New BA IEMs from Brainwavz?
Nov 28, 2016 at 2:27 PM Post #47 of 187
Aw man, looks like I missed out on this round of review units. Oh well. I hope all yall enjoy the ones you've gotten, as I'm pretty excited to hear about these little guys.

Nov 28, 2016 at 9:38 PM Post #48 of 187

​
Please keep in mind that the build quality of this particular example is NOT representative of the final product. Only their sound signature is final.

​

That said, I hope the physical design/ergonomics on the release product are the same because they look nice and are insanely comfortable. 

After spending about 4 hours today listening to the FIA World Rallycross Championship and a couple more hours with music, I can say their sound is about what you would expect from a single BA unit; a bit thin with emphasis on treble and mids and bass quantities on the low side (it digs pretty deep for a BA though). That said, they have this specific lightness to their sound that I personally haven't come across with any other BA unit. As a result they are really, really quick, deadly accurate, and pull swaths of detail out of everything.

As always, these are early impressions and are subject to change with more listening time, but at first glance I think these are going to be well-liked among the Head-fi crowd.

EDIT * I added the silicone ear guides. Underneath is a thin ear guide similar to the one used on the XFIT XF-200.*

EDIT 2 * Should anyone care, the ear tips on the release product will be black, not red as shown here. Personally, I kinda like the red.*

Nov 28, 2016 at 11:18 PM Post #49 of 187
Just a quick FYI, the units that are with some people are pre-productiion (PP), the final version will look the same, except the overall look of the housing will be more polished off.  The cable will also have a memory wire feature and the portion of the cable from the plug to the the splitter will be our new twisted cable (what we are using in our new M100 and similar to what we have used in our older M series).

Also to any reviewers with the PP units, they are using a 4 pole plug, this may cause issue on some devices, the final versions will use 3 pole plugs as the B series will not come with any in line remote.

Finally the B series pricing and tentative release dates:

B100 (Single BA) - under $60 ~ Mid to end Dec 2016
B150 (Single BA) - under $110 ~ Mid to end Dec 2016
B200 (Dual BA) - under $230 ~ End of Jan 2017
B300CD (Ceramic housing, detachable cable, Triple BA + Single dynamic) - under $300 ~ Releasing Mid 2017

The B100, B150 and B200 will use the same housing design.

Cheers
Raz.

Nov 28, 2016 at 11:38 PM Post #50 of 187
  Just a quick FYI, the units that are with some people are pre-productiion (PP), the final version will look the same, except the overall look of the housing will be more polished off.  The cable will also have a memory wire feature and the portion of the cable from the plug to the the splitter will be our new twisted cable (what we are using in our new M100 and similar to what we have used in our older M series).

Also to any reviewers with the PP units, they are using a 4 pole plug, this may cause issue on some devices, the final versions will use 3 pole plugs as the B series will not come with any in line remote.

Finally the B series pricing and tentative release dates:

B100 (Single BA) - under $60 ~ Mid to end Dec 2016
B150 (Single BA) - under $110 ~ Mid to end Dec 2016
B200 (Dual BA) - under $230 ~ End of Jan 2017
B300CD (Ceramic housing, detachable cable, Triple BA + Single dynamic) - under $300 ~ Releasing Mid 2017

The B100, B150 and B200 will use the same housing design.

Cheers
Raz.

Wow, I'm excited to see what you guys can do with the B300CD, maybe light a fire under RHA. Competitive pricing is the consumer's friend after all!

Nov 29, 2016 at 12:26 AM Post #52 of 187
  [...]  The cable will also have a memory wire feature and the portion of the cable from the plug to the the splitter will be our new twisted cable (what we are using in our new M100 and similar to what we have used in our older M series). [...]

That's great to hear! That would definitely be better-suiting for the B100.

eek.gif
 Colour me excited!!!
A hybrid IEM from Brainwavz Audio that is leaving the entry-level territory? My excitement is quite high!

Anyway guys, let me share some brief initial impressions of the B150:

The sound is surprisingly full and warm, without neglecting the musicality. It is definitely none of those Single-BA IEMs that are tuned for a neutral-ish response with only slight additions to the frequency response (imagine it as addressing the "case of the missing 6 dB" with a slight addition to the sound). Definitely not an in-ear for people who want an impactful and bass-driven sound (there are other dynamic driver in-ears that might fit better for this), rather for those who want the nimbleness and coherency of a Single-BA in-ear but don't want a "boring" sound.
Initial impressions are relatively positive, with a warm-ish and somewhat dark sound and a laid-back but not overly subdued upper treble.
The soundstage isn't bad either - not the largest in size but the separation is quite good.

Nov 29, 2016 at 6:36 AM Post #55 of 187

[...]

Holy. Moly.
Now that gets me real excited. And under 300$?

Nov 29, 2016 at 6:51 AM Post #56 of 187
  *Everything that was here was totally awesome news*

Cheers
Raz.

Thanks for sharing that info Raz. Seeing the B100 come in under 60 bucks is pretty awesome! That they'll be equipped with the same cable as the M100 is also good news. It's a stellar cable. Looking forward to that hybrid. Brainwavz is on a roll!

Nov 29, 2016 at 8:04 AM Post #57 of 187
The nozzles are extremely narrow on the B100. It's a good thing the large tips fit me because these would be difficult for tip rolling

Think you have that backwards. Bigger nozzles are actually less versatile for tip rolling cause Shure olives, Ety Tri's, Westone Star tips etc. won't fit no matter what and narrow nozzles fit all cause you can make/use adapters to use larger ones on them. 
wink_face.gif

Nov 29, 2016 at 2:30 PM Post #58 of 187
Dammit. Missed FedEx delivery today... Tomorrow then!

Nov 30, 2016 at 7:40 AM Post #59 of 187
Seriously loving these little B100s right now. While they focus on mids and treble, I'm finding more and more that they're very capable in the low end. Their bass certainly isn't ever-present and only presents itself when called upon. A good example would be Fractal's ethereal Mountain Hunter;

This won't be for everyone, but rally car sounds disgustingly good through the B100. 
biggrin.gif
 That noise!!

Nov 30, 2016 at 8:52 PM Post #60 of 187
  Seriously loving these little B100s right now. While they focus on mids and treble, I'm finding more and more that they're very capable in the low end. Their bass certainly isn't ever-present and only presents itself when called upon. A good example would be Fractal's ethereal Mountain Hunter;

​

This won't be for everyone, but rally car sounds disgustingly good through the B100. 
biggrin.gif
 That noise!!

​

I agree, I'm seriously enjoying the B100 much more than I expected.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back