NEW Bang & Olufsen Beoplay H95 ANC Headphones - Reviews & Impressions
Dec 12, 2020 at 1:00 AM Post #796 of 2,079
This is sad, that was good work having all those review links on page1

Thank you for your comment.

--------------

And because apparently this thread is only for positive impressions, here is a new youtube review of the h95.

Dec 12, 2020 at 2:19 AM Post #797 of 2,079

--------------

And because apparently this thread is only for positive impressions, here is a new youtube review of the h95.

At least this guy is honest about him being a proud Bang & Olufsen Brand Ambassador ... :beyersmile:

Dec 12, 2020 at 2:32 AM Post #798 of 2,079

Don't worry mate, I appreciate all your contributions to this thread .. In fact, I admit I initially was skeptical about the H95 being an overpriced piece of "happy few" hardware, that I would never even have considered auditioning myself if it weren't for all your posts ... These triggered me sufficiently to take the jump and get a pair for comparison .. (I admit, the 499 euros deal helped :sunglasses: ) ..

And whaddayaknow .. I ended up ditching my Shure Aonic 50 for them, due to the H95 managing that ever so small extra sense of overall comfort and musical enjoyment ... I admit, to my senses it's really really an infinitesimal difference, and definitely not worth the approx 500 euros price difference (based on current internet prices). But oh boy, what a great overall user experience do these cans provide ...

So in the end, I think you ended up being a contributing factor in my decision to start evaluating the H95, let alone the decision to ultimately stay with the H95 and ditch the Shure Aonic 50 :beyersmile:

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2020 at 2:40 AM Post #799 of 2,079
True regarding the headphones being prone to scuffing or paint chipping. I have this on mine already (Black color).
Ha. Got my first dent at the edge of the left backplate a few days ago after I let the H95 make a 5 feet gravity test from a coat hanger to the floor. The floor tile got a worse dent, while it's barely noticeable on the 'phones... * Advantage GREY raw aluminum *
Dent&Olufsen.jpg

LOL. Love your sense of humor, buddy!
Don't take it too personally though... There'll always be people trying to denigrate a pair of 800$ wireless headphones, or simply nitpicking, especially here on Head-Fi !
Gotta live with it while enjoying your H95 on the go like I am.
/me *shrugs* and snaps his H95 for a quick check on new records out of his lappie.

Completely _unbiased_ review! =)
Turns out, I mostly agree with the brit ambassador in some ways... Stil in a honeymoon with the H95 after two months!
And the earpads smell good, haha.

In case you didn't notice... An "indipendent headfi measurement" is brought up at 6:25 ?!? :deadhorse:

Dec 12, 2020 at 4:38 AM Post #800 of 2,079
At least this guy is honest about him being a proud Bang & Olufsen Brand Ambassador ... :beyersmile:

Yes, this is true. Two things I like about his review:
1) He's saying he loves b&o products for many years, but he's saying he never liking b&o headphones before until now with the h95. So, he isn't saying the typical of "the h9 is great, but the h95 is better".
2) He is mentioning 3 sennheiser headphones in the review and is showing 2 in the video. He saying that he using only sennheiser before for many years...until now.

:)

Don't take it too personally though... There'll always be people trying to denigrate a pair of 800$ wireless headphones, or simply nitpicking, especially here on Head-Fi !

I don't having problem with criticism of h95 (or other headphones I like), specially from people with real experience with audio or with good headphones. The problem for me is when you seeing a pattern with some people (3 people in this thread) that sometimes becoming ridiculous / silly in the criticism.

In case you didn't notice... An "indipendent headfi measurement" is brought up at 6:25 ?!?

Yes, I seeing this. I think maybe he's talking about the graph (now only a link) I having in post #2.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2020 at 8:25 AM Post #801 of 2,079
Ha. Got my first dent at the edge of the left backplate a few days ago after I let the H95 make a 5 feet gravity test from a coat hanger to the floor. The floor tile got a worse dent, while it's barely noticeable on the 'phones... * Advantage GREY raw aluminum *
Yikes! The feeling when that drop happens is like dropping a baby :D
Haha, love the "O-uch" overlay on that picture, gotta take those battle scars and enjoy these fine headphones, life is short!:L3000:

Dec 12, 2020 at 8:32 AM Post #802 of 2,079
Dent&Olufsen.jpg

/me *shrugs* and snaps his H95 for a quick check on new records out of his lappie.

