New Beats Headphones, the "Executive"
Nov 16, 2011 at 12:09 AM Post #16 of 117
i admit, they're real lookers but beats are really too bassy for most "audiophiles" tastes

Nov 16, 2011 at 12:22 AM Post #17 of 117

Quote:
i admit, they're real lookers but beats are really too bassy for most "audiophiles" tastes

Well for me its not the bassy part that bothers me it is the rest of the signature.  I have a Panasonic HTF600-S I bought for $30 that have more of a proper bass heavy sound than the beats as you can listen to more than just Hip hop or RnB on them but cost X10 less...

Nov 16, 2011 at 1:28 AM Post #18 of 117

Quote:
They do look amazing, but it's unfortunate that what clockmaker said. Anything with the beats logo on it sounds horrible. I don't get how can a company who produces the turbine series could actually produce a beats series with such a crappy audio quality... I'd really hope they improve the sound quality (by a huge margin) for this though... 

Either way, there's too much beats variation in the market, think monster is wasting away their money on useless R&D.

Doubt they spend anything on R&D. If they did they'd fix up their headphones, but the point is they don't need to with the success of the Beats line.

Nov 16, 2011 at 3:06 AM Post #20 of 117
Well, they clearly show that they have the ability, the Turbines are actually pretty good.  But honestly, seeing as how they can sell a pair of headphones that costs them less than $30 to make for like $250, there isn't any point, from a purely business perspective.  They make a killing, and so do all of the distributors...

Nov 16, 2011 at 5:13 AM Post #22 of 117
Honestly, when I first started looking for better headphones, I was checking out the beats first. When I tried them out in a shop, I didn't like what I heard. That's what drove me to search online and find Head-fi. Now, I still don't like Beats, but I would like it if Monster produces a headphone that's worth it's price in sound and build. I welcome business competition, and I think the people who pay for beats should really get to hear how good their music can sound, and not believe that more bass = better sound quality

Nov 16, 2011 at 5:36 AM Post #23 of 117

Quote:
Honestly, when I first started looking for better headphones, I was checking out the beats first. When I tried them out in a shop, I didn't like what I heard. That's what drove me to search online and find Head-fi. Now, I still don't like Beats, but I would like it if Monster produces a headphone that's worth it's price in sound and build. I welcome business competition, and I think the people who pay for beats should really get to hear how good their music can sound, and not believe that more bass = better sound quality

Agreed. There are plenty of bass heavy phones that does sound right and then there are ones that does it wrong. Exe.. Pro700Mk2. Beats solo, JVC HA-M5X.  It is funny but I had 2 guys on my HTF600 thread that own the studios and one guy owned the pros and both liked the $30 HTF600 better. .The reason why? The other parts of the sound spectrum is not sacrificed for big bass..I think since kids have a tendency to listen to bass heavy music in general they all seek out the most bass heavy headphone thinking this is their gateway to audio bliss. Monster figured this out obviously. 

I would love to have my HTF600 next to a beats display at best buy just to let unknowing folks hear them to see which sound better to them. That would be a fun experiment.

Nov 16, 2011 at 5:45 AM Post #24 of 117
Except from the big "b" on the cups they're looking quite good in my opinion. Let's see if they have improved in sound quality either and where the price tag is set.
But even then I would prefer the established hifi brands, I guess.

Nov 16, 2011 at 5:51 AM Post #25 of 117
If these sound like a $400 phone. I would get one. That is the issue however. Do they sound like a $400 phone?.. Last time I checked you can get a Denon D5000 for around the same..

Hmmm Lets see a Denon D5000 or a Beats Executive..If you want to be hip you gotta get the Beats..If these new Executives have the SQ of a Denon D5000 now then it would be worth the price.

Nov 16, 2011 at 5:53 AM Post #26 of 117

Quote:
If these sound like a $400 phone. I would get one. That is the issue however. Do they sound like a $400 phone?.. Last time I checked you can get a Denon D5000 for around the same..

Hmmm Lets see a Denon D5000 or a Beats Executive..

Beats Executive would probably cost $600ish. They may be aimed at CEOs. 
biggrin.gif

Nov 16, 2011 at 5:59 AM Post #27 of 117

Quote:
I would love to have my HTF600 next to a beats display at best buy just to let unknowing folks hear them to see which sound better to them. That would be a fun experiment.

THIS. I would even pay a little to be able to do this experiment. haha Maybe XB500 too (but without that crappy test equipment that seem to cripple them a lot), these might actually do better than HTF600 cuz of the looks and big bass because many ppl interested in Beats is cuz of the strong bass... that may be like on an important scale 9 out of 10 for some.

Nov 16, 2011 at 6:12 AM Post #28 of 117

Quote:

THIS. I would even pay a little to be able to do this experiment. haha Maybe XB500 too (but without that crappy test equipment that seem to cripple them a lot), these might actually do better than HTF600 cuz of the looks and big bass because many ppl interested in Beats is cuz of the strong bass... that may be like on an important scale 9 out of 10 for some.

Ya but it would have to be done blind folded Obviously. I mean why stop there. We can throw in a few others.. Lets throw a Denon D2000 in the mix. Something what is worth equal value as a beats studio.. That would truly throw off the masses. Throw in a HFI-580.  In any case I eagerly await the inevitable review on these.. I do like the way they look...

Looks and material guessing around $200 sound maybe $50 and $150 to the Dre master.?  I am hoping maybe $200 in sound, just hoping

Nov 16, 2011 at 6:45 AM Post #29 of 117
To be honest, I feel there's a huge market waiting for that killer combination of marketing savvy ( which monster has done VERY well ), a well-built goodlooking product and stellar sound.

Monster has 2. Probably the more important two also, considering that the masses generally are hearing anything thats not iBuds for the first time so beats are already audio nirvana for them.

Nov 16, 2011 at 7:26 AM Post #30 of 117
Headphones that use batteries = F A I L

(least that's my simplistic view on things.

bigsmile_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back