New Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation)
Dec 13, 2016 at 9:39 PM Post #1,951 of 3,927
I just got the Beyerdynamic 1.4m cable, though to use with my Focal Elear.  It's a great deal, IMHO, very well made, and it's quality seems to be better than other more expensive options.

For example, I got a quote from a respected "bargain" custom cable maker who wanted $131 + shipping for a similar length 26awg OFC copper cable (likely just Mogami quad microphone cable), whereas the Beyer is $120 for 24awg OCC copper.  And the Beyer has a professional, audiophile look & feel with cloth covering, whereas many of the custom cables tend to have a DIY look to them.

Now I just need to get a Beyer T1 or Amiron so I can use the cable for double duties. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 15, 2016 at 10:40 AM Post #1,955 of 3,927
I have tried the HD800S and the T1 and in the end I bought the T1. I only listen to Classical music, and drive them with and OTL amp, do you do something different? Maybe listen to elettronic music of whatever is it called?

Dec 15, 2016 at 12:02 PM Post #1,956 of 3,927
I listen to a broad range of music, but especially classical - orchestral, chamber, etc.  I do agree with you that they T1's do well with classical.  But I don't find them to be as work as well for some other genre's.  The 800S is more versatile for me in that respect. Even though both headphones can have some annoying peaks in the high end I find that I have more trouble with the T1 than the 800S.  It's really just coming down to personal preference.

BTW, I'm currently using either Lampizator Level 4 or PS Audio Directstream Jr. into Cavalli Liquid Gold. Someday I'd like to get a nice tube amp to complement the Cavalli.

Dec 15, 2016 at 12:24 PM Post #1,957 of 3,927
  I listen to a broad range of music, but especially classical - orchestral, chamber, etc.  I do agree with you that they T1's do well with classical.  But I don't find them to be as work as well for some other genre's.  The 800S is more versatile for me in that respect. Even though both headphones can have some annoying peaks in the high end I find that I have more trouble with the T1 than the 800S.  It's really just coming down to personal preference.

BTW, I'm currently using either Lampizator Level 4 or PS Audio Directstream Jr. into Cavalli Liquid Gold. Someday I'd like to get a nice tube amp to complement the Cavalli.

But the T1 2nd version doesn't have annoying peaks in the highs (trust me that I'm very sensitive to harsh highs). Are you sure you own the 2nd version, or do  you have the first version (which I've heard does have those annoying peaks in the highs)? I own the second version. 

Dec 15, 2016 at 12:48 PM Post #1,959 of 3,927

Feliks-Audio Elise sounds perfect for me with Classical and T1g2.

Dec 15, 2016 at 1:36 PM Post #1,961 of 3,927

That could be it, the Bottlehead Crack with mullard tubes does a great job in diminuishing the harshness which for me is completely absent now in classical works, not so much in stuff with a lot of cymbals like electric jazz or whatever is it called.

Dec 15, 2016 at 11:31 PM Post #1,962 of 3,927
Hello guys

How does t1 2gen sound with pop(female vocal)/rock music?

Saw lots of reviews said that t1 2gen improve the treble which makes t1 1gen too bright.

T1 1gen is too bright and the bass is a bit less which I think isn't very suitable for pop/rock for me.(I did see some review said that t1 is good at pop, maybe that's personal preference)

Is t1.2 improve the bass/treble problem?

Dec 16, 2016 at 5:27 PM Post #1,963 of 3,927
  Hello guys

How does t1 2gen sound with pop(female vocal)/rock music?

Saw lots of reviews said that t1 2gen improve the treble which makes t1 1gen too bright.

T1 1gen is too bright and the bass is a bit less which I think isn't very suitable for pop/rock for me.(I did see some review said that t1 is good at pop, maybe that's personal preference)

Is t1.2 improve the bass/treble problem?

Both T1.1 and T1.2 sound great with pop, and the bass is excellent in both versions IMO. Whether or not the T1.1 is too bright is going to depend mostly on what amp you're using. With a bright amp, T1.1 will definitely sound too bright. With a warm amp, I find that T1.1 is just perfect. The amp really makes a huge difference.

Dec 16, 2016 at 9:13 PM Post #1,964 of 3,927
Can't agree more! I auditioned t1 2gen last year pairing with onix dac25b which is a very warm DAC/amp and t1 sounded too warm for me.

But my amp is susy dynahi which is a neutral amp, is it possible to adjust my system with DAC and cables?(I mean, will DAC and cables make a huge difference?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back