NEW Bang & Olufsen Beoplay H95 ANC Headphones - Reviews & Impressions
Jan 25, 2023 at 3:56 PM Post #1,861 of 2,077
I have my H95s sent back for the 3rd time... it really makes me question their durability.
First died unexpectedly (in less than 30 days). I wrote here at that time.
Second was good, until the 3.5 port stopped working.
3rd had 2 issues since I received them (as replacement for the 2nd) but due to a very busy period and cos I was using them for work too and traveling a lot (meaning I won't have a stable address for over a week), I couldn't send them back last year. The treble is literally awful (and yes, they've ran for over 100hrs) + on the Right earcup tthere's something moving inside.

I wonder if anyone knows what's the RMA % report... 1st&2nd sounded amazing tho and the battery life is jus perfect..

Jan 26, 2023 at 9:42 AM Post #1,862 of 2,077
For anyone using these wirelessly with an iPhone and Apple Music, I figured out that the tracks it struggled for volume on were Dolby Atmos tracks.

I had Dolby Atmos set to ‘auto’ in the settings for the Apple Music app (from using it with AirPods Pro etc).

Turning that setting to off ‘fixed’ those tracks. I might be imagining it but it also seems like non Atmos tracks require about 10% less volume now too.

Jan 26, 2023 at 1:02 PM Post #1,863 of 2,077
I had issues with dolby tracks with other earphones too... ended up deactivating Dolby at all (I was barely using it with airpods).

Also update about my previous post, they'll send a new pair.

I still like the H95 and recommend it, maybe I was unlucky :)) + their support is (generally) great, 9/10. I'd give them 10/10 if RMAs could be processed in their stores directly not having to send them back and wait.. overall great headphones with great battery life and decent ANC. Using them for music and work :)

Now I ordered a Sony ZX707 DAP, probably I'll use USB for listening (to avoid the H95's DSP).

If someone is more technical avid, can explain how the internal DAC and DSP of H95 and whether worth using USB C instead of 3.5 I'd be glad to read. :D

Jan 27, 2023 at 5:42 AM Post #1,865 of 2,077
It is really good - it allows the output quality to be adjusted from 16/44 to 24/96 so I have set it to 24/48 to match the internal DAC of the H95s. You can also specify that the output is destined for headphones rather than speakers and adjust volume output within the app.

The sound quality is great. At the moment I am listening to Stokowski's arrangement of Bach's Toccata in Fugue in D minor by The Philadelphia Orchestra conducted by Yannick Nezet-Suguin in glorious UHD from Amazon Music, which is a great test track to showcase the abilities of the H95.
Does this still work ok with the iPhone & CCK?

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2023 at 12:58 PM Post #1,866 of 2,077
Does this still work ok with the iPhone & CCK?
I use the BT-W4 via the USB-C sockets on my MacBook Pro 16" 2021 and iPad Pro 12.9" 2021. The only issue is that I have to make sure the H95 does not try to also connect via Bluetooth AAC as this interferes horribly with the AptX Adaptive connection. The easiest option was to "forget" the H95 so it only has the option of connecting via the dongle. Its multipoint connection clearly puts it at a disadvantage.

I don't have a Lighting to USB-C socket adapter for my iPhone 14 Pro so haven't tried it with the phone yet - perhaps with the next generation once the EU regulations force Apple to fit a USB-C socket!

Feb 6, 2023 at 3:32 AM Post #1,867 of 2,077
I have connection issues between the H95's and my Android phone. I can pair them on the classic way via the android settings to my phone, so I can listen to music through them just like that. But I also want to use the app's features (equilizer, settings etc.), so I want to get them in my Beoplay app but that doesn't seem to work. When I try to connect my H95 to my Beoplay app on Android, after a few seconds of trying it keeps on saying "Can't connect". That happens both on a clean app and phone (so it's not paired yet) as on whenever the headphones are already paired on the classic way (via Android's settings) and it also happens when the H95 are in active pairing mode.

