NEW Bang & Olufsen Beoplay H95 ANC Headphones - Reviews & Impressions
Jul 26, 2021 at 12:57 PM Post #1,381 of 2,077
Bought the H95 today.
Amazing headphones.
The H95 is head and shoulders above all closed wireless HP I own: Audeze Mobius, xm3, momentum 3, H9 gen 1.
Compared to my Ananda BT with Ldac, the Ananda's are a step above the H95, but they are a completely different headphone.

Yes the H95 is expensive, but worth every penny...

Jul 28, 2021 at 12:48 PM Post #1,382 of 2,077
Hi to all, maybe tis is ask alot here , but with sumer holiday around the corner what are or is a really good movie for the beoplay h95, where they really shine and show there full sound capabilities, realy need to fall in love with them again , dont get me wrong, they stil fantastic but whit all the docu and series where they talk i cant here the difference.

stay safe and enjoy the holidays

Jul 28, 2021 at 1:02 PM Post #1,383 of 2,077
Hi to all, maybe tis is ask alot here , but with sumer holiday around the corner what are or is a really good movie for the beoplay h95, where they really shine and show there full sound capabilities, realy need to fall in love with them again , dont get me wrong, they stil fantastic but whit all the docu and series where they talk i cant here the difference.

How about trying Pink Floyd live in Gdańsk?

Not a movie, but anyway....

Jul 29, 2021 at 9:54 AM Post #1,384 of 2,077

"The life of David Gale" (Netflix). Very good film with good music.

Jul 31, 2021 at 8:05 AM Post #1,385 of 2,077
Guys... Can I drop a bomb?
To me the H95 sounds scaringly similar to the qc35 ii that I just got for 110£
To me the Bose has slightly recessed mids in comparison a tad more soundstage and slightly pumped bass
But they are not much worse at all, especially for casual listening in the bus/train/street
On critical listening instead, there is zero listening fatigue, more microdetails and holographic sound on the h95
Anyone got the same impressions?

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2021 at 6:54 AM Post #1,386 of 2,077
Recently I purchased the B&O HX and I really like the balanced and warm sound signature. Unfortunately, the fit on the headphones is a tad loose which means I will most likely have to return them... ( guess I got spoilt by the very comfortable BOSE QC35 II as my portable listening device). I do not have a store near me that has the H95s to try on and I was wondering if the fit for them is a bit better than the HX. Is there anyone here who has tried both?

Aug 3, 2021 at 8:39 AM Post #1,387 of 2,077
Recently I purchased the B&O HX and I really like the balanced and warm sound signature. Unfortunately, the fit on the headphones is a tad loose which means I will most likely have to return them... ( guess I got spoilt by the very comfortable BOSE QC35 II as my portable listening device). I do not have a store near me that has the H95s to try on and I was wondering if the fit for them is a bit better than the HX. Is there anyone here who has tried both?

I did.

Yes. Everything about the H95 is miles better compared to HX, except (in my opinion) the design/aesthetic.

Comfort is better, the earpads are plushier and larger and you don't feel the additional weight.
Sound is much better.
ANC is much better.
Battery life is a bit better.
Build quality is much better.
Controls are much better.

I actually prefer the case of the HX though.

Aug 3, 2021 at 8:53 AM Post #1,388 of 2,077

I owning both before and I returning the HX very quickly, the next day.

I have exactly the same opinion like matteventu, in all aspects he mentioning.

Aug 3, 2021 at 10:44 AM Post #1,389 of 2,077
Great! Thanks for the replies.
Guess I'll travel a bit further to try the H95. I feel like one of the issues with the HX is that the earpads are round, which is something that shouldn't be included with portable headphones at this price point(IMO). Some people don't seem to mind cause it can create a different soundstage, but with portable headphones, you expect that a comfortable fit is one of the priorities. Personally, I have kind of a small head, same for my ears, which could be a reason as to why it might sit a bit lose. But then it got me thinking, how on earth are people with slightly larger ears supposed to use these? It'll be like on-ear headphones haha.

Aug 3, 2021 at 1:30 PM Post #1,390 of 2,077
Great! Thanks for the replies.
Guess I'll travel a bit further to try the H95. I feel like one of the issues with the HX is that the earpads are round, which is something that shouldn't be included with portable headphones at this price point(IMO). Some people don't seem to mind cause it can create a different soundstage, but with portable headphones, you expect that a comfortable fit is one of the priorities. Personally, I have kind of a small head, same for my ears, which could be a reason as to why it might sit a bit lose. But then it got me thinking, how on earth are people with slightly larger ears supposed to use these? It'll be like on-ear headphones haha.

