New Beyerdynamic T5p 2nd generation
Mar 15, 2020 at 12:08 PM Post #1,606 of 1,965
The portable DAC/AMP I mentioned is the IFI Micro iDSD Black Label, and not the nano one because the latter will not have enough power to drive the T1.2 to good level. Yeah, true about the battery and most are not replaceable so they're designed to be obsolete with lots of usage over the years.
Exactly. I'm glad I didn't waste my money on the Sony WF XM3, I wanted to get them but after some years they'll become obsolete and there goes €299. A lot of the reviews they mentioned the earphones comes out easily. That's why earbuds for me so I can use foams to prevent them falling out. But I haven't used my earbuds since I got my Beyers ^^

This sounds true but when it’s not coming in, it won’t come out!
About expensive audio systems?

Mar 18, 2020 at 3:27 AM Post #1,607 of 1,965
Exactly. I'm glad I didn't waste my money on the Sony WF XM3, I wanted to get them but after some years they'll become obsolete and there goes €299. A lot of the reviews they mentioned the earphones comes out easily. That's why earbuds for me so I can use foams to prevent them falling out. But I haven't used my earbuds since I got my Beyers ^^

About expensive audio systems?

I did buy the XM3 at launch and was disappointed with the sound quality. I was lured in by the excellent noise cancellation (gotta give SONY credit for that) but cannot forgive the muddled and boomy tuning (which I should have known better going into this line of product). A lot of people suggest Beyer or the Ananda true wireless for better sound. I just don't think I will spend $700+ for a bluetooth headphone ever.

Mar 18, 2020 at 8:36 AM Post #1,608 of 1,965
I did buy the XM3 at launch and was disappointed with the sound quality. I was lured in by the excellent noise cancellation (gotta give SONY credit for that) but cannot forgive the muddled and boomy tuning (which I should have known better going into this line of product). A lot of people suggest Beyer or the Ananda true wireless for better sound. I just don't think I will spend $700+ for a bluetooth headphone ever.
Which XM3? WF (in-ear) or the WH (over-ear headphone)? I tried the headphone XM3 in a store and the sound is too horrible when using it wired. It probably has to do with the DSP chip. My Amiron Wireless doesn't have that, the sound are the same in bluetooth and wired. Spending €700+ for a bluetooth headphone is pretty load of bs IMO. The battery will degrade over years. I'm very gratefull Beyer didn't give the Amiron Wireless the same issue as Sony did to WH XM3.

Mar 18, 2020 at 10:44 AM Post #1,609 of 1,965
Which XM3? WF (in-ear) or the WH (over-ear headphone)? I tried the headphone XM3 in a store and the sound is too horrible when using it wired. It probably has to do with the DSP chip. My Amiron Wireless doesn't have that, the sound are the same in bluetooth and wired. Spending €700+ for a bluetooth headphone is pretty load of bs IMO. The battery will degrade over years. I'm very gratefull Beyer didn't give the Amiron Wireless the same issue as Sony did to WH XM3.

Ya the over ear one. I still keep it now, but will put it on sale soon.

Mar 18, 2020 at 10:57 AM Post #1,610 of 1,965
Ya the over ear one. I still keep it now, but will put it on sale soon.
Exactly as you explained, muddled and too boomy. I guess that mostly applies to overrated headphones like that. Soundstage is horrible too and everything sounded enclosed, it's like there is no distance between all the instruments. The ANC is excellent indeed but that's the only one positive but it's a very nice one for people that are on the go too often or in busy crowded areas.

Mar 18, 2020 at 5:12 PM Post #1,611 of 1,965
do the t5's perform better with hi end gear? i have a chord TT2 and chord mscaler.

Yes, but as much as like them they're a bit under gunned for kit as exalted as the TT2. They scale well but not that well. IMO

Mar 19, 2020 at 7:25 AM Post #1,612 of 1,965
Yes, but as much as like them they're a bit under gunned for kit as exalted as the TT2. They scale well but not that well. IMO

Ditto. I think T5p sounds a bit better on my desktop amp, but I don't detect much significant difference than when I drive it with my Kann. I even drive it with my dongle (Ibasso DC01) sometimes when I am lazy with any complicated setup and still sounds great regardless.

Mar 25, 2020 at 9:41 AM Post #1,613 of 1,965
So I recently had a full Beyer setup with an A20 amplifier. Using Ifi iDSD Black Label as a DAC. Beyer headphones pair perfectly Beyer amp, driving the T1 with plenty of headroom.
20200325_213833.jpg

Apr 3, 2020 at 10:56 AM Post #1,614 of 1,965
Hi T5P Gen 2 Owners,
Has anybody tried alternative earpads to the stock ones and found a noticeable difference to comfort with no change or improvement to the sound ?.
I find the stock earpads becoming a bit uncomfortable after approx. an hour of listening and my ears becoming a bit hot.

Apr 3, 2020 at 11:07 AM Post #1,615 of 1,965
Hi T5P Gen 2 Owners,
Has anybody tried alternative earpads to the stock ones and found a noticeable difference to comfort with no change or improvement to the sound ?.
I find the stock earpads becoming a bit uncomfortable after approx. an hour of listening and my ears becoming a bit hot.
Have you tried earpads covers? Maybe it's because of the p-leathers and makes ears sweat easily. I got mine from Greekia.

Apr 3, 2020 at 10:08 PM Post #1,616 of 1,965
Hi T5P Gen 2 Owners,

I put DT1770 velour oads on my T5p G1. They improve comfort a lot but do change the sound. I actually like how the sound changes as the T5p sounds very much like my T1 now with the DT1770 velour pads.

I like the DT1770 velour pads so much that O also put them on my T70.

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2020 at 5:27 AM Post #1,617 of 1,965
I put DT1770 velour oads on my T5p G1. They improve comfort a lot but do change the sound. I actually like how the sound changes as the T5p sounds very much like my T1 now with the DT1770 velour pads.

I like the DT1770 velour pads so much that O also put them on my T70.
Thank you borrego. Much appreciated.

Apr 4, 2020 at 5:28 AM Post #1,618 of 1,965
Have you tried earpads covers? Maybe it's because of the p-leathers and makes ears sweat easily. I got mine from Greekia.
Thank you CTR640. Much appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back