NEW Bang & Olufsen Beoplay H95 ANC Headphones - Reviews & Impressions
Dec 16, 2020 at 1:18 AM Post #812 of 2,078
I've already listed some initial thoughts in the AirPods Max thread, but I am another owner of both the H95 and the APM. Add me to the list of those that agrees that the B&O are unquestionably superior.

But they're probably not the headphones most people should buy. The APM are remarkably good for the money.

Over the next days/weeks I'll be putting them both through some detailed comparisons. I have every expectation that I'll return the APM and keep the B&O. But if I didn't already own the B&O, or if I was still within the return window of both, it would be a much harder decision.

Dec 16, 2020 at 11:54 AM Post #813 of 2,078
I've already listed some initial thoughts in the AirPods Max thread, but I am another owner of both the H95 and the APM. Add me to the list of those that agrees that the B&O are unquestionably superior.

But they're probably not the headphones most people should buy. The APM are remarkably good for the money.

Over the next days/weeks I'll be putting them both through some detailed comparisons. I have every expectation that I'll return the APM and keep the B&O. But if I didn't already own the B&O, or if I was still within the return window of both, it would be a much harder decision.

For me even with return window for the h95 I returning the AirPods Max. I will returning my pair tomorrow. I copy here what I writing in the APM thread:

I will returning the APM tomorrow.

The good:
- Very good exciting consumer type of sound.
- Best anc of all anc headphones I trying in the past, including xm3, xm4, nc700, qc35 and qc35II.
- Excellent ambient mode.
- Excellent for telephone calls.
- You can quickly changing the volume easily and in very small increments if necessary.
- With Apple devices connection is very quickly.
- BT range is the best of all bt I trying before.

The no so good or bad:
- Terrible case that isn't protecting the headphones.
- No on/off button
- More mid-bass than I preferring that is affecting the mids a little; little recessed mids. Sometimes with some music the sound is little muddy.
- After only 30 minutes I start feeling discomfort in my ears, isn't exactly the clamping aspect but I'm feeling strange pressure and this is too happening in the top of my head; and my ears are getting a little hot and starting little sweat too. With my h95 I can wearing for many hours and don't having all this problems.
- User experience with volume dial and anc button isn't great. Sometimes I accidentally increasing or lowering the volume and/or change anc/ambient/off mode when adjusting the position of the headphones or when I putting away for few minutes. The double/triple clicking of the dial isn't always responding correctly. I'm a person that is changing tracks constantly so this is sometimes not very good. The user experience with my h95 is many, many better.
- For travelling is important that a headphone having folding possibility for better portability. When cases becoming available in the future the package will be bulky because the headband too is very wide.

Dec 16, 2020 at 3:16 PM Post #814 of 2,078
Dec 16, 2020 at 7:51 PM Post #816 of 2,078
For me even with return window for the h95 I returning the AirPods Max. I will returning my pair tomorrow. I copy here what I writing in the APM thread:

I will returning the APM tomorrow.

The good:
- Very good exciting consumer type of sound.
- Best anc of all anc headphones I trying in the past, including xm3, xm4, nc700, qc35 and qc35II.
- Excellent ambient mode.
- Excellent for telephone calls.
- You can quickly changing the volume easily and in very small increments if necessary.
- With Apple devices connection is very quickly.
- BT range is the best of all bt I trying before.

The no so good or bad:
- Terrible case that isn't protecting the headphones.
- No on/off button
- More mid-bass than I preferring that is affecting the mids a little; little recessed mids. Sometimes with some music the sound is little muddy.
- After only 30 minutes I start feeling discomfort in my ears, isn't exactly the clamping aspect but I'm feeling strange pressure and this is too happening in the top of my head; and my ears are getting a little hot and starting little sweat too. With my h95 I can wearing for many hours and don't having all this problems.
- User experience with volume dial and anc button isn't great. Sometimes I accidentally increasing or lowering the volume and/or change anc/ambient/off mode when adjusting the position of the headphones or when I putting away for few minutes. The double/triple clicking of the dial isn't always responding correctly. I'm a person that is changing tracks constantly so this is sometimes not very good. The user experience with my h95 is many, many better.
- For travelling is important that a headphone having folding possibility for better portability. When cases becoming available in the future the package will be bulky because the headband too is very wide.

