NEW Bang & Olufsen Beoplay H95 ANC Headphones - Reviews & Impressions
Dec 18, 2022 at 9:08 PM Post #1,831 of 2,079
So my H95 were delivered on yesterday. I've spent a little time with them today. It's weird, I use to have a problem with the volume on these, that's no longer the case. Has something changed in the months I've been without them? I did update the firmware and saw that it was a firmware that wasn't available when I owned them. Not sure.

These also sound A LOT better than I remember. Using closer to correct/natural sounding wireless anc headphones like the Solitaire T and Focal Bathys may have changed my sound preference? I'm actually hearing these as closer to a fun headphone now with a big, deep, very well done bass response. The treble doesn't have the metallic sounding sheen spread over it that I remember. I'm going to give these a little more time, but I may have to make some changes to my comparison thread :L3000:.

@angelom tried to tell me months ago that I wasn't hearing these correctly :laughing:.

Dec 18, 2022 at 10:30 PM Post #1,832 of 2,079
These also sound A LOT better than I remember. Using closer to correct/natural sounding wireless anc headphones like the Solitaire T and Focal Bathys may have changed my sound preference?

One advice for you. If you want people continuing respecting your opinion in the PX8 thread (and you know that they still have a high opinion of you), please NEVER use the word "correct" in any of your posts or opinions. :)

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2022 at 10:32 PM Post #1,833 of 2,079
So my H95 were delivered on yesterday. I've spent a little time with them today. It's weird, I use to have a problem with the volume on these, that's no longer the case. Has something changed in the months I've been without them? I did update the firmware and saw that it was a firmware that wasn't available when I owned them. Not sure.

These also sound A LOT better than I remember. Using closer to correct/natural sounding wireless anc headphones like the Solitaire T and Focal Bathys may have changed my sound preference? I'm actually hearing these as closer to a fun headphone now with a big, deep, very well done bass response. The treble doesn't have the metallic sounding sheen spread over it that I remember. I'm going to give these a little more time, but I may have to make some changes to my comparison thread :L3000:.

@angelom tried to tell me months ago that I wasn't hearing these correctly :laughing:.
You can send them a 24/48 signal digitally via USB-C and they sound even better! Even better, they can be equalized to make them even more neutral. :)

Dec 18, 2022 at 11:58 PM Post #1,834 of 2,079
got this from youtube reviewer :

Out of the box they are kinda meh, that's why people send them back. But when fully broken-in they are Magical. Best headphones i've heard in my life. Yes they are better than the B&W PX8 and they blew the Focal Bathys out of the water during my tests. What people don't understand is that the H95 drivers are made of Titanium so they will take some 300+Hours before they are in full bloom, while normal plastic low-end headphones are fully done at 20-100Hrs max. This is typical for High End audio, they are meant to last your lifetime so they are built with supreme and thus stiffer materials. So i recommend you to connect them via USB to your computer, to keep the battery charged, and let them run continuos Hz-sweeps from 10Hz to 22Khz on repeat at 50% volume, as soon as you aren't using them; like when you sleep or work/school. Keep track of how many hours you've done this to make sure you reach 300Hrs of full sweeps. You'll be mindblown at what these can do after that. Base and Mids come into full fruition and the Treble will calm down and become silky smooth. The imaging / positioning capability of the H95 are out of this world. Even when new in box. In FPS games i can hear when someone is shooting at me behind my left shoulder, from the third floor. Just jaw dropping. The PX8 are good at imaging as well, but if the H95 is at 100% position accuracy the PX8 is only at 80% in comparison. You can find "HiFi break-in sweeps" here on YouTube. Download a 10Hz-100Hz track for Bass, and 100Hz-30Khz for Mids and Upper. Put them in a playlist in VLC-player (best audio delivery) and set it on repeat. Make sure you get the 10Hz and not 20Hz, you want to go low with these. Good Luck with that mate, and congratulations to owning the best wireless headphones currently in existence.

