mess up the mids/treble.It sounds warmer with the bass boost.I like all kind of music.Edm,pop,rock,metal,classical,ect.... So i think the t5p is a good choice for me.An audiophile allround headphone,that handles all kind of genres.If i only listened to edm,i might would consider some other headphones.I`ve read that the dt1770 is a good choice for edm music :)

Apr 27, 2016 at 3:28 PM Post #528 of 1,960
  I like good bass,but not to boomy ( i bought the supra nitro iems,and they are too boomy/dark sounding).I think the t5p has a nice,clean and punchy bass.Of course,on edm music i could always have  some more bass from the t5p.But thats what i like about the oppo ha-2 and its bass boost function.It ads better bass,and dont mess up the mids/treble.It sounds warmer with the bass boost.I like all kind of music.Edm,pop,rock,metal,classical,ect.... So i think the t5p is a good choice for me.An audiophile allround headphone,that handles all kind of genres.If i only listened to edm,i might would consider some other headphones.I`ve read that the dt1770 is a good choice for edm music :)

How do you think this track sounds? Does it want to make you dance? 
smile.gif
  I think it'll be very popular in clubs this summer.

Apr 28, 2016 at 9:49 AM Post #532 of 1,960
How do you think this track sounds? Does it want to make you dance? :smile:   I think it'll be very popular in clubs this summer.
I've been dancing all night Long. Lol :p it sounds good.But i think that music like that would sound Even better on an less revealing headphone. And on a more warm,bassier,fun, colored headhone. :) But since the t5p handles all kind of music,some compromise must be accepted :)

Apr 28, 2016 at 10:13 AM Post #534 of 1,960
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gTPSxbQ9sbo

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eaGpdhienMk

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=foE1mO2yM04

These songs i think sounds good on t5p,when we are talking edm
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks, I listen to all kinds of EDM as it's a very broad term. I'm between T5P 2nd gen and the upcoming TH-610. I wish someone measured T5P 2nd gen already.

Apr 29, 2016 at 8:34 PM Post #535 of 1,960

Highly recommend!

Thanks for the tip on the Alpha pads mod! I still have gen 1 T5P and just did the mod. I think the pads add at least +2-3 dB in the 100 Hz or so and below. I had my EQ set to +4.5 at those lower frequencies before Alpha pads and now have the EQ at +2. There is no loss of high end that I can tell. I would imagine the T5P gen 2 wouldn't need any EQ with the Alpha pads for my ears. I like bass frequencies just a touch above neutral. I am listening to my Gungnir/CDM source but will try my WA7 next week. I'm going to bet I won't need any EQ on the WA7 since it is a warmer setup. These are way more comfortable than the original pads, but I do think they are a little warmer due to the tighter fit.

As @twister6  says, highly recommended! Price is very reasonable for leather pads. Don't be shy when you try to install these. The flaps do stretch so just gently pull the flaps over the flange of the cups. I grabbed the flap and pulled over the flange instead of trying to push the flap over the flange from inside the pad. Note, the flaps will not fit in between the groove of the cup flange like the OEM pads. You have to pull the flaps completely over the flange. Try to position the thicker part of the pad where you want them before pulling the flaps on because once you have the flaps fully covering the flange, the pad does not rotate very easily, although you can move it a cm or 2.

Apr 30, 2016 at 1:47 PM Post #538 of 1,960
I read that, thanks, I noticed it says sound leakage is still there obv. because of bass port​................just wondered if anyone who was into modding T5p had devised a way to minimise sound leakage.....................(besides turning volume down LOL)

Apr 30, 2016 at 7:44 PM Post #540 of 1,960
I read that, thanks, I noticed it says sound leakage is still there obv. because of bass port​................just wondered if anyone who was into modding T5p had devised a way to minimise sound leakage.....................(besides turning volume down LOL)

Sorry, I don't know of any mods for the port. I'd think the only thing you can do is close the port; but that would result in a negative impact to the sound quality.

Eliminating the sound leak emanating from the ear pads made a big difference (for me, the SQ improvement was the motivation for mod, not necessarily the sound leak reduction, which was a bonus). I'd not mess with the port to reduce the remaining sound leakage. If you need to reduce the sound leak anymore, I'd look at another headphone. My 2 cents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back