NEW! B&W p3 headphones in white or black
May 6, 2012 at 1:32 AM Post #31 of 163
Quote:
I sure hope that these headphones aren't too much like the P5's because I can honestly say that I HATED those headphones . . . didn't stay on your head and they were WAY to uncomfortable . . . but I'd be willing to give these headphones a try. They have memory foam in the earcups (like my Incase Sonic's so they *should* be a hell of a lot more comfortable then the P5's . . . hopefully when I put them on my ears won't bleed like when I put on the P5's XD. If these headphones are comfortable and they actually stay on my head (unlike the P5's) then I'm sold!

I'm sorry, but do you have a normal shaped head? The P5's are one of the most comfortable headphones ever! /Fact

May 6, 2012 at 3:20 AM Post #34 of 163
The P3 cable will be a challenge from the point of finding replacements.  A 3.5 plug to y-split (2X) 2.5s is fairly unique.  The P5 cable is thin and not known for its durability and assuming the P3 cable is of the same ilk, replacement cables could be be a significant cost in proportion to the headphone.

PS: The P5s are very comfortable and provide excellent sound quality characteristics IMO.  Great for their intended purpose as a portable headphone plugged into a DAP. Very fit for purpose, very under rated (at Headfi) again IMO.

May 6, 2012 at 3:28 AM Post #35 of 163
Quote:
I'm sorry, but do you have a normal shaped head? The P5's are one of the most comfortable headphones ever! /Fact

Quote:
the p5s are the most comfortable on ears I have ever tried

I think it's just that they are on-ears . . . I just don't care for on ears (hopefully these P3's will change that!). B&W can't be held accountable . . . it's just the nature of on-ears I guess. I just find over-the-ears to be WAY more comfortable than any on-ears I have tried!

May 6, 2012 at 3:59 AM Post #37 of 163
i loved the P5....hope this P3 is better..cheaper.

came across this a minute ago...blueant embrace...looks like a close competitor..?
http://www.idealworld.tv/_206332.aspx#
http://www.trustedreviews.com/blueant-embrace_Headphones_review

May 6, 2012 at 5:05 AM Post #39 of 163
My biggest gripe with the P5 are the fabric-covered wires that run up into the headband and extend / contract with the adjustment arms. Due to the design they end up getting frayed due to the adjusting action. The P3 thankfully seems to improve on this design aspect by the looks of it.

May 6, 2012 at 5:52 AM Post #40 of 163
Quote:
B&W make some of the classiest looking headphones!

Yep they're nice looking and comfortable, I know I used to own a pair. To bad they couldn't sound better.

May 6, 2012 at 6:07 AM Post #42 of 163
Quote:
My biggest gripe with the P5 are the fabric-covered wires that run up into the headband and extend / contract with the adjustment arms. Due to the design they end up getting frayed due to the adjusting action. The P3 thankfully seems to improve on this design aspect by the looks of it.

Dual entry, therefore no need for left - right connecting cable at all.  Problem eliminated.

Once a headphone is adjusted, there should be little need to continually move the the headband mechanism, unless different people are using it on a regular basis.  No wear whatsoever on my P5 connector cable.

May 6, 2012 at 6:34 AM Post #43 of 163
Quote:
Dual entry, therefore no need for left - right connecting cable at all.  Problem eliminated.

Once a headphone is adjusted, there should be little need to continually move the the headband mechanism, unless different people are using it on a regular basis.  No wear whatsoever on my P5 connector cable.

Not necessarily. When you have over 100 pairs of headphones, you have to store ones you don't use regularly, and that often requires folding them. Thing is they came that way already in the sealed box. First time I slid the adjuster out I saw it: frayed cables.

Maybe someone at the factory decided to play with them.

May 6, 2012 at 10:21 AM Post #44 of 163
in case you missed it.  I think I'm going with the White one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back