New Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation)
Oct 14, 2015 at 9:03 AM Post #481 of 3,924
  TommiK, that's the first Walter Benjamin reference on Head-fi, I believe. Congrats!

Thanks Klaus! I actually made reference to you once or twice in my review and used your Head-Fi posts as a primary source while researching. I'm wondering what your take is (as a product manager) on developing the T1 from a non-technical perspective? What kind of things do you think make a Beyer a Beyer? Brand identity and sonic profile are important, but what are the intangible things that go into making a pair of headphones (in designing form, marketing, tuning, etc)  (full disclosure, I was also..umm...."inspired" by your name for another video)

Oct 14, 2015 at 11:07 AM Post #482 of 3,924
  Thanks Klaus! I actually made reference to you once or twice in my review and used your Head-Fi posts as a primary source while researching. I'm wondering what your take is (as a product manager) on developing the T1 from a non-technical perspective? What kind of things do you think make a Beyer a Beyer? Brand identity and sonic profile are important, but what are the intangible things that go into making a pair of headphones (in designing form, marketing, tuning, etc)  (full disclosure, I was also..umm...."inspired" by your name for another video)

Haha, you are one funny guy. To make it look even more German(ic), you could write it "Klaüß".
Great video and a rare example of coverage about the ET 1000.

If you are looking for tons of more vintage beyer footage, you can find it under http://www.generationaudio.com/. (Might take two attempts until it's completely loaded.)
Have fun with it!

Oct 14, 2015 at 11:30 AM Post #483 of 3,924
mmm.......just got my T1.2 a couple of hours ago,  after wading through the most hellish car traffic in the world! Rush-hour EDSA! Also, finally bagged an Ortofon EQ8 and Vorzuge Pure II + after months of searching, thanks to my favorite headfi drug dealer. Talk about made-for-each-other. Headfonia's Nathan is absolutely spot on with this combo.

Also, got to listen to this new <redacted>. All I can say is it is a <redacted>  wonder! It's going to be a hot product.   Woof!  Lol! Back to the T1.2. My favorite headfi drug dealer and I  A/B'ed the T1 and T1.2. He prefers the T1 (better treble specially with female vocals/more details) while I prefer the T1.2 (better bass, slight loss of details). We hooked it up through the Mezzo Soprano AK 120 + Chord QBD76 + Cypher Labs Sustain 76. I'm very happy with the T1.2.

Oct 14, 2015 at 2:59 PM Post #484 of 3,924
If you are looking for tons of more vintage beyer footage, you can find it under http://www.generationaudio.com/. (Might take two attempts until it's completely loaded.) Have fun with it!

Great link. TY. Considering posting my own story 
beyersmile.png

Oct 14, 2015 at 3:04 PM Post #485 of 3,924
I have been using the T1 v2 for two weeks now and I am very pleased with them. I never quite liked the previous version, the treble was too hot and it was lacking a bit of visceral impact on the low end. The changes between the two versions have been described as subtle by some. I can't say this is wrong but to me they make a world of difference. The T1 v2 is very resolving and detailed, the imaging feels absolutely right. Best of all, I no longer have ringing ears after using them for a couple of hours. I compared them to my friends (unmodified) HD800 and prefer the T1 v2 - it simply feels more engaging and natural to me. But from what I read a modified HD800 might also be to my linking.

I really like that Beyerdynamic did not chose to increase the price of the new version and actually decreased it (at least in most markets). But if I see how many people talk about flagships (HE1000 or LCD4) - even if it is mainly about pricing - and how comparably little talk there is about the T1 v2 I wonder if this was the best decision from a purely marketing perspective. As a consumer I highly appreciate it.

I am willing to bet that Beyerdynamic sells more T1's than Audeze or HiFiman sells of it's respective cans. Don't let the marketing and hype machine on forums such as these persuade you otherwise. It's all very calculated, and likely not indicative of the bigger picture. It's why I really think all audio products should be reviewed and compared blind tested. Audio experts all too often sell this notion that higher prices equal better sonic performance, but that is not always the reality. Far from it.

Oct 14, 2015 at 3:28 PM Post #486 of 3,924
Headfi seems to have caught a vicious price inflation virus. I'm appreciative of Beyer keeping prices almost reasonable - I mean, the T1 seemed like a lot of money to me when I bought it a couple of years ago, and now it's the cheapest flagship!!

Oct 15, 2015 at 3:58 AM Post #487 of 3,924
Headfi seems to have caught a vicious price inflation virus. I'm appreciative of Beyer keeping prices almost reasonable - I mean, the T1 seemed like a lot of money to me when I bought it a couple of years ago, and now it's the cheapest flagship!!

Yes, like my feeling. Its a good move from Beyer not to go the "we sell our kidneys for golden ears". :) So i consider to look in the new T1 2nd. In the long run, i think Beyer collect more money from me. :) I hope the new T1 plays also well with my A20.

Oct 15, 2015 at 1:14 PM Post #489 of 3,924
mmm......pricing it sensibly is quite understandable since the T1.2, per my understanding, is not a new headphone but an old one with new tuning. It is like a favorite song that's been remastered to sound better. For Beyer to price it higher than the T1 would be inexcusible since Beyer has, in all likelihood, recouped their investment in developing the T1 a long time ago.

BTT, I'm very happy with the T1.2 but I need to recable it to a shorter length. Any reco? Nothing too expensive.

Oct 15, 2015 at 1:17 PM Post #490 of 3,924
mmm......pricing it sensibly is quite understandable since the T1.2, per my understanding, is not a new headphone but an old one with new tuning. It is like a favorite song that's been remastered to sound better. For Beyer to price it higher than the T1 would be inexcusible since Beyer has, in all likelihood, recouped their investment in developing the T1 a long time ago.

BTT, I'm very happy with the T1.2 but I need to recable it to a shorter length. Any reco? Nothing too expensive.
Talking about cable. Does it tangle?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back