New BA IEMs from Brainwavz?
Jan 31, 2017 at 10:46 PM Post #166 of 187
Got my B150 a few days ago.

First of all, I don't have a lot of experience with hifi equipment so I might not know what's normal and standard. My previous serious headphones are UE600 (iem) and Shure srh440 (headphones). I'm currently using stock computer audio because of lack of money. I'm quite heavy equalizer user.

Sound: More aggressive sounding than I expected. Then I read again more carefully that these focus on upper mids and that upper mids mean frequencies around 2khz-4khz. Especially at 2k there was quite a peak. The sound lacks body in my opinion, frequencies around 300hz-1khz, even with equalizer the upper mids and treble push through quite hard and persistently. The said upper mids and treble are very crisp and clear though, which is good. Bass is tight and impactful and extension is really good.

Fit and comfort is bit complicated. The design and shape is otherwise logical and fitting but it has lots of points and edges that touch parts of my ears that wouldn't be necessary, a simpler design would do. Most parts of the cable feel good quality, but the memory wire part at the ear is very springy and will probably take very long time to settle and sit properly around the ear. Then there's an adjuster from the y-split part that I found very useful. You can pull it upwards so that the wires tighten around the area of your neck and chin. It prevents the cables from moving around and therefore removes microphonics effectively.

Then the silicone tips (I prefer silicone over foam): They are very thick and with matte surface that makes is not slide easily in and out of the ear (pro or con? For me a con). My problem is that the medium sized tips don't seal and the big ones are painfully big. My other ear canal is oddly shaped so I would have needed more soft and flexible tips. I tried adapting for a few days but no, they don't fit my ears.

So, I need help finding softer silicone tips that would fit these, but I wonder if there even are ones as the nozzles are thinner than usual. The UE 600 ones would be exactly what I need: big and flexible: https://www.amazon.com/Original-Ultimate-Replacement-Silicone-replacement/dp/B00BQ6ME7E But they are for bigger nozzle size...

Feb 1, 2017 at 3:49 AM Post #168 of 187
I've been using UE 600. Source (I'm not sure if you meant hardware or audio file): stock motherboard audio, Asus Z97-P it has Realtek® ALC891. Doesn't say anything to me, but probably not best ever. I don't know what impedance headphones it's good for and if how much it would affect frequency response but it does sound a bit better than my phone or laptop. UE 600 impedance is pretty low, around 14ohm (different informations everywhere). I mostly listen to 320k mp3s, anime, vocaloid, rock, heavy metal.

Feb 17, 2017 at 1:34 PM Post #176 of 187
Just posted my review of B200:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/brainwavz-b200/reviews/18045

Enjoy! 
smile.gif

And I saw pre-order of B200 with pre-order price on Brainwavz website:
http://www.brainwavzaudio.com/collections/earphones/products/b200-dual-balanced-armature-earphones

Feb 18, 2017 at 3:00 PM Post #177 of 187
Really impressed with the B100's. Superb imaging, good mids and highs, bass is adequate. I wish the cable was detachable, either MMCX or two pin would have been amazing.

I should try more single BA IEM's. Are there any IEM's which have wide soundstage?

Well done Brainwavs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back