New Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation)
Mar 22, 2018 at 6:30 AM Post #2,461 of 3,924
560EUR is a really good price but I see here 999$:

t1black.jpg

@Scutey It seems these guys know about some good offer for T1.2 black edition.
Thanks for the info OH , I'll check it out! .

Mar 22, 2018 at 9:04 AM Post #2,463 of 3,924
Thanks, they are a lot smoother than expected. I was expecting them to sound similar to the T5P V2's that I had but these are much more musical and enjoyable. Plus the color combination is killer.

I love that color too.
Maybe you will experience that they are more musical than Utopia too.
... and for that price a real steal.

Mar 23, 2018 at 2:32 AM Post #2,464 of 3,924
I love that color too.
Maybe you will experience that they are more musical than Utopia too.
... and for that price a real steal.
The Utopia's are just in another league, unfortunately. If there's any flaw with the Utopia's it's that they are too revealing. Complex passages are imaged and separated with ease on the Utopia's. I know people complain about the small soundstage with the Utopias but it's okay with me. The Utopia's have better instrument separation, better treble definition, better imaging, bass is more authoritative and punchy. But the T1.2's bass is deeper, hits hard, and there's more of it but it's not as defined as it is on the Utopia. The T1.2's are warmer sounding and when I want to relax and just enjoy the music the T1.2's are a good listen. So they both have their purpose in my collection. Which headphone I choose to listen too is mood dependent. But the T1.2's are here to stay.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2018 at 3:55 AM Post #2,465 of 3,924
The Utopia's are just in another league, unfortunately. If there's any flaw with the Utopia's it's that they are too revealing. Complex passages are imaged and separated with ease on the Utopia's. I know people complain about the small soundstage with the Utopias but it's okay with me. The T1.2's in comparison with the Utopia's have better instrument separation, better treble definition, better imaging, bass is more authoritative and punchy. But the T1.2's bass is deeper, hits hard, and there's more of it but it's not as defined as it is on the Utopia. The T1.2's are warmer sounding and when I want to relax and just enjoy the music the T1.2's are a good listen. So they both have their purpose in my collection. Which headphone I choose to listen too is mood dependent. But the T1.2's are here to stay.

Thank you for your detailed description of your impression.
To my ears Utopia sounds technical very correct but not natural or involving. Just listen to natural instruments.
I very much like the precision and the slam of these cans which makes them fun for some kinds of music. I wanted to like them so I tried them a few times.
I think they are clearly in another league than Elear and Clear but not than T1..2 which I also find not perfect.

Mar 23, 2018 at 4:25 AM Post #2,466 of 3,924
...The T1.2's in comparison with the Utopia's have better instrument separation, better treble definition, better imaging, bass is more authoritative and punchy. But the T1.2's bass is deeper, hits hard, and there's more of it but it's not as defined as it is on the Utopia...

So in your first sentence are you describing T1.2 or Utopia? The first sentence is written as you would be describing T1.2 but then you start another sentence from "But" and relate to bass again which you just finished describing in previous sentence suggesting that in fact you were describing Utopia not T1.2 in the first sentence.

Could you clarify?

Thank you for your detailed description of your impression.
To my ears Utopia sounds technical very correct but not natural or involving. Just listen to natural instruments.
I very much like the precision and the slam of these cans which makes them fun for some kinds of music. I wanted to like them so I tried them a few times.
I think they are clearly in another league than Elear and Clear but not than T1..2 which I also find not perfect.

Again I have no clue what did you mean when you relate T1.2 to Utopia and Elear and Clear.

Could you clarify?

Mar 23, 2018 at 4:53 AM Post #2,467 of 3,924
So in your first sentence are you describing T1.2 or Utopia? The first sentence is written as you would be describing T1.2 but then you start another sentence from "But" and relate to bass again which you just finished describing in previous sentence suggesting that in fact you were describing Utopia not T1.2 in the first sentence.

Could you clarify?
I'm describing the Utopia's initially. I just did a quick edit. Thanks for pointing that out.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2018 at 5:26 AM Post #2,469 of 3,924
Thank you guys for the clarifications and comparisons in the first place. Much appreciated.

Mar 23, 2018 at 9:59 AM Post #2,471 of 3,924
Listening to Paramore's album Riot! on the T1 2nd Gen today, out of my topping A30 amp with an Atlas Zeno cable.... I still have a huge soft spot for these headphones, they just handle anything you throw at them with such ease and grace, such a detailed yet effortless sound that is tight and controlled.

They are a highly enjoyable listen, of course they do better with my other amps, I might take them home for the weekend and try them with my Keces S3 in balanced mode (my atlas cable is balanced and I can switch between these and my HiFiMan HE-500 as they both use 3.5mm jacks)

Mar 23, 2018 at 10:29 AM Post #2,472 of 3,924
Mar 23, 2018 at 11:30 AM Post #2,473 of 3,924
I see you also have the HD 800S, what are your thoughts on how the compare to the Beyer T1-2 ?
I haven’t done any side by side comparisons with the two of them yet but I plan too. I’ve been listening to the T1.2’s with my Hugo 2 that I just received last week and the pairing is outstanding. I can’t believe how easy to drive these are despite being 600 ohms. My HD800 has a balanced connection cable on it currently but I can switch it out and put the 1/4” cable on. That way I plug them both into my Pro iCan at the same time with the same termination. I’ll check back in with brief summary soon.

Mar 23, 2018 at 1:23 PM Post #2,474 of 3,924
I haven’t done any side by side comparisons with the two of them yet but I plan too. I’ve been listening to the T1.2’s with my Hugo 2 that I just received last week and the pairing is outstanding. I can’t believe how easy to drive these are despite being 600 ohms. My HD800 has a balanced connection cable on it currently but I can switch it out and put the 1/4” cable on. That way I plug them both into my Pro iCan at the same time with the same termination. I’ll check back in with brief summary soon.
Thank You, I will keep a eye on this thread for your comparisons.

Mar 23, 2018 at 1:31 PM Post #2,475 of 3,924
They are not so easy to drive.
I tried AK380. Forget it. I tried AK380 with Amp. Forget it.

Hugo 2 is a wonderful DAC and very good amp.
A really good team with T1.2.
Not because T1.2 is so easy to drive but because H2 is so great.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back