New Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation)
Jul 31, 2016 at 9:48 PM Post #1,681 of 3,911
  Sorry folks...a little late on this.  For those interested my review of the Feliks Audio Espressivo is here.  I enjoyed it thoroughly and it certainly is a great match with the T1, 

Hey, thanks for the review. I'm considering buying it. I'm currently using Lehmann linear cube amplifier for my T1.2, how does it compare to that? Better or just different?

Jul 31, 2016 at 11:27 PM Post #1,682 of 3,911
  Hey, thanks for the review. I'm considering buying it. I'm currently using Lehmann linear cube amplifier for my T1.2, how does it compare to that? Better or just different?

I haven't heard the LLC myself, but from what I understand it is quite neutral.  The Espressivo is more musical, being slightly v-shaped with its slight bass and treble emphasis. From a technical standpoint, it won't be better.  It's specs are worse.  But as before, this is meant to be a musical tube amplifier. Since the T1.2 has added bass -the main question is whether you are happy with its current response. If you're coming from the T1.1 and feel that the 1.2's boost is the limit of what you can take, then the Espressivo may not work.  But if you feel that the T1 is restrained at times, trust me the Espressivo will free it up.    Hope this helps!

Aug 5, 2016 at 1:18 AM Post #1,683 of 3,911
Beyers have their own distinct sound. I, personally, haven't heard a set that sounded better.

Aug 5, 2016 at 4:38 AM Post #1,684 of 3,911
Beyers have their own distinct sound. I, personally, haven't heard a set that sounded better.

Beyer is really quite underrated these days, but I still feel it is simply great. Surely it is not as immediately striking as many of its new competitors, but over extended periods of listening it represents to me what would be a perfect mix of resolution and musicality.

Aug 5, 2016 at 4:33 PM Post #1,685 of 3,911

To be honest, I have heard better. But not by much, and certainly no where as easily or inexpensively as I've gotten top performance out of the Beyer T1.2s.... It takes a more expensive headphone, driven by higher-end components in order to out do the T1.2s connected to a decent, inexpensive player/amp. Think 1 & 1/2 to 2Xs more than the cost of the setup for T1.2s in order to beat them!

Definite lesson in diminishing returns!

Aug 5, 2016 at 6:44 PM Post #1,686 of 3,911
I'm not one for brand loyalty in any respect and my audio equipment is a huge mix of sizes, shapes, colours and manufacturers but as far as headphones are concerned it's been a while since I listened to anything other than Beyerdynamic.

Aug 5, 2016 at 7:11 PM Post #1,687 of 3,911
I'm not one for brand loyalty in any respect and my audio equipment is a huge mix of sizes, shapes, colours and manufacturers but as far as headphones are concerned it's been a while since I listened to anything other than Beyerdynamic.

It's got an excellent easy listening signature that works great for many genres. Excellent all rounder.

Aug 5, 2016 at 7:11 PM Post #1,688 of 3,911

I'll second that. T1/T5P/DT1350 and I have all bases covered. I fancy both the Elear and the Ether Flow but it wouldn't surprise me if they aren't any better than a well amped T1 gen 2 from a balanced amp.

Aug 6, 2016 at 8:17 PM Post #1,690 of 3,911

Time to step out into the light, many great offerings mate. I have close to zero brand loyalty, I want to try all kinds of flavours. For the poster asking about T1.2 or TH 610, both great, but it comes down to open or closed preferences as both sound signatures are excellent (based on reading, I have only had the TH 600 and heard the T1.1 several times). I prefer solid bass and will sacrifice neutrality for a little impact, even if it costs me a tiny bit of clarity. Thin and clear bass puts me to sleep (not saying the T1.2 has thin bass, the T1 was a little bass light for my tastes).

Aug 6, 2016 at 8:57 PM Post #1,691 of 3,911
Which closed-back Beyer would you say is closest to T1.2's sound signature?

Aug 8, 2016 at 7:22 PM Post #1,694 of 3,911
  I have the T-1 first and the T-5 second; now is it worth my money to buy the new T-1 second Gen.? Is there really that much difference between the T-1 first and the new?  I am not real impressed with the T-5 second. Any help will be appreciated.

That is REALLY subjective...

I can tell you that I pitted them against each other and the HD-800.  My wife and I both liked the HD-800 better than the T-1 first.  Not a night and day difference, just bigger soundstage, and better handling of the highs with the HD-800 I think were our major deciding factors.   Now the T-1 second gen was still not as big soundstage wise, (It's still plenty big and FULL) but handled the highs much better to our ears than either the T-1 first or the HD-800.  It is currently my favorite headphone, even over the HD-800S and HE400i or 500.

The ORIGINAL T1                                                                The T1 second-gen that replaces it

Both are EXCELLENT headphones, and to be sure, if I had never heard them back-to-back, I would have been content with the first gen pair...   But to our ears, the second gens sound better.

Aug 8, 2016 at 8:34 PM Post #1,695 of 3,911
I have the T-1 first and the T-5 second; now is it worth my money to buy the new T-1 second Gen.? Is there really that much difference between the T-1 first and the new?  I am not real impressed with the T-5 second. Any help will be appreciated.
IMHO, not worth it. The new Focal Elear is getting great press from Tyll at Innerfidelity. Similarly priced too.
http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/enter-next-generation

Users who are viewing this thread

Back