New BA IEMs from Brainwavz?
Aug 16, 2016 at 2:36 PM Post #2 of 187
guess it's not a secret anymore 
tongue.gif

glad to see Brainwavz are getting serious with BA stuff. The B2 was simply outstanding!

Aug 16, 2016 at 2:55 PM Post #3 of 187
Agree - loved the B2.  If they can build on that legacy, it will be very interesting to see what they develop.

Aug 18, 2016 at 7:44 AM Post #4 of 187
Hi Brooko & Zelda

I love the B2 for their clear bright forward sound (have flc8 set to bright/green mids sound too) ... can you point me in the direction of full size headphones with similar sound sig? (I have Senn HD700 - which I really like for classical and jazz .. but pop still feels a bit recessed [especially after coming off the portable rig with B2s)

Thanks for any suggestions 

Aug 18, 2016 at 8:36 AM Post #5 of 187
  Hi Brooko & Zelda

I love the B2 for their clear bright forward sound (have flc8 set to bright/green mids sound too) ... can you point me in the direction of full size headphones with similar sound sig? (I have Senn HD700 - which I really like for classical and jazz .. but pop still feels a bit recessed [especially after coming off the portable rig with B2s)

Thanks for any suggestions 

On a budget - Beyer DT880, or if you have a little more $$ to play with, the Beyer T1.

If you don't mind a narrower stage, you could also try Grado.  My favourite was the SR325 (mine was a custom woody), but even a SR60 or SR80 is a good place to start.

Aug 18, 2016 at 9:03 AM Post #6 of 187
Hmm, thanks ... T1 are a bit pricey ... had Grado125, liked the sound but not a fan of on-ears .... sr325 with Senn700 pads or similar would be perfect  :wink:

I'll try to get my hands on 880s to try out....

cheers

ps - I might visit the hd700 forum too - eq to bring the recessed mids forward without messing the overall sound up ... no experience with eq....

thanks again

Aug 18, 2016 at 9:04 AM Post #7 of 187
Yea, Grado could be a good option for bright signature. 
I could still suggest the SoundMagic HP200 if you have a good source for them. will be great for for pop/rock

Aug 18, 2016 at 9:20 AM Post #8 of 187
Thx Zelda ... hp200, hmm, I'll keep an eye open ... have to say that Grado 325 interested me for a long time - bought the 125 instead due to cost, didn't like the fit (even bought the big foam bowls) ... maybe I need to research if there're big super-comfy pads from other manufacturers I could fit .. and then do try the 325.... 

Aug 18, 2016 at 3:34 PM Post #9 of 187
If you liked the 325 but don't like the fit, changing pads will alter the sound too much.  In that case I'd suggest Beyer as your next audition.

Aug 18, 2016 at 7:28 PM Post #11 of 187
Thx Brooko re the 325 .

Sorry for highjacking the thread towards headphones....    going back to the Brainwavz - my understanding is that the B2 was a rebranded (?or other way round) Fisher Audio product ....

http://theheadphonelist.com/headphone_review/brainwavz-b2/ ...  So maybe there will be a new line of Fisher Audio IEMs with very similar properties? Or is this triple BA model from Fisher now the rebranded Brainwavz?       http://www.head-fi.org/t/690252/fischer-audio-tba-04-review-triple-balanced-armature

Any comment on that? 

Aug 18, 2016 at 7:42 PM Post #12 of 187
B2 was a DBA02 rebrand, like the M2 and M3 were
but with the Brainwavz own S line and the rest of their last earphones, we might see their own new BA series instead of just rebranding. 

Aug 18, 2016 at 11:25 PM Post #13 of 187
I am very excited to see what Brainwavz does in the audiophile department.

Aug 19, 2016 at 4:24 AM Post #14 of 187
What what, Brainwavz is going to have BA series :wink:

The new line is in the works right now, we showed off the 3 new models, the B100 (single), B150 (single)  and B200 (dual)  at Canjam London, i believe the overall reaction to the new line was very positive, the vast majority really liked the sound signature of the B200 and we got a lot of great feedback from the headfiers that tested them out.

There is still much to do with finishing off the tooling and tweaking the sound, however we may set up a tour for the B200 next month and will reach out to people on head-fi.

The new line up should be released by middle of October if everything goes to plan.

Aug 19, 2016 at 1:35 PM Post #15 of 187
  What what, Brainwavz is going to have BA series :wink:

The new line is in the works right now, we showed off the 3 new models, the B100 (single), B150 (single)  and B200 (dual)  at Canjam London, i believe the overall reaction to the new line was very positive, the vast majority really liked the sound signature of the B200 and we got a lot of great feedback from the headfiers that tested them out.

There is still much to do with finishing off the tooling and tweaking the sound, however we may set up a tour for the B200 next month and will reach out to people on head-fi.

The new line up should be released by middle of October if everything goes to plan.

Wow, that's really cool. I just finished up a review of the BLU-200, and was impressed by it's sonic prowess, besides being a $60 Bluetooth earphone. I get the feeling these new BA ones will be very promising.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back