I can't remember what's the clamping force of the H95 like, but I can confirm that the HX feel more loose on the head compared to the H9 3rd Gen.

Aug 5, 2021 at 8:50 AM Post #1,392 of 2,077
Hello, thank you for welcoming me to the forum!

I've been using a BeoPlay H6 2nd Gen for about 5 years and still love the sound. However, when I'm on the road, the cable bothers me, so I wanted to switch to Bluetooth. I went to the B&O store and directly auditioned both the HX and H95 in comparison to my H6. Took me almost an hour in the store, always changing back and forth.

My conclusion, in terms of sound:

H6 2nd Gen > H95 > HX

I suspect that is due to the Bluetooth connection and the respective codecs. Some parts in songs sound very compressed and almost painful. The H95 handles it a bit better, but the H6 makes it sound so much smoother. Can't put it more accurately unfortunately. Listening via an iPhone, so maybe Android users have a different experience.

Has anyone had the same experience as me?

Otherwise, I think they're actually very awesome, especially the controls. Well, wearing comfort could be better, the ear cups are a bit too narrow for my taste. But a whole 800 euros for a "subpar" sound experience? Worth it? Had considered ordering them for the 30-day test period, in the hope that my impression would change. But I'm not sure if that makes sense.

EDIT:

Also,

(1) when using USB Audio on iPhone, would (singleport) lightning to camera adapter + USB A to C cable work?
(2) Is there a full list of changelogs available? I've been reading through reviews since day one and would like to have a quick overview if some of the issues have been addressed so far.

I will speaking about the differences in sound only. But I first need telling you that I never trying the h6 (first or second generation).

I think your perception of better sound in the h6 than h95 is because the tuning (frequency response) is very different in this 2 headphones, and not because one is wired and the other is bluetooth (I use iPhone too, by the way, and MacBook Pro).

You saying that you using the h6 for 5 years and this is a sound that is very, very familiar for you. BUT the reality is that the frequency response of the h6 isn't very good, and is a warm/dark sounding headphone, and this is the reason that for you the sound is "smooth". The h95, in contrast, is having more correct presence in the mids and treble and this is making you not liking some music and sounding for you sometimes "almost painful".

The aac codec in the iPhone is very, very good and in blind tests is really difficult knowing when you're listening wired or wireless.

A long time ago somebody in this thread saying something similar than you (preferring the sound of h6 than h95) and later they having opposite opinion. The h95 is giving you a more correct sound than the h6. In poor masters or recordings the h6 will maybe giving you better tolerance for your ears because of the dips in the frequency curve that is making the h6 less revealing.

Aug 9, 2021 at 8:29 PM Post #1,393 of 2,077
I had a pair of H95's back in the spring and returned them due to what can best be described as a coil whine for about 5 seconds when starting audio with transparency on full and again for 5 seconds when turning audio off. They also had a rather audible hiss that was definitely distracting during videos that had only narration. At the time a few others reported a similar experience.

For those that have purchased more recently (after April 1), have you had similar experiences? I am considering grabbing them again because my AirPods Max are just not comfortable, especially with ANC on. I get sick from the cabin pressure.

Aug 11, 2021 at 3:38 AM Post #1,394 of 2,077
Today I realised for the first time a notable hissing, that becomes louder, while turning ANC to max or while turning Transparency to max. Only in neutral position it is away. I tested this while no music was playing. I‘m not sure but I believe this hissing was not so loud the time before.

Aug 23, 2021 at 4:21 AM Post #1,395 of 2,077
Today I got my new headphone stand for the airpods max, but it also fits very well with my H95.

Attachments

• 82D78FF2-ABC1-4178-A69E-2B781EF60A11.jpeg
    82D78FF2-ABC1-4178-A69E-2B781EF60A11.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • E1B5D40C-155A-403E-9722-3C0F73F0B4F1.jpeg
    E1B5D40C-155A-403E-9722-3C0F73F0B4F1.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 9767315F-A98D-4BFF-95C8-F5A4A79B80A7.jpeg
    9767315F-A98D-4BFF-95C8-F5A4A79B80A7.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 80A85835-1181-4648-B137-3F7BE821E24B.jpeg
    80A85835-1181-4648-B137-3F7BE821E24B.jpeg