Completely _unbiased_ review! =)
Turns out, I mostly agree with the brit ambassador in some ways... Stil in a honeymoon with the H95 after two months!
And the earpads smell good, haha.

In case you didn't notice... An "indipendent headfi measurement" is brought up at 6:25 ?!? :deadhorse:
I guess that you would wish that there is accidental coverage now. Yeah, trolling.

Dec 12, 2020 at 8:39 AM Post #803 of 2,079

Just call it "personalization" and see it as added unique character. I also don't do that on purpose, but seeing some real beat up things that wear the scars of daily usage and still work well... there's something to that. It also speaks to the quality of a product that it doesn't immediately fail -- and a drop is something that can happen to a headphone.

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2020 at 11:05 AM Post #806 of 2,079
I copy this post from the AirPods Max thread.

In the photo B&O H95 (€800, $800, £700) and Apple AirPods Max (€629, $549, £549).

The people that don't know me must knowing I owning more than 30 (anc) wireless headphones in the past, including all more expensive models (qc35, qc35II, nc700, mw65, h9, h9i, h9 3g, xm3, xm4, p7 wireless, px, px7, dali-o6, aonic 50, sennheiser m3, etc.) I owning hd800 and hd600 too. My favourite (anc) wireless is definitely the h95 for the sound and other aspects. I owning still xm3 and p7 wireless (xm3 only for excellent anc because I don't liking the factory sound (very similar, by the way, to xm4) and I must using eq always).

I using iPhone 12 Pro and MacBook Pro 16-inch.

After 10 minutes of h95 and apm comparison:

H95 feeling more premium in construction.

H95 is definitely more neutral. APM having definitely more midbass.

H95_APM.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2020 at 2:51 PM Post #807 of 2,079
I copy again the post I writing in AirPods Max thread:

"I comparing the sound of the APM with my H95 and P7 wireless for about 2 hours.

The h95 is my favourite in different aspects, apart from sound quality that is offering a very close with flat/neutral sound. The user experience is definitely better too. The touch interface of the h95 is not like the xm3/xm4, bose 700, or other b&o headphones (I don't liking how is implemented in the 3 h9 models). In h95 is only for play/pause and next/previous track, and after 3 months of experience is working 99.99% perfectly AND super fast. I using this feature many, many more than normal users because I changing the tracks constantly, or repeat tracks or pause the music often. The people that don't knowing this feature in the h95 don't knowing how very excellent is.

The volume dial, very, very important aspect for me, is the best implementation of all the volume possibilities I trying before (including Surface 2 that using this dial first) in many, many headphones. And the construction quality is only comparable with other high end b&o headphones. The APM is coming only after this models in this aspect. You can folding h95 too, and this is better for travels/portability. And then you having 50 hours of battery life and a off/on button!

BUT the h95 is very, very expensive. So, for sound quality, the shure aonic 50 is my second option, but as complete package I choosing the APM definitely, even if more, more expensive (the aonic 50 having other things I don't liking that are important for me).

Probably too I choosing the APM sound than my p7 wireless, but in this case, only speaking of the sound quality, the p7 wireless sometimes is better here. But I think in general the APM is sounding more correct. And the APM is having anc and other features too, but the design of the p7 wireless is uniquely beautiful, and with fantastic construction too and better portability, and on/off button.

Is very possible (90% I think) I returning the APM that I receiving today in 2 or 3 days. BUT I want saying that I think the APM is a very, very good headphone. For me is better than xm3, xm4 and momentum 3 and many other headphones. In fact, if I'm a person that can't affording paying €800 but can paying €629, the APM is my definite option as complete package (not only for sq).

APM v1 today is excellent. APM v2 in 2 years or 3 will be definitely better in several aspects."

Dec 15, 2020 at 3:34 PM Post #809 of 2,079
Dec 15, 2020 at 3:50 PM Post #810 of 2,079
No, I don't testing spatial audio yet because, in reality, this is very secondary for me. BUT I understand your question and maybe tomorrow I will looking for this performance.

Here is the link for AirPods Max thread: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/airpods-max.949152/

Thanks for the impressions and it's good to see the APM in the hands of an audiophile!

Is the H95 and Aonic 50 better than the APM in terms of clarity and details in the mids and highs? Specifically electric guitar and bite in the crunch?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back