Dec 19, 2022 at 1:45 AM Post #1,835 of 2,079
got this from youtube reviewer :

Out of the box they are kinda meh, that's why people send them back. But when fully broken-in they are Magical. Best headphones i've heard in my life. Yes they are better than the B&W PX8 and they blew the Focal Bathys out of the water during my tests. What people don't understand is that the H95 drivers are made of Titanium so they will take some 300+Hours before they are in full bloom, while normal plastic low-end headphones are fully done at 20-100Hrs max. This is typical for High End audio, they are meant to last your lifetime so they are built with supreme and thus stiffer materials. So i recommend you to connect them via USB to your computer, to keep the battery charged, and let them run continuos Hz-sweeps from 10Hz to 22Khz on repeat at 50% volume, as soon as you aren't using them; like when you sleep or work/school. Keep track of how many hours you've done this to make sure you reach 300Hrs of full sweeps. You'll be mindblown at what these can do after that. Base and Mids come into full fruition and the Treble will calm down and become silky smooth. The imaging / positioning capability of the H95 are out of this world. Even when new in box. In FPS games i can hear when someone is shooting at me behind my left shoulder, from the third floor. Just jaw dropping. The PX8 are good at imaging as well, but if the H95 is at 100% position accuracy the PX8 is only at 80% in comparison. You can find "HiFi break-in sweeps" here on YouTube. Download a 10Hz-100Hz track for Bass, and 100Hz-30Khz for Mids and Upper. Put them in a playlist in VLC-player (best audio delivery) and set it on repeat. Make sure you get the 10Hz and not 20Hz, you want to go low with these. Good Luck with that mate, and congratulations to owning the best wireless headphones currently in existence.
Which reviewer is that from?

Dec 19, 2022 at 9:41 PM Post #1,838 of 2,079
Is it possible to do this like in px8 model? I haven’t found this in h95 manual.

I’m referring to 24/48 lossless mode through usb-c using internal DAC.
Yes, 24/48 is the max resolution the internal DAC can handle, so I currently have my software configured to up/downsample content to 24/48 when using the h95s. I found the h95s play louder via USB-C and at 24/48 they are especially revealing - especially with high-res tracks.

Dec 20, 2022 at 11:41 AM Post #1,839 of 2,079
Good afternoon, I hope you are well.

I have the following problem. I bought the B&O H95 a few months ago and always liked to use the app. Now I have not used the headphones for a few weeks and when I wore them yesterday and wanted to adjust something in the app under the equalizer (Beosonic) I noticed that you can no longer adjust the size of the circle. With it you could adjust the stage. I tried it on both iOS and Android.

Is this a known problem or has B&O deliberately removed it?

Thanks for your answers in advance

Dec 20, 2022 at 2:50 PM Post #1,840 of 2,079
Good afternoon, I hope you are well.

I have the following problem. I bought the B&O H95 a few months ago and always liked to use the app. Now I have not used the headphones for a few weeks and when I wore them yesterday and wanted to adjust something in the app under the equalizer (Beosonic) I noticed that you can no longer adjust the size of the circle. With it you could adjust the stage. I tried it on both iOS and Android.

Is this a known problem or has B&O deliberately removed it?

Thanks for your answers in advance
Just tried and you're right: apparently it is gone - this must have been B&O's choice. Don't know why - not that I have used much though....

Dec 20, 2022 at 4:30 PM Post #1,841 of 2,079
Yes, 24/48 is the max resolution the internal DAC can handle, so I currently have my software configured to up/downsample content to 24/48 when using the h95s. I found the h95s play louder via USB-C and at 24/48 they are especially revealing - especially with high-res tracks.
So you are connecting the USB A in the PC and USB C in the H95? Tried but to my ears it doesn't sound that much higher (if any) - not that I need it though...Has anybody else tried this?

Dec 20, 2022 at 9:26 PM Post #1,842 of 2,079
So you are connecting the USB A in the PC and USB C in the H95? Tried but to my ears it doesn't sound that much higher (if any) - not that I need it though...Has anybody else tried this?
I’m connecting USB-C to USB-C using a 2021 MBP. For me the volume is noticeably higher, not sure it will be the same for all setups though.

Dec 21, 2022 at 11:57 AM Post #1,844 of 2,079
What do you think about h95s in navy blue compared to black model? They are on sale in my country
I got the Navy on sale on Black Friday. If you want something that is not black but then also does not 'stand out' , blue is the one to go for - understated and chic (can't think of another word to describe them). I love them.

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2022 at 1:03 PM Post #1,845 of 2,079
I’m connecting USB-C to USB-C using a 2021 MBP. For me the volume is noticeably higher, not sure it will be the same for all setups though.
I used an 2019 iMac - will try again later. The reason for doing this for me, would be the potential increase in SQ....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back