New Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation)
Jul 12, 2016 at 5:24 PM Post #1,606 of 3,924

Yeah, well the thing is that if you smooth up the sound to a point where a shouty recordings sounds great, then great recordings will sound dark and/or overly soft.
But that's how audio works. Same would apply to T1 vs something like HD650. In the end it's always nice to have a bunch of headphones or amps to pick the ones that make the sound more pleasing in each situation.

Indeed it does lose a bit of that edge that makes the recording interesting to listen to.  Depends on what degree the sound is glossed over.

Jul 13, 2016 at 3:42 AM Post #1,607 of 3,924

Yeah, well the thing is that if you smooth up the sound to a point where a shouty recordings sounds great, then great recordings will sound dark and/or overly soft.
But that's how audio works. Same would apply to T1 vs something like HD650. In the end it's always nice to have a bunch of headphones or amps to pick the ones that make the sound more pleasing in each situation.

i totally agree! but as personal matter of taste i would prefer a system that is neutral and/or minimal coloration with the sound. this way i can hear how it was recorded though some can really have the worse mastering but i think this is also the part in where we can distinguish which is audiophile and/or music lover. being in this hobby, we oftentimes forget to appreciate the music itself, the efforts on the singer, musicians, sound engineers etc. and tend to overly concentrate on how does it sound with our gears. personally, i can tolerate worse recordings as long as it is a nice song and/or no hi-res copy is available. :)

Jul 13, 2016 at 4:24 AM Post #1,609 of 3,924

i totally agree! but as personal matter of taste i would prefer a system that is neutral and/or minimal coloration with the sound. this way i can hear how it was recorded though some can really have the worse mastering but i think this is also the part in where we can distinguish which is audiophile and/or music lover. being in this hobby, we oftentimes forget to appreciate the music itself, the efforts on the singer, musicians, sound engineers etc. and tend to overly concentrate on how does it sound with our gears. personally, i can tolerate worse recordings as long as it is a nice song and/or no hi-res copy is available. :)

In the big scheme of things, I agree. I tend to prefer neutralish audio reproduction as well.
Strictly speaking it's not that clear what minimal coloration means when we are talking about audio through headphones.
What's your take on T1 v2 sound signature? Do you find it neutral?

Jul 13, 2016 at 6:44 AM Post #1,610 of 3,924

In the big scheme of things, I agree. I tend to prefer neutralish audio reproduction as well.
Strictly speaking it's not that clear what minimal coloration means when we are talking about audio through headphones.
What's your take on T1 v2 sound signature? Do you find it neutral?

Minimal coloration - i refer this to the statement that from overly shouty sound it was smoothed out by the WA6 which very common for tube amplification.

For me i find the T1.2 neutral but in north of bright. The Bass is fine with me, the midrange is also fine for me but since it is in the neutral north of bright it tends to be shouty at high volumes and sibilant in poorly mastered recordings.

Jul 13, 2016 at 1:59 PM Post #1,611 of 3,924
Jul 13, 2016 at 9:34 PM Post #1,612 of 3,924

Minimal coloration - i refer this to the statement that from overly shouty sound it was smoothed out by the WA6 which very common for tube amplification.

For me i find the T1.2 neutral but in north of bright. The Bass is fine with me, the midrange is also fine for me but since it is in the neutral north of bright it tends to be shouty at high volumes and sibilant in poorly mastered recordings.

What amp/DAC/source are you using? Just curious.

Jul 14, 2016 at 2:28 AM Post #1,614 of 3,924
  What amp/DAC/source are you using? Just curious.

Hi Sir.

I am using the following:

macbook pro (ROON) > Audioquest Evergreen USB >Musical Fidelity VLink > Monster Coaxial Cable > Musical Fidelity VDACII (powered by Musical Fidelity VPSU) > Audioquest Big Sur > Burson Soloist SL MKI > Beyerdynamic T1.2 (stock headphone cables) and SHURE SRH 1840 (changed with generic Furukawa Silver Cables)

:)

Jul 14, 2016 at 2:59 PM Post #1,615 of 3,924
Looking for a solid state amp recommends for the t1. 2 from experienced t1 users. I have a gen 1 modi/Magni right. I would like to upgrade the Magni to something that lets the t1 shine a bit more, for under $700. Anything that comes to mind? I would go for an amp/dac combo for less than $1000 if that fit the bill better.

Jul 14, 2016 at 3:54 PM Post #1,616 of 3,924
Looking for a solid state amp recommends for the t1. 2 from experienced t1 users. I have a gen 1 modi/Magni right. I would like to upgrade the Magni to something that lets the t1 shine a bit more, for under $700. Anything that comes to mind? I would go for an amp/dac combo for less than $1000 if that fit the bill better.

Burson Soloist perhaps? hehe. i am sorry i have only tried the Burson Soloist SL MKI and for me it sounds great for the price.

though this set amp is a tad bright (for some) and if you are on the other side of the spectrum maybe you can try some tube amps like the WA6.

:)

Jul 14, 2016 at 8:14 PM Post #1,618 of 3,924
Can anyone vouch for the t1 with the violectric V100 or any other violectric/Lake people dac/amps in that price range?

Jul 15, 2016 at 1:59 AM Post #1,620 of 3,924
+1 for V200.
If it is out of your price limit,  think about a used one.
Usually easy available in a good condition.
Some upgraded from V200 to V281. 

If T1.2 is you only headphone the Beyerdynamc A20 is a good option too.

Cobold

Users who are viewing this thread

Back