New Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation)
Jul 11, 2016 at 4:21 PM Post #1,591 of 3,911
How did this sound on your set up Sir? :)

Pretty daring good. The combination of lifelike vocal presence and deep, solid piano notes is what I really enjoyed :)

Jul 11, 2016 at 6:32 PM Post #1,593 of 3,911
Firstly listened to the Sara Barielles from my PC Foobar wasapi to my Fubar HD and sounded good on my T1.2's. Then i listened on my AKG K7xx and actually preferred the wider soundstage. Then I switched to my Little Dot MkII with voskhod tubes and the T1's really shone. I detected no sibilance but at one point her voice goes so high and maybe too close to the microphone so it has a slight breakup for a micro second

Jul 12, 2016 at 12:49 AM Post #1,594 of 3,911
Pretty daring good. The combination of lifelike vocal presence and deep, solid piano notes is what I really enjoyed
smily_headphones1.gif

thank you on the evaluation Sir Vlach

Firstly listened to the Sara Barielles from my PC Foobar wasapi to my Fubar HD and sounded good on my T1.2's. Then i listened on my AKG K7xx and actually preferred the wider soundstage. Then I switched to my Little Dot MkII with voskhod tubes and the T1's really shone. I detected no sibilance but at one point her voice goes so high and maybe too close to the microphone so it has a slight breakup for a micro second

macbook pro > vlink II > vpsu> vdacII > Burson Soloist SL MKI(using high gain for T1.2) and using Chord Crimson Interconnect and Audioquest Evergreen USB Cable

- using this set up, i am really not sure if this particular set up is too revealing, yes it provides good details but at times it could leave some ringing in my ears and you are right, there are sibilance specially when Sara pronounced "Bennie and the Jetssssss"

but when i changed my interconnects with Audioquest Big Sur, in my perception, the sibilance was less and the midrange was brought upfront but without the "in your face sound" while still providing details.

I am happy with the effect of Audioquest Big Sur to my system, though not, night and day difference but it addresses all changes needed to sound better.

I am also planning to try tube amps on my T1.2

:)

Jul 12, 2016 at 1:20 AM Post #1,595 of 3,911
  Hi Guys!

Please kindly click on the link for the song that i would like to be the "reference material"

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArCEweUqCf9W6jkpGs_j_THzYQMv

This song is from Sara Bareilles (Love on the rocks/Bennie and the Jets) this is a pop song recorded live with piano and vocals only.

I will post my post findings a little bit later so that we can avoid a "pre conditioned" conclusion for the song.

I am currently using the following gears:

macbook pro > vlink II > vpsu> vdacII > Burson Soloist SL MKI(using high gain for T1.2) and using Chord Crimson Interconnect and Audioquest Evergreen USB Cable.

Thank you. :)

Not my preferred tonal balance. Despite the piano sounding well and the overall lively presentation, the voice is too forward and sibilant, shouty from time to time.
A more laid back version of the very same piece would be much more enjoyable to me.
I guess it would be a good match for a laid back and relatively dark headphone like the LCD-2

Jul 12, 2016 at 1:27 AM Post #1,596 of 3,911

Not my preferred tonal balance. Despite the piano sounding well and the overall lively presentation, the voice is too forward and sibilant, shouty from time to time.
A more laid back version of the very same piece would be much more enjoyable to me.
I guess it would be a good match for a laid back and relatively dark headphone like the LCD-2

i checked the Youtube video of that particular song and i observed that Sara is usually near the microphone thus making the sound forward and sibilant from time to time but i might also be wrong on that aspect, it could also be in the way the recording was mastered.

Jul 12, 2016 at 1:55 AM Post #1,598 of 3,911
Reminds me of Seal albums. The sibilance is off the charts
Not sure if it is the way he sings or the album recording/ mastering.

Hi Sir!

I have Seal album from HDTracks, the famous Kiss From a Rose was not that sibilant at all, though the mids was a tad forward and can tend to be shouty when played at high volumes.

Jul 12, 2016 at 5:20 AM Post #1,600 of 3,911
  Fresh out of the box, the Feliks Audio Espressivo is already doing good things. Early impressions - it's certainly a musical amp that can drive a very big sound on the T1.  Perhaps lacking a bit of bite in the highs.  I haven't heard the legendary Elise, but compared to the flagship iCan Pro it holds its own surprisingly well.

The Espressivo is a cracking amp for the money, excellent value for money. Get some Voskhod tubes and it works even better for very little money.
I am getting the Elise on loan from Feliks Audio and will report back, as I can borrow some T1 2nd Gens to use it with :)

Jul 12, 2016 at 5:56 AM Post #1,601 of 3,911

The Espressivo is a cracking amp for the money, excellent value for money. Get some Voskhod tubes and it works even better for very little money.
I am getting the Elise on loan from Feliks Audio and will report back, as I can borrow some T1 2nd Gens to use it with :)

Agreed, I've been given the 6n5p and the 6n1p-EW for testing too.  Haven't given those a try but I'll do it soon.

Jul 12, 2016 at 7:23 AM Post #1,602 of 3,911

Please update us with Elise impressions. i am also looking on this amp.

:)

Jul 12, 2016 at 4:19 PM Post #1,605 of 3,911
  okay.
I gave that a whirl.
Guess what?

All that "overly forward shouty" stuff got REALLY resolved, both v 1 and v  2, with the wa-6.

I rest my case.

biggrin.gif

Yeah, well the thing is that if you smooth up the sound to a point where a shouty recordings sounds great, then great recordings will sound dark and/or overly soft.
But that's how audio works. Same would apply to T1 vs something like HD650. In the end it's always nice to have a bunch of headphones or amps to pick the ones that make the sound more pleasing in each situation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back