NEW Bang & Olufsen Beoplay H95 ANC Headphones - Reviews & Impressions
Feb 18, 2023 at 2:40 AM Post #1,879 of 2,077
Not that I have noticed - it is always turned on....

From another discussion forum:

Wind noise reduction is specifically used when using the headphones for listening. It will turn down the outward-facing (feed-forward) ANC microphones when it detects noise from the wind so that you don’t hear it on top of your music.

Leaving the feature on all the time should have no adverse effect on sound or noise cancellation, most of the time. It does nothing when wind is not detected. It might be necessary to turn it off in some situations to maintain maximum noise cancellation, such as on the bus or in a car where it might inadvertently kick in (based on my experience), but you should be able to hear when this happens if this is the case for you.
Simply put it sounds like the ANC gets less effective for a few seconds and then improves again. In my experience this can happen when the bus hits a bump on the road, for example.

I did experience the above.

But for sake of being more sure, will actively monitor this in the coming few days.

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2023 at 3:23 PM Post #1,880 of 2,077
From another discussion forum:

I did experience the above.

But for sake of being more sure, will actively monitor this in the coming few days.
Just to add: When out and about, I often turn the ANC off. The wind noise reduction does not help that much when there is just moderate wind (as opposed to the H95, where it is better to my ears). So maybe I misunderstood your question in the first place.....

Feb 19, 2023 at 1:23 PM Post #1,882 of 2,077
Why turn off active noise cancelling when out and about?

Isn't that when you truly need it?
Jeps - but in this implementation, the wind goes into the microphones and creates noise. The wind noise reduction helps somewhat - but to my ears, it doesn't work too well outdoors. Therefore, I turn if off in those situations. However, indoors (and in trains etc.) the ANC works fine for me. Altogether, I am very happy with my EX :beyersmile:

Edit: So so sorry for messing up this thread.:triportsad: I have mistakenly thought it was about the EX. So everything above this is written in that context.
FWIW: Wind noise reduction works well with the H95 and the ANC works well with this. (This is not the case for the EX, ANC is OK but the wind reduction not so much).

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2023 at 4:47 PM Post #1,883 of 2,077
After having had the H95 for quite some time now, the only thing that is still a real mystery to me is: what is adaptive ANC? Has anyone had any actual experience with this adaptiveness-part? Like, has there been a sudden increase of noise in your surrounding, that caused the ANC to become more aggressive for example? I haven't noticed even the slightest change that could serve as an explanation of what the adaptiveness is. I'm curious whether someone else has figured it out by now.

Feb 20, 2023 at 2:26 PM Post #1,884 of 2,077
After having had the H95 for quite some time now, the only thing that is still a real mystery to me is: what is adaptive ANC? Has anyone had any actual experience with this adaptiveness-part? Like, has there been a sudden increase of noise in your surrounding, that caused the ANC to become more aggressive for example? I haven't noticed even the slightest change that could serve as an explanation of what the adaptiveness is. I'm curious whether someone else has figured it out by now.
No sorry, have turned it off. For other HPs, it hasn't worked for me. I will try this though - but it sure doesn't "sound" promising :)

Feb 28, 2023 at 3:25 AM Post #1,885 of 2,077
Not that I have noticed - it is always turned on....
I always think there is a lack of clarity when it’s turned on. So I only active it when needed.

Feb 28, 2023 at 3:58 AM Post #1,886 of 2,077
After having my EQ replaced in 2021, now was the first time to send in the H95 in :scream:.

I did not had loose wheels, but I discovered an expanding gap on the right earcup between the volume wheel and the outer housing. After coming near to the end of my 2-year warranty on 4th of February I decided to send them in. They got picked up on 31th January by UPS and exactly one week later I got my brand new replacement (grey mist). Then I waited a few days because I wasn’t sure to sell them and go with another color, mainly because the visible discoloring on the headband.

But finally I unpacked them - I had missed them soo much :L3000:

Somehow this new pair sounds better, I don’t know why but with the old pair I always had that impression the balance is slightly off. Now with this one, the ANC and volume wheel a quite stiff, on the last pair they were smoother. On the old ones both ear cups were perfect, on the new one there is a bigger wrinkle in the pad of the right ear cup - but I only will see it when I put them on. I know complaining on a high level :smile_phones:

Mar 1, 2023 at 4:07 PM Post #1,888 of 2,077
Hello, why in neutral mode, the sounds sucks ? I don't want to use ANC and Transparency mode when I'm alone at work. I just want it neutral so It doesn't use the battery much.
What do you think is wrong? To my ears, neutral seems fine....

Mar 4, 2023 at 2:49 PM Post #1,890 of 2,077
Unfortunately the BT-W3 I ordered and got today is DOA. Light is permanently blue without anything paired and master reset won’t work. Windows says it’s malfunctioning. Plan was to use it with an iPhone 14 Pro.
Any ideas or alternatives?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back