New Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation)
Jan 1, 2017 at 4:45 PM Post #1,981 of 3,924
I can agree with this too. The Elear is more engaging and fun but by the 2-3 hour mark I am fatigued. The T1.2 does not do this to me. I think it's the incredible dynamics of the Elear pounding me into submission.

Lol that's funny that you say that, because I feel like the complete opposite.  The T1.2 for me are more engaging initially, but I tire of them quickly.  I can listen to the Elear for hours on end.

The T1.2 sound spectacular with any acoustic or "unplugged" (like Alice in Chains Unplugged), but with harder distorted guitars, my ears get shredded to pieces.  Take for example the heavier songs on Incubus' Morning View album.

Jan 1, 2017 at 5:07 PM Post #1,982 of 3,924
Few
Lol that's funny that you say that, because I feel like the complete opposite.  The T1.2 for me are more engaging initially, but I tire of them quickly.  I can listen to the Elear for hours on end.

The T1.2 sound spectacular with any acoustic or "unplugged" (like Alice in Chains Unplugged), but with harder distorted guitars, my ears get shredded to pieces.  Take for example the heavier songs on Incubus' Morning View album.

Goes to show there is no right or wrong. Headfi is nothing but opinions.......

Jan 1, 2017 at 8:58 PM Post #1,983 of 3,924
Few
Goes to show there is no right or wrong. Headfi is nothing but opinions.......

Agreed.  It's what makes this all so fun, but also frustrating at times when you tend to base you buying choices strictly on other reviews.  Really the only way to do it is to buy new from a place that has a return policy, or buy something used with the understanding that you may take a loss if you don't like it and have to sell.

I've got about 50 hours on my T1.2 now, and I'm not sure I'm hearing much change other than in the bass.  The bass however, is sounding pretty damn good.  I'd say it outdoes the bass in the Elear in some ways.  It seems to go lower and is tighter.  I'm still not hearing a lot of softening in the treble yet.  Many people have described the T1.2 as "warm," but I am certainly not getting that yet.

Jan 1, 2017 at 9:36 PM Post #1,984 of 3,924
Agreed.  It's what makes this all so fun, but also frustrating at times when you tend to base you buying choices strictly on other reviews.  Really the only way to do it is to buy new from a place that has a return policy, or buy something used with the understanding that you may take a loss if you don't like it and have to sell.

I've got about 50 hours on my T1.2 now, and I'm not sure I'm hearing much change other than in the bass.  The bass however, is sounding pretty damn good.  I'd say it outdoes the bass in the Elear in some ways.  It seems to go lower and is tighter.  I'm still not hearing a lot of softening in the treble yet.  Many people have described the T1.2 as "warm," but I am certainly not getting that yet.

I'll tell you this-I am really happy having both the T1.2 and Elear on hand. For me, they balance things out nicely depending on my mood. As far as buying phones, amps and dacs go- yes I too rely heavily on the reviews. I don't want to even think of the wasted money over the years. :moneybag::cry::cry:

Jan 1, 2017 at 11:51 PM Post #1,985 of 3,924
I'll tell you this-I am really happy having both the T1.2 and Elear on hand. For me, they balance things out nicely depending on my mood. As far as buying phones, amps and dacs go- yes I too rely heavily on the reviews. I don't want to even think of the wasted money over the years. :moneybag::cry::cry:

I would actually love to own both the T1.2 and Elear, but it's not in the cards.  I'm going to have to choose one or the other.  Since the Elear thus far have been the better all-rounders, I'll probably have to go that way.

As far as wasting money, tell me about it.  I chased my tail for quite a while trying to find speakers for my 2 channel system.  I wasted so much money on resale and return shipping for speaker trials.  I tried out a pair of Spatial Audio M3's that didn't work out.  Cost me about $250 to ship them back 
blink.gif

Jan 2, 2017 at 1:31 AM Post #1,986 of 3,924

Hi jsplice!

As for my opinion, with T1.2 being warm, I am a bit disagreeing with that. For me, T1.2 is neutral-bright headphones and can be sibilant when paired with wrong equipment. Most of the people in this thread they are using it with tube amp that is why it balances out (though i am not generalizing and i could be wrong :) ). Currently, i am using it with Auralic Taurus and NAD 1050 (balanced all throughout) yes i admit, it could be fatiguing at times because details fleshes out but given a good recording it returns with amazing details.

whill :)

Jan 2, 2017 at 2:18 AM Post #1,987 of 3,924
  Has anyone here heard the t1 2nd gen and the hd800s? I've owned the t1 2nd gen for a few months and am very happy with the sound but hearing about the superior sound-stage and clarity in the hd800s makes it tempting to try out. I have until jan 29th to return my t1's to amazon so I could try out the hd800s and maybe return those too if I don't like them. My amp is a beyerdynamic a20 that pairs really well with the t1.2 but I don't know how they would do with the hd800s.

Anyone who has heard both cans and can describe any advantages/disadvantages of the HD800S over the t1.2 would be appreciated!

If you are able to audition both simultaneously with the option of returning either or both to Amazon I wouldn't hesitate to do that.

Unless you listen for yourself you will never be absolutely sure. We all hear things slightly differently and with different set-ups and musical tastes to confound the issue too.

Jan 2, 2017 at 4:03 PM Post #1,989 of 3,924
Coming from T90s to T1's, 2nd gen they really are "warm" IMO. Much more fuller rounded sound...Things still are clear but the total presence is just different which to me make the overall presentation "warm"...I hard a hard time listening to Adele's stuff, but the T1's make this very enjoyable....no sibilence at all to me.

I find I am just listening to the music more vs analyzing it.....the T1's are much more enjoyable....putting on the T90s. there is a lack of overall presentation and they seem more clear and open. The T90's seem to lack in the depth and presence....still very, very articulate and good.

As far as poorly recorded stuff....I just dont waste my time with it...I go out of my way to find well mastered recordings that make you can really enjoy.  I bought these headphones to be able to hear all thats there in a recording and help tell the differences in amps, tubes etc....they do that well.

Depending on your real world experience your opinion most likely will be different than mine and others, but just as valid.

A well recorded song with the T1's and the Bottlehead Crack amp I am using now is indeed magical....but with lesser recordings its well "lesser"..

Alex

Jan 18, 2017 at 9:52 AM Post #1,994 of 3,924
Not a great choice for 600 ohms...

Power output has also been increased, making the WM1Z/WM1A far more competitive and versatile  in comparison to their underpowered predecessor, the NW-ZX2.  In high gain mode, the player output close to 1.926 V into 15 ohms per channel via its balanced output (measured with 1 kHz signal), providing a output power of close 247 mW into 15 ohms.  This is slightly less than the published 250 mW into 15 ohms.  In high gain mode, the player output 0.937 V into 15 ohms per channel via its single ended output, providing a output power of 58.5 mW into 15 ohms (once again, 1 kHz signal).

A.

Jan 18, 2017 at 3:40 PM Post #1,995 of 3,924
  Not a great choice for 600 ohms...

Power output has also been increased, making the WM1Z/WM1A far more competitive and versatile  in comparison to their underpowered predecessor, the NW-ZX2.  In high gain mode, the player output close to 1.926 V into 15 ohms per channel via its balanced output (measured with 1 kHz signal), providing a output power of close 247 mW into 15 ohms.  This is slightly less than the published 250 mW into 15 ohms.  In high gain mode, the player output 0.937 V into 15 ohms per channel via its single ended output, providing a output power of 58.5 mW into 15 ohms (once again, 1 kHz signal).

A.

did some research in the past few days now i m more oriented in the focal elear...much easier to drive

Users who are viewing this thread

Back