NEW! B&W p3 headphones in white or black
May 15, 2012 at 8:23 PM Post #91 of 163
I haven't viewed the thread (not even the unboxing video) but I wanted to say that the P3 looks great; almost as sexy as the P5.  Now that I'm subbed to the thread, I'll give it a read later.

I really should give B&W headphones a try, at my local Apple Store (groan) if necessary.  They don't interest me one bit outside of aesthetics, but I'm open to having my mind changed.

May 16, 2012 at 2:58 AM Post #92 of 163
Hahaha sorry Sonic Boom but I have changed my mind . . . you can take the headphones that I told you to add to your list off the list. I am no longer interested in those headphones.

May 19, 2012 at 6:26 AM Post #94 of 163
Quote:
Unboxing video from What HiFi

I *adore* that carry case.

Ended up returning my P5s because the build was just not satisfactory. It looked nice, certainly, but my pair had plenty wrong with it: scuffs all over the metal hinges, cables leading to the earcups that didn't have enough give and felt too tight, fraying all over said cables, and most of all a rattle in the right earcup. The package was fully sealed when I got it, so I'm wondering if someone at the factory didn't mess around with them, or if they perhaps repackaged a used pair as new.

I'm willing to try another pair of P5s when I order the P3 tho. I liked their sound, which is curious given most people seem to hold an opinion inverse to mine: nice build but lousy sound.

May 19, 2012 at 2:13 PM Post #95 of 163
the zeppelin  is a nice buy imho. The air is worth the extra, I heard them both side by side and the old zeppelin's bass doesnt go quite deep enough and becomes distorted. The air is simpley amazing though i advise you to atleast listen to it.

On-topic:

Can't wait to hear these! I'm probably gunna get alot of stick for this but I own a pair of P5s and HD25s and i find the HD25s to be very..... artificial. it does have character and punch and that PRaT people go on about but I always find myself to go back to the P5s with the thick mids and relaxing sound signature. I just wish the combined both to make a clear, thick sounding headphone.

May 19, 2012 at 5:26 PM Post #96 of 163
A clear, thick sounding headphone? Isn't that a contradiction?
biggrin.gif

May 21, 2012 at 2:44 AM Post #98 of 163
Sounds like a repack 
redface.gif
 If the seal was not circular tape then you know for sure. I've had to repack P5 returns at my job, and the simplicity of the content packaging makes it really easy. Also, if you bought in a retail store/shop; the box is sometimes in a foam bag straight from the factory proving it's brand new
Quote:

I *adore* that carry case.

Ended up returning my P5s because the build was just not satisfactory. It looked nice, certainly, but my pair had plenty wrong with it: scuffs all over the metal hinges, cables leading to the earcups that didn't have enough give and felt too tight, fraying all over said cables, and most of all a rattle in the right earcup. The package was fully sealed when I got it, so I'm wondering if someone at the factory didn't mess around with them, or if they perhaps repackaged a used pair as new.

I'm willing to try another pair of P5s when I order the P3 tho. I liked their sound, which is curious given most people seem to hold an opinion inverse to mine: nice build but lousy sound.

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
May 21, 2012 at 8:01 PM Post #100 of 163
Quote:
What Hi-Fi 5-Star Review.... http://www.whathifi.com/review/bw-p3

"Caress rather than clamp your ears" - just what I was hoping to hear.

I don't trust much on WHF reviews on headphones, they think the 598's is a boring headphone when i think the opposite way. 

May 22, 2012 at 1:20 PM Post #102 of 163
The lack of Y-Axis movement is worrying as my ears are far from flat. So these will cause a heck more discomfort as they'll push my ears back with the clamping.

I am not sure why I'm still lusting after these however..  given my portable setup consists of the Ed8 and Heir8.A

May 22, 2012 at 5:11 PM Post #103 of 163
So I'm really new to the headphones world. I mean the best headphones I've had so far have been Sennheisser PMX 80s lol and Im planning to buy the ATH-50s with coiled cord. Ive been researching in several headphones sites and they seem a really good deal and are highly awarded. My question here is for you (since you are online and could help me out faster) or for everyone else who might want to help me out. So should I go for the ATH-50s or should I try the new P3. What is your experience with B&W headphones? Do you think ATH-50s deliver more? I mean look from where Im coming from and I mostly listen to rock, hip hop, Trance music and Reggae-Roots music. Thanks so much for you help :)

May 22, 2012 at 5:24 PM Post #104 of 163
Quote:
So I'm really new to the headphones world. I mean the best headphones I've had so far have been Sennheisser PMX 80s lol and Im planning to buy the ATH-50s with coiled cord. Ive been researching in several headphones sites and they seem a really good deal and are highly awarded. My question here is for you (since you are online and could help me out faster) or for everyone else who might want to help me out. So should I go for the ATH-50s or should I try the new P3. What is your experience with B&W headphones? Do you think ATH-50s deliver more? I mean look from where Im coming from and I mostly listen to rock, hip hop, Trance music and Reggae-Roots music. Thanks so much for you help :)

we really dont know, not really anyone here has tried the p3s yet, but I would just get the m50s because they are better bet for a first higher quality headphones, you cant really go wrong with them

May 25, 2012 at 11:27 PM Post #105 of 163
Well, the main advantage you'll be getting with the P3 are comfort, portability, microphone/ ctrl talk and a shorter/detachable cable. For daily commute, I think I'd pick the B&W just out of convenience; and if they turn out half decent, I think they'd be a much better option than the bulky m50.

Let's wait and see

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back