NEW Bang & Olufsen Beoplay H95 ANC Headphones - Reviews & Impressions
Dec 9, 2020 at 5:15 PM Post #781 of 2,079
FWIW: I still enjoy my old H7 without noise cancellation, but replaceable battery :beyersmile:The soft ear pads are still fine, but I don’t think they can be replaced anymore.....However, after reading this thread! I must admit, that I am starting to get tempted by the H95....
Me as well. I actually enjoy B&O gear and I really liked the H7.

Dec 10, 2020 at 2:53 AM Post #784 of 2,079
Short status update.. I ended up selling my Shure Aonic 50 and keeping the H95.. In my opinion, according to my impressions and general feeling of well-being during listening sessions, the H95 finally took the lead.. That was however not necessarily only on SQ.. My impression was that both contenders had specific areas where they excelled over the other.. I found the bass in the H95 to be slightly tighter, more controlled, bringing a tad more fun & foundation whereas the SA50 had the edge in the upper regions in terms of detail and coherence. So SQ did not end up as a decisive factor for me. In fact, it ended up being passive isolation and wear comfort that helped the H95 to clean to clinch victory..

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2020 at 7:16 AM Post #785 of 2,079
Short status update.. I ended up selling my Shure Aonic 50 and keeping the H95.. In my opinion, according to my impressions and general feeling of well-being during listening sessions, the H95 finally took the lead.. That was however not necessarily only on SQ.. My impression was that both contenders had specific areas where they excelled over the other.. I found the bass in the H95 to be slightly tighter, more controlled, bringing a tad more fun & foundation whereas the SA50 had the edge in the upper regions in terms of detail and coherence. So SQ did not end up as a decisive factor for me. In fact, it ended up being passive isolation and wear comfort that helped the H95 to clean to clinch victory..
Maybe not relevant. But did you feel that the sound has loosened up after you use the H95 for a while. If it didn’t then maybe the one that i got originally was defective.

Dec 10, 2020 at 8:50 AM Post #786 of 2,079

If is possible, please write a little more long post so I can putting in post #2 in this thread (isn't necessary that is very long). If you think your post above is sufficient, tell me and I will putting a link for that post.

Dec 10, 2020 at 9:27 AM Post #787 of 2,079
Is this place just for compliments?

It does appear to be. I just looked through the linked reviews on the first page, and they are almost entirely positive, ignoring the negative ones.

angelom: this is not how reviews and forums work if you want to help people get a balanced view of the product. The H95 are good in my opinion. But you only posted my positive comments, and left out the one where I decided not to buy them and why. Others have been less positive. It is good to be happy about you purchase, but Head-Fi needs a less biased Reviews and Impressions thread for the H95.

Dec 10, 2020 at 9:36 AM Post #788 of 2,079
It does appear to be. I just looked through the linked reviews on the first page, and they are almost entirely positive, ignoring the negative ones.

angelom: this is not how reviews and forums work if you want to help people get a balanced view of the product. The H95 are good in my opinion. But you only posted my positive comments, and left out the one where I decided not to buy them and why. Others have been less positive. It is good to be happy about you purchase, but Head-Fi needs a less biased Reviews and Impressions thread for the H95.

This isn't true. you can seeing, I think, maybe 2 reviews/impressions that is mixed and maybe one that is bad. I only don't putting one link of one person that having strange agenda that other people reading this thread from the beginning can seeing this too very clearly. If you reading all the pages in this thread, you will seeing that the 99% of the people that owning this product, their impressions are in post #2.

I only posting ONE link of each person with more complete impressions. And I trying putting links of the people that owning the h95, that having more than 15-30 minutes in a shop with this headphone.

PLEASE show me the posts you think I must adding. I'm not perfect but I trying ALWAYS being fair.

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2020 at 10:46 AM Post #789 of 2,079
Maybe not relevant. But did you feel that the sound has loosened up after you use the H95 for a while. If it didn’t then maybe the one that i got originally was defective.

It might have, but if it has I would have difficulty to decide whether that would be due to brain burn-in or headphone burn-in.. In fact having thrown 200+ hours of white brown and pink noise at it seem to have had only minimal effect..

In my opinion the Shure Aonic 50 appeared to benefit more from that same treatment than the H95. Perhaps it's because of the different material and size of the drivers, perhaps its the presence of a much more influent DSP on the H95, I don't know.

On a side note. It's not only the H95 box that scuffs easily, the headphones themselves are also a bit more prone to scuffing I noticed.. My H95 now also have some (very light) scuffs. That's an area where the SA50 are a bit more robust :)

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2020 at 12:37 PM Post #790 of 2,079
Is a surprise for me that after 3 months not more people speaking about the fantastic implementation of the volume dial and/or the excellent touch interface. With my experience of more than 30 wireless (ANC) headphones and earphones, not one is coming close to the very, very excellent user experience I having with the h95. But I must admitting too that I'm a person that changing the volume constantly (often in very little increments) and changing tracks a lot, or repeating a piece of music. For me, personally, for this 2 excellent implementations I'm happy paying 100-200 euros more.

You should have tried the Plantronics BackBeat Pro :wink:

FWIW: I still enjoy my old H7 without noise cancellation, but replaceable battery :beyersmile:The soft ear pads are still fine, but I don’t think they can be replaced anymore.....However, after reading this thread! I must admit, that I am starting to get tempted by the H95....

Is your H7's power slider still working flawlessly?

Dec 10, 2020 at 1:37 PM Post #791 of 2,079
On a side note. It's not only the H95 box that scuffs easily, the headphones themselves are also a bit more prone to scuffing I noticed.. My H95 now also have some (very light) scuffs. That's an area where the SA50 are a bit more robust :)

True regarding the headphones being prone to scuffing or paint chipping. I have this on mine already (Black color). If you look at the B&O advertisement for H95, theirs also have it !! This means we need to be ready for more battle scars ahead :robot:

Dec 10, 2020 at 4:16 PM Post #792 of 2,079
All the links of reviews/impressions in post #2 are deleted now, including the links of my impressions. Post #1 is edited now too and showing only a link to the b&o website.

Dec 11, 2020 at 10:35 AM Post #793 of 2,079
If any of you H95 Numbered Edition owners (black) would decide to part with their pair, by all means send me a PM :wink:

Dec 11, 2020 at 5:12 PM Post #795 of 2,079
You should have tried the Plantronics BackBeat Pro :wink:

Is your H7's power slider still working flawlessly?
Yes indeed. My fingers however do not always communicate in an unambiguous way :beyersmile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back