New Australian audio company Audiofly!
May 17, 2012 at 5:47 AM Post #76 of 151
Quote:

Initial Impressions (Day 3)

Pros
  1. Great build quality, metal used well on the jack and housings.
  2. Tangle resistant cable.
  3. These look just amazing and picture do not do these justice. Best looking earphones i have.
  4. Case is very snazzy and nice as well as being small.
  5. Bass has very nice presence which is not overwhelming.
  6. Bass is also very nice quantity wise.
  7. Sound is very airy and sounds stage seems nice so far.
  8. MIds are very clean.

Cons
  1. The cable has held it self in a wavy position from were it was winded.
  2. Tips are not of the best quality.
  3. Tips are hard to fit.
  4. Not available yet :wink:
  5. Treble is so far rolled of and laid back.
  6. Mids have massive decay and are echoey.
  7. Quite rough sounding at points.

So far all seems to be going well. These have about 15 hours burn in now so that my latest. I will do something a lot longer if i can find time but am doing final exams in school and everything is pretty hectic.

Nice initial impressions. 
popcorn.gif

And I must agree that they do look really nice.. I can tell that your camera doesn't give them enough justice. 
wink.gif

May 17, 2012 at 6:14 AM Post #78 of 151
Quote:

Initial Impressions (Day 3)

Pros
  1. Great build quality, metal used well on the jack and housings.
  2. Tangle resistant cable.
  3. These look just amazing and picture do not do these justice. Best looking earphones i have.
  4. Case is very snazzy and nice as well as being small.
  5. Bass has very nice presence which is not overwhelming.
  6. Bass is also very nice quantity wise.
  7. Sound is very airy and sounds stage seems nice so far.
  8. MIds are very clean.

Cons
  1. The cable has held it self in a wavy position from were it was winded.
  2. Tips are not of the best quality.
  3. Tips are hard to fit.
  4. Not available yet :wink:
  5. Treble is so far rolled of and laid back.
  6. Mids have massive decay and are echoey.
  7. Quite rough sounding at points.

So far all seems to be going well. These have about 15 hours burn in now so that my latest. I will do something a lot longer if i can find time but am doing final exams in school and everything is pretty hectic.

Thanks for the update, much appreciated! you're making me really jealous! Someone needs to post up some high quality photos. :p

May 17, 2012 at 12:35 PM Post #80 of 151
When will these be available? I have been waiting since January to see these.

May 17, 2012 at 12:44 PM Post #81 of 151
Quote:
When will these be available? I have been waiting since January to see these.

end of month hopefully. Thats what they are hoping for. check my round up thread in about 10 minutes for some higher quality pics :wink:

May 17, 2012 at 12:48 PM Post #82 of 151
Will all the models be out then? I might want to buy the lower priced models. The hybrid AF78 intrigues me, although I probably won't buy it.

May 17, 2012 at 12:50 PM Post #83 of 151
yeh i think that it will be the planned release date of all their line-up. In fact i will shoot them a e-mail and get some more info for you!
The 78s are pretty nice so far i have found.... but still in the burn in process.

May 17, 2012 at 1:02 PM Post #84 of 151
I have decided not to spend over $100 on any IEM no matter how good it is, so unless the AF78 is ever discounted to under $100 I doubt I would buy it. I would like to read reviews of it comparing it to the cheaper Audiofly IEMs and to other brands of IEMs in a similar price range.

May 17, 2012 at 8:39 PM Post #87 of 151
AF78 really respond to a good desk amp like my E10. It really needs burn-in. They highs are more extended and the bass is deeper with extended burn-in. JK1 look into Audiofly's AF45 if you want a great sound IEM that's under $100 but will compete (and blow away) some earphones at that price.

May 17, 2012 at 11:19 PM Post #88 of 151
I notice the trend of blending Dynamic driver and BA driver in a single IEM... supposedly to take advantage of each nature of the driver. Audiofly AF78 seems taking the same approach.

Dynamic driver by nature would always be slower than BA..., which one is usually taking the mid section? I wonder how the integration to sound so far? especially with AF78?

May 18, 2012 at 12:07 AM Post #90 of 151
if the mid have massive decay... I assume it handled by the dynamic driver then... BA normally would not sounding like that on the mid... (I always like associate BA with planar phones)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back