I do like the dial design a lot more on the B&O, agree with this 100% (though credit where it's due, B&O basically ripped off Microsoft with that design). I cannot agree with the comfort comments. The B&O are lighter, and you feel it, but man that headband on the APM is awesome. It distributes weight so well that they remain incredibly comfortable after extended use.

As for the sound, I can't find anything about the APM that I prefer to the B&O. But the B&O are just incredibly good, so that's not a huge surprise. There's nothing I dislike about the APM sound, and if I didn't have the B&O to AB, I'd be perfectly happy living with the APM.

But the reality is that whenever I do an AB, once I put the B&O on, I never want to take them back off.

Dec 17, 2020 at 12:22 AM Post #817 of 2,078
@angelom: Can you compare SQ of the APM with the H9i?

I can only speaking from memory. I don't liking the sound of the h9i, for me the treble is problematic, very peaky and hurting my ears easily. I definitely preferring the sound of the AMP overall. BUT if you loving the h9i, the AMP probably sounding very warm/dark with maybe too much bass.

I cannot agree with the comfort comments. The B&O are lighter, and you feel it, but man that headband on the APM is awesome. It distributes weight so well that they remain incredibly comfortable after extended use.

The headbands of previous b&o headphones are uncomfortable, but in my case the h95 headband is absolutely perfect, I have zero discomfort after 8+ hours of listening, and for me is probably the best headband of many headphones I trying in the past, a great combination of excellent quality materials and comfort. For me the headband of AMP is fine but I don't know why only after 30 minutes I feeling little discomfort in the top of my head and specially outside my ears. The problem with the mesh, for me, is that is looking a little "tacky", but important too is that you must being careful that you don't damaging with other objects. In the silver colour the mesh is white and is probably getting dirty soon. I ordering the silver colour only because delivery in my case is for 15 December. I ordering the space grey, that I liking more, with delivery 10 days later. I'm returning the silver today and canceling already the space grey.

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2020 at 2:38 AM Post #818 of 2,078
I can only speaking from memory. I don't liking the sound of the h9i, for me the treble is problematic, very peaky and hurting my ears easily. I definitely preferring the sound of the AMP overall. BUT if you loving the h9i, the AMP probably sounding very warm/dark with maybe too much bass.

Same with me. Since I use the H95, I do not use the H9i further. Today I sold them for 250 Euro (I purchased them 18 Months ago for 279 Euro, so that was a good deal for me). I need a second pair of HP for outside walks, using at the office, and also for watching movies, so I ordered the APM.

Dec 17, 2020 at 7:02 AM Post #820 of 2,078
Please can someone explain where I can sell my headphones and if I could do it on this site and how. I’m UK based. Thanks

Look here and look at the 3 links in the top of the page.

Dec 17, 2020 at 3:25 PM Post #821 of 2,078
Finally got my Airports Max. listening to it makes me think that maybe the H95 is actually ok and good. But the price is too close to a decent set of IEM that in the gut doesn't feel right.
Just listened to one song or two on the Max. I think maybe the "issue" is that both simmer out the poor quality recording's flaw.
The Airpods Max definitely is not as flat as H95.

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2020 at 3:40 PM Post #822 of 2,078
Finally got my Airports Max. listening to it makes me think that maybe the H95 is actually ok and good. But the price is too close to a decent set of IEM that in the gut doesn't feel right

I writing this in the APM thread yesterday:

In the USA the difference in price between the H95 and AMP is $250 ($800 vs $550); in Europe is €170 (€800 vs €630). When you looking at the very premium h95 case and cables that is including in the h95 the price difference is much more small, or nothing. Remember the 3.5mm/lighting cable for AMP costing $35 in USA, €40 in Europe. B&O including airline adaptor too. Imagine if the B&O case is the same for the AMP, Apple charging minimum €100 or more probably €150 or more even, (the leather wallet case for iPhone 11 Pro costing €130 for reference). The charging cable is premium in h95, isn't premium in AMP. If you adding all this things together, the AMP very possibly costing even more than the h95.

Dec 17, 2020 at 3:44 PM Post #823 of 2,078
Dec 18, 2020 at 8:48 AM Post #825 of 2,078
Bought a pair of the black ones, on backorder but coming in soon. I've always liked their speakers but their headphones have underwhelmed me in the past, these seem like the real deal though so can't wait! I did get the APM as well (like many here I have a slight addiction) but feel like these will be my main wireless cans for home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back