NEW Bang & Olufsen Beoplay H95 ANC Headphones - Reviews & Impressions
Dec 21, 2022 at 9:50 PM Post #1,846 of 2,079
I used an 2019 iMac - will try again later. The reason for doing this for me, would be the potential increase in SQ....
I’m not sure if you’ve tried this before, but I’ve been very happy with the h95s sound connecting directly to my laptop via USB-C and using Audirvāna with a convolution equalizer (LA Convolver) loaded with the h95s reference EQ curve (48khz wav file) found here. I also set Audirvāna to output a 24/48 digital signal to the h95. Just something to experiment with if trying to achieve the best sound quality.
You may also wish to try the above if you wish to maximize SQ…

Dec 22, 2022 at 5:23 PM Post #1,847 of 2,079
I got the Navy on sale on Black Friday. If you want something that is not black but then also does not 'stand out' , blue is the one to go for - understated and chic (can't think of another word to describe them). I love them.
Do you have any picture in good light condition to really see the color? In following video, they seems to be much more lighter than “navy”:

Dec 23, 2022 at 4:54 AM Post #1,849 of 2,079
Do you have any picture in good light condition to really see the color? In following video, they seems to be much more lighter than “navy”:

Sure, here is a pic of it with a couple of other coloured items for reference, hopefully that helps with any lighting irregularities - logitech K860 keyboard, pale grey logitech MX mouse and a silver HP laptop

Attachments

• 20221223_095023.jpg
    20221223_095023.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 20221223_095006.jpg
    20221223_095006.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20221223_094944.jpg
    20221223_094944.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Dec 26, 2022 at 1:09 AM Post #1,851 of 2,079
has anyone tried to compare h95 vs xm5 for the noise cancellation ? especially when you worked at the office and somebody played a heavy metal song with his laptop..

edit : tried both of them side by side at the local store. both xm5 and h95 have a good ANC. they are equal for ANC. APM wins for ANC. Thanks

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2022 at 12:58 PM Post #1,852 of 2,079
Hi, to all, i 't ink i start to see battery problems, well it 2 years of h95 and play it a lot. Did some stupide battery harm let it drain almost all th way down a comple times, now i chardge it up for 80 % mör less and the app show 79. All good so start play music and watchYT al in all 15-30 minutes now the battery is at.....57 %. I heard the app is some times buggy on battery healt. Can a b&o dealer check battery health (degradation)

Cheers servus

Chris

Jan 5, 2023 at 4:11 AM Post #1,853 of 2,079
Have been using these a lot more recently, aptx hd is an absolute game changer on these through the btw3 dongle for iPhone users.

Jan 5, 2023 at 4:53 AM Post #1,854 of 2,079
Have been using these a lot more recently, aptx hd is an absolute game changer on these through the btw3 dongle for iPhone users.
Agreed. It really shows the difference in quality between HD tracks on Amazon Music and the same music played via Spotify. Hopefully Spotify HiFi will finally arrive this year and I’ll finally be able to enjoy their excellent choice of music heard to its full potential via my H95s.

Jan 7, 2023 at 9:16 AM Post #1,857 of 2,079
The Creative BTW3 dongle only supports 16/48 output so I upgraded to the BTW4 in July. At the time it was frustrating as the new companion app that was developed for the BTW4 was only available for Windows. They have now released a version for Mac which I have just downloaded.

It is really good - it allows the output quality to be adjusted from 16/44 to 24/96 so I have set it to 24/48 to match the internal DAC of the H95s. You can also specify that the output is destined for headphones rather than speakers and adjust volume output within the app.

The sound quality is great. At the moment I am listening to Stokowski's arrangement of Bach's Toccata in Fugue in D minor by The Philadelphia Orchestra conducted by Yannick Nezet-Suguin in glorious UHD from Amazon Music, which is a great test track to showcase the abilities of the H95.

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2023 at 3:44 PM Post #1,860 of 2,079
On a side note, I have noticed today a rattling/knocking sound in the left ear cup when walking or turning my head.

Found out it was the left ANC dial was VERY loose, can wiggle it around and hear it knocking.

It drives me nuts hearing it when walking now, especially considering the price of these.

Has anyone else experienced similar?

Hey man!
I found this post a few weeks ago after i googled my self half to death trying to find others with a similar problem for their Beoplay H95. Mine came with a loose dial wheel, and i sent them to the B&O main checkup location in Denmark via my store (hifi-klubben). Today i recieved my very brand new pair, which does not have a loose dial. So in my experience B&O takes this problem of loose volume/ANC dial seriously, and at least in my case they considered it a faulty item, so if it's not to late, i would try sending them in. Hope it works out for you! (if it hasn't already, i know this is an old post😅)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back