New BA IEMs from Brainwavz?
Aug 24, 2016 at 3:05 AM Post #17 of 187
Sorry I am a little late to the party just been busy finishing off work related issues fun as always. 

Right heard these things at CanJam can't remember which ones but to my knowledge it must have been there soon to be flagship, all I can say is how impressed I was with it. Still design work to be done with the cable but there is an addictive quality about the sound please keep your eye on these. 

Going from memory it was one of the few earphones at the show I can hand on heart say I was truly impressed with, beautiful vocals, comfortable fit, very well rounded bass (including sub bass especially for a BA), and the detail you get for the price is just spectacular! I will say the soundstage did seem a bit intimate but honestly I liked them that way as soon as these are out I'd have my money ready to go. 

Not sure what these will market at but it is Brainwavz so you know they will be listed at a more than a competitive price.

I'll try and answer any questions but this is going off memory and I won't be able to say too much on sound because it's not fair without the earphones in front of me. 

Did anyone else get to try these out with a good DAP? I was using an AR20 running FLAC my jaw was beginning to open a little as Ed Sheeran popped on was oh so sweet. 

Aug 25, 2016 at 7:30 AM Post #22 of 187
I love the S5. Very interested in seeing what Brainwavz could do with some BAs
biggrin.gif

Think of the S5 much better treble definition, smoother mids and tighter bass. 

Aug 25, 2016 at 2:06 PM Post #23 of 187

Well this is a dream, mostly to the better treble definition that the S5 was lacking in a bit (I guess it was a compromise to make these more appealing to masses). Is it only treble definition or extension as well?

Aug 25, 2016 at 8:50 PM Post #24 of 187
  Well this is a dream, mostly to the better treble definition that the S5 was lacking in a bit (I guess it was a compromise to make these more appealing to masses). Is it only treble definition or extension as well?

Yeah I guess I did review the S5 but honestly this new BA earphone is a league above it in just about every way. I can't really give too many impressions as I'm going on memory alone and it wouldn't be fair to say anything as these weren't even the final version.

I will say this though I was smiling ear to ear with pleasure listening to these, I love Brainwavz and their house sound but there was always something missing from me giving them a full 5* as soon as I get my hand on a sample for review I will do my very best to convey everything this earphone is about. 

I can't see many people being disappointed with these they are just so friendly and do so much right. The official release date can't get here soon enough. 

Anyone got any suggestions on the best hard wired cable to be used on these bad boys?

Aug 25, 2016 at 9:28 PM Post #25 of 187
  Yeah I guess I did review the S5 but honestly this new BA earphone is a league above it in just about every way. I can't really give too many impressions as I'm going on memory alone and it wouldn't be fair to say anything as these weren't even the final version.

I will say this though I was smiling ear to ear with pleasure listening to these, I love Brainwavz and their house sound but there was always something missing from me giving them a full 5* as soon as I get my hand on a sample for review I will do my very best to convey everything this earphone is about. 

I can't see many people being disappointed with these they are just so friendly and do so much right. The official release date can't get here soon enough. 

Anyone got any suggestions on the best hard wired cable to be used on these bad boys?

Are you saying these have a detachable cable?

Aug 25, 2016 at 9:36 PM Post #26 of 187
No not at all just remember they are watching for some constructive posts and after speaking to the team they weren't set on the cable demoded on the prototype.

If they decide not to go with a non removable cable which seems to be the case just wondering what kind of cable people would like to see. Personally I was a fan of the one used on the Dunu 2000 not too stiff or thin maybe just a touch on the heavy side but not really a big deal.

Aug 25, 2016 at 9:41 PM Post #27 of 187
Aug 25, 2016 at 10:30 PM Post #28 of 187

Sounds good to me. I love the S5's mellow treble presentation to be honest. Not at all abrasive but still manages enough energy to be entertaining. I'd prefer more forward over smoother mids, but one or the other will do, haha.

Aug 26, 2016 at 5:39 AM Post #30 of 187

Sounds good to me. I love the S5's mellow treble presentation to be honest. Not at all abrasive but still manages enough energy to be entertaining. I'd prefer more forward over smoother mids, but one or the other will do, haha.

Just wait bud I loved this new model. Mids are one of the main thing I like to see in an earphone when done right. 

The fact Brainwavz went out and made their own BA drivers(I think...) means I didn't hear any of that sharp TWFK kind of treble. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back