NEW Bang & Olufsen Beoplay H95 ANC Headphones - Reviews & Impressions
Aug 7, 2022 at 9:59 AM Post #1,682 of 2,077
I have both APM and H95 and, although the H95 does sound better overall (better clarity and balance), I’m selling the H95 as I find it quite ugly/clunky to wear outdoors which somewhat defeats the point. At home I just use my proper wired sets + Mojo 2 as a portable solution
Which color h95 do you have? I find lighter colors look clunkier somehow.

Aug 7, 2022 at 10:18 AM Post #1,686 of 2,077
Thanks. I'm hoping they do look nice. I wanted the Grey Mist but I cancelled the order when I remembered how huge the Technics EAH a800 in silver looked on my head. The black version of the a800 looked way better and somehow smaller on me. I hope the Navy H95 was the right choice. I considered the black as well. (The Technics actually got returned after a few days because they sounded odd)

Aug 7, 2022 at 2:46 PM Post #1,690 of 2,077
I love the H9 3rd gen. Just hope the H95 aren't quieter than those. I've heard rumors that they are.

They're not.

However, H9 3rd Gen can be used in passive mode and that way you really can crank up the volume - the sound remains extremely good without distorsion.
H95 instead are fully digital and can't work passively, so the volume of their built-in amp is what you get.

I must also say, although H95 are obviously placed in a higher segment and price tier, that they lack the Google Assistant integration that H9ve have, and lack the quick transparency gestire (which I found absolutely amazing and useful on the H9v3, and now inexplicably they've removed it from both H95 and HX...).

Aug 7, 2022 at 8:12 PM Post #1,691 of 2,077
They're not.

However, H9 3rd Gen can be used in passive mode and that way you really can crank up the volume - the sound remains extremely good without distorsion.
H95 instead are fully digital and can't work passively, so the volume of their built-in amp is what you get.

I must also say, although H95 are obviously placed in a higher segment and price tier, that they lack the Google Assistant integration that H9ve have, and lack the quick transparency gestire (which I found absolutely amazing and useful on the H9v3, and now inexplicably they've removed it from both H95 and HX...).
Thanks for letting me know they aren't quiet. I don't use Google assistant, but the left ear cup on the H95 has a button that activates it as far as I can tell from looking it up? Thankfully I wasn't planning on using them passively so the change from the h9 on that front is ok for me too. The transparency gesture removal is actually good imo because I didn't like it's implementation on the h9 because it pauses the music. Made no sense to me and it's fixed with the H9 afaik

Aug 8, 2022 at 12:37 AM Post #1,692 of 2,077
I got the H95 tonight. I have a problem with them. They can't play the track "Stud" by Autechre from the Trip Repetae album. Not from the actual album, or even off YouTube. There's a terrible percussion distortion through most of the track. Anyone familiar with the track listening through these headphones would hear it. I need to know if it's just my pair of H95. Any Autechre fans or interested person who could help me here? Listen to the track. When the main percussion loop starts do you hear distortion? I'm mostly happy with these cans but I need some help here.

Aug 10, 2022 at 2:10 AM Post #1,694 of 2,077
No. Mark Levinson should be up there, now

Users who are viewing this thread

Back