What did I do to try resolve it:
- Both the app and my phone have the latest versions
- Resetted the H95 by holding the switch upwards for 10 seconds (until the light blinks red)
- Managed to connect them to the Beoplay app on another phone at home (LG V30)
- I went to a B&O store here in Stockholm, and we tried many things there:
- Besides the above, I tried to connect another pair of H95 that were in the store to my phone, but no result.
- We tried to connect my H95's to the (i)phone of the salesperson, and after some attempts that worked.
While my H95's was connected to the salesperson's phone, he also updated the firmware on the headphones. After that, it still doesn't want to connect.

I think we isolated the problem to the fact that my phone's app doesn't want to accept the H95's because: My H95's are able to be added to somebody else's phone; Another H95 won't connect to my phone; My H95's are useable without the app. Does anyone know anything on my phone that Beoplay doesn't like? Thinking in the sound department on my Xperia 1iv, it has a headphonejack, some dolby settings, are there some things that block the app from accepting my H95's?

Hope anyone has had similar issues and resolved them some way! :)

Feb 6, 2023 at 3:45 AM Post #1,868 of 2,077
I have connection issues between the H95's and my Android phone. I can pair them on the classic way via the android settings to my phone, so I can listen to music through them just like that. But I also want to use the app's features (equilizer, settings etc.), so I want to get them in my Beoplay app but that doesn't seem to work. When I try to connect my H95 to my Beoplay app on Android, after a few seconds of trying it keeps on saying "Can't connect". That happens both on a clean app and phone (so it's not paired yet) as on whenever the headphones are already paired on the classic way (via Android's settings) and it also happens when the H95 are in active pairing mode.

- Resetted the H95 by holding the switch upwards for 10 seconds (until the light blinks red)
- Besides the above, I tried to connect another pair of H95 that were in the store to my phone, but no result.
- We tried to connect my H95's to the (i)phone of the salesperson, and after some attempts that worked.
While my H95's was connected to the salesperson's phone, he also updated the firmware on the headphones. After that, it still doesn't want to connect.

I think we isolated the problem to the fact that my phone's app doesn't want to accept the H95's because: My H95's are able to be added to somebody else's phone; Another H95 won't connect to my phone; My H95's are useable without the app. Does anyone know anything on my phone that Beoplay doesn't like? Thinking in the sound department on my Xperia 1iv, it has a headphonejack, some dolby settings, are there some things that block the app from accepting my H95's?

Try on your phone to go in Settings > All apps > Bang & Olufsen > Permissions, and grant permission for Location and Nearby devices.

Feb 6, 2023 at 6:36 AM Post #1,870 of 2,077

Android?

Enter the B&O application.
Force stop.
Clear Data & Cache.

Uninstall the application.
Restart.
Re-install B&O application.

Notifications: allowed
Permissions you did already.
Default: in this app.

Feb 15, 2023 at 4:24 AM Post #1,872 of 2,077
Thanks for the tips, but did that and didn't help unfortunately. Got a support case at B&O now, I'll update here if we/they resolve something!
I had similar when the APP used to work.

I did a factory reset on the H95 (pull slider to pairing and hold it until you get orange flashing light, then let go). This didn't work on its own.

Then I removed my existing H95 on the APP. Not working yet.

After restarting my phone and re-pairing the BT, the APP just found them without asking to look for them.

Feb 15, 2023 at 6:00 AM Post #1,873 of 2,077
FYI - there was an update to the App. Now B&O Radio is possible on Headphone & Earphones.

Feb 15, 2023 at 3:19 PM Post #1,874 of 2,077
FYI - there was an update to the App. Now B&O Radio is possible on Headphone & Earphones.
Thanks - I cannot see anything new today - what is the version number?

Feb 15, 2023 at 6:49 PM Post #1,875 of 2,077
Thanks - I cannot see anything new today - what is the version number?
Not a new firmware, a new function on the B&O App. Maybe limited to iOS and/or Europe.

Attachments

• DA789D87-32AA-49FE-A239-D8E6F46F3D3E.jpeg
    DA789D87-32AA-49FE-A239-D8E6F46F3D3E.jpeg
    490 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back