New Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation)
Mar 23, 2016 at 9:58 PM Post #1,203 of 3,924
Can you be more specific? I have never heard a V200

Look up Violectric...

They are sort of legendary from what I have read....

Mar 23, 2016 at 10:21 PM Post #1,204 of 3,924

I guess just a slightly warm sounding, high power solid state amp.  
Plenty of room to get lots of volume out of a 600 ohm T1 without needing to talk about balanced cables... 
deadhorse.gif

In general quite well known around here as a fantastic pairing with the 'brighter' dynamic cans (HD800, T1, etc)

Mar 23, 2016 at 10:54 PM Post #1,205 of 3,924
   I guess just a slightly warm sounding, high power solid state amp.  
Plenty of room to get lots of volume out of a 600 ohm T1 without needing to talk about balanced cables... 
deadhorse.gif

In general quite well known around here as a fantastic pairing with the 'brighter' dynamic cans (HD800, T1, etc)

+1

This, the OPPO HA-1, and the iFi iCAN PRO are the main reasons why I am getting balanced cables for my T1 v2s...  Haven't decided on getting ones for the HD-650 or HD-800 yet, but I may as well.

Mar 24, 2016 at 5:21 AM Post #1,206 of 3,924

Generally speaking it is a pure engineering with slight touch of audiophile propaganda :)
What I can say, it is indeed a pure power, excellent control of bass tones. Precision in positioning and layering the sound. The scene size is nod the biggest I've ever heard but it is very well defined. Very good choice for a SS amp. It is powerful and can drive many headphones easily. Very very solid build. Completely dead silent in background.

Mar 24, 2016 at 12:30 PM Post #1,208 of 3,924
Since this post is filled with fans of the T1.2, perhaps it is the right place to seek advice. 

I am amazed at the beauty and clarity of my music via Mojo and the T1.2   Quiet listening is revealing detail previously unheard.  

Since the T1.2 is my reference point, is there any in ears that come close to the T1 that fans of the T1 are comfortable recommending?   I'd like to come close to what I love in the T1s with something for walking, in particular.  I have walked with the T1, but as the weather gets warmer, it is not practical.  

A few recommendations would be helpful.  I've looked at Sennheiser IE 80...anyone like these?  

Thank you in advance!  

Mar 24, 2016 at 1:14 PM Post #1,210 of 3,924
  Since this post is filled with fans of the T1.2, perhaps it is the right place to seek advice. 

I am amazed at the beauty and clarity of my music via Mojo and the T1.2   Quiet listening is revealing detail previously unheard.  

Since the T1.2 is my reference point, is there any in ears that come close to the T1 that fans of the T1 are comfortable recommending?   I'd like to come close to what I love in the T1s with something for walking, in particular.  I have walked with the T1, but as the weather gets warmer, it is not practical.  

A few recommendations would be helpful.  I've looked at Sennheiser IE 80...anyone like these?  

Thank you in advance!  

I'd go Shure SE845, heard them and like them.

Mar 24, 2016 at 5:29 PM Post #1,213 of 3,924

Thank you in advance!  

I both own the T1 an the Sennheiser IE 80, my two favorite headphones for at home and on the go. Both are very resolving and musical. So if you like the T1 chances are you like the IE80, required you get a good fit in ear, but the IE ships with plenty of different type/size ear tips.

Mar 24, 2016 at 7:14 PM Post #1,214 of 3,924

I both own the T1 an the Sennheiser IE 80, my two favorite headphones for at home and on the go. Both are very resolving and musical. So if you like the T1 chances are you like the IE80, required you get a good fit in ear, but the IE ships with plenty of different type/size ear tips.

Thank you, roamling and synthax; I will look into both.  

The quote above is precisely what I was looking for:  "if you love the T1, you will like..."   

I have read lots of reviews on the IE 80 (and see knock offs at eBay!) which are strong and will look into Shure 845. 

thank you, both--Amazon Prime often has open box warehouse deals and 30 days to return; reducing risk.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back