New Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation)
Nov 10, 2015 at 12:42 PM Post #692 of 3,925
Probably the most affordable audiophile grade headphone cable with OCC 7N copper conductors in the market. The material cost is actually higher than with silver(!) plated OFC.

True! Cable is also roughly a tenth of the manufacturing cost.

hehe Beyer Reps on the ball here!

I can appreciate a good cable, we also have a Manufactors warrenty with that as well I'd imagine. An if you guys are supporting this cable for it's entire un moddified life, that would really be where the purchase is worth while. I've had some nice DIY cables made for me, an they are GORGEOUS, but my source doesn't have the time or dedicated stock to fix the cable if something does happen

Either way, I'd really love to see Beyer Offer a T2 with the 4pin XLR included or an option to bundle the two together. Spending [for example] $1000 on the headphone with the 4pin xlr, vs $900 without it, the extra hundred is a little less... jarring or discouraging, considering your already spending the larger amount up front

Where as, buying the cable after the fact, then the $100 or so for JUST the cable... seems less jusitifed given the competition that exists 

either way, I've owned or rather Purchased cables from Frank at Toxic, an they looked an sounded as good as avertised [an those aren't cheap] so if Beyer can manufacture on his level [from teh specs it seems they are] at that price. Really that's not bad 

Nov 10, 2015 at 1:51 PM Post #693 of 3,925
Nov 10, 2015 at 9:26 PM Post #695 of 3,925
Probably the most affordable audiophile grade headphone cable with OCC 7N copper conductors in the market. The material cost is actually higher than with silver(!) plated OFC.

Thanks for letting us know. But at this price, I'll pass. Cutting the cord in half and soldering a $5 jack would be best. I won't need a 3 mt cable anyway.. 

Nov 10, 2015 at 11:48 PM Post #696 of 3,925
The telsa of magnetic flux density for the T1 Gen 2 is still over 1 like before with the Gen 1, right?

Yeah, not that it makes a difference in any meaningful way.

Really wish people would get over the whole cable material fetish. Can't say I'm thrilled about 10-15% of the cost of a headphone going into a cable for no audible benefit.

Nov 11, 2015 at 12:38 AM Post #697 of 3,925

Yeah, not that it makes a difference in any meaningful way.

Really wish people would get over the whole cable material fetish. Can't say I'm thrilled about 10-15% of the cost of a headphone going into a cable for no audible benefit.

I agree. I think the only few things that they could do to cables that would be beneficial could be: shielding, an adequate strength and thickness to the cable, a softer touch (or braiding) to reduce cable microphonics (while quite small this one is actual sound/noise that could distort/disrupt your listening experience, at least in comparison with OFC vs OCC, silver, etc.), and some basic reinforcement to the connectors and gold plating. Maybe factor some stuff for aesthetics and you should have a cable that should sell for $20 dollars max, why any other changes are made and why they sell for so much is really beyond me. I mean with $100 dollars I can buy some really nice --- earpads (which are also overpriced in my opinion, I mean I could literally buy a 3" thick queen sized gel memory foam mattress with that kind of money). 

Nov 11, 2015 at 4:05 AM Post #698 of 3,925
  I agree. I think the only few things that they could do to cables that would be beneficial could be: shielding, an adequate strength and thickness to the cable, a softer touch (or braiding) to reduce cable microphonics (while quite small this one is actual sound/noise that could distort/disrupt your listening experience, at least in comparison with OFC vs OCC, silver, etc.), and some basic reinforcement to the connectors and gold plating. Maybe factor some stuff for aesthetics and you should have a cable that should sell for $20 dollars max, why any other changes are made and why they sell for so much is really beyond me. I mean with $100 dollars I can buy some really nice --- earpads (which are also overpriced in my opinion, I mean I could literally buy a 3" thick queen sized gel memory foam mattress with that kind of money). 

I'd say the gen 2 cable met all those requirements. The only thing that might be worth improving is flexibility. Other than that, I really liked the aluminum plugs, textile sleeve, etc.

Nov 11, 2015 at 4:29 AM Post #699 of 3,925

I'd say the gen 2 cable met all those requirements. The only thing that might be worth improving is flexibility. Other than that, I really liked the aluminum plugs, textile sleeve, etc.

Yup, but it definently killed my $20 price tag limit :) beyer really shouldn't have gone with OCC, it was very unnecessary and expensive.

Nov 11, 2015 at 4:37 AM Post #700 of 3,925

Thanks for saying this. We put high efforts in finding a good solution and are happy, if somebody appreciates the outcome.
Let me add that flexibility doesn't go too well with electrical screen and mechanical (in this case also electrical) robustness. We prioritized accordingly and believe, that the T 1 (2. Generation) cable is still far from being stiff.

Nov 11, 2015 at 12:47 PM Post #701 of 3,925
Nov 11, 2015 at 8:17 PM Post #702 of 3,925
Wow, I'm impressed with these, quite an improvement from the original, running off of my Kenzie Tube Amp!  Soundstage is huge in comparison, I haven't even tried my aftermarket cables yet.  The sockets are too deep for any 3.5 mm connectors I have seen.  Getting great bass, vocals and instruments that appear from a really black background......YUMMY!

Nov 11, 2015 at 10:42 PM Post #704 of 3,925

Can someone with the T1 Gen 2 post the cable wiring for single ended cable?  Thanks!

I've never routed a cable through the T1 headband before, but I have taken one apart.

With the headband that it has I think that that would be a rather difficult project. You'd either have to cut it at one of the seems and stitch it back once you route the cable through. Or you could try pulling off the cushion from the metal band after you take it out of the sliding kit (it works kind of like trying to undue a zip tie) and then trying to pull the cable through the cushion and slide it back on, but you could end up breaking the tabs inside the slide kit in the process (that's what happened to me). You could always opt to get a to different headband entirely since that's a lot easier. In any case, once you do one of those three options then it's just a matter of drilling holes in the cups to slide your cable through, and soldering each wire to the right contact points.

Nov 12, 2015 at 12:59 AM Post #705 of 3,925
mmm.......when will the short cable be available at retail? I'd love to have that cable. Needed asap.

They are already available on our website and from stock. Ask your local distributor to get you one. (Find distributor on our website)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back