Congrats!
What are your first impressions?
Bomb us with some pictures
tongue.gif

May 15, 2012 at 11:21 AM Post #65 of 151
Quote:
I just got these in :wink:

Finally! 

Well, get to giving initial impressions. I must say these needed significant burn-in in my opinion. But not that they have opened up some they are performing quite nicely. I won't say much more of anything else until review time.

May 15, 2012 at 11:28 AM Post #66 of 151
Quote:
Congrats!
What are your first impressions?
Bomb us with some pictures
tongue.gif

Quote:
Finally! 

Well, get to giving initial impressions. I must say these needed significant burn-in in my opinion. But not that they have opened up some they are performing quite nicely. I won't say much more of anything else until review time.

Haha indeed guys!
Well i have literally listened to two chilli's songs and a gaslight anthem song and obviously no burn in.
They have big bass presence which i have noticed, its also seems to combine quantity from the dynamic with BA quality, very nice. The mids are not impressing me with lack of details and clarity(this opinion changed on the next song where they sounded quite airy, as i have said very brief). Treble is surprisingly okay with a clear presence but slightly shrouded by mids and bass). I mean these are very brief and i will get to a more detailed and confident impressions later tonight or tomorrow.They also seem very slow and get overwhelmed easily. I do not normally do this initial an impression but as for the requests i gave in :p

Build seems good and these are gorgeous :wink:

As for pictures i will get too that after a bit of listening but i have done a (rather poor) unboxing video which is hitting youtube as we speak!

In all honesty most of them impressions have changed. Will update some proper ones later!

The main thing i am noticing is the LONG DECAY on the mids.

May 16, 2012 at 2:58 AM Post #69 of 151
Quote:
Unboxing of the Audiofly AF78s. Enjoy!​

Man, watching that video makes me really desperate to buy some, I can't wait!! They look absolutely stunning, best looking headphones for their price in my opinion. How tangle resistant is the cable, although it is not a flat cable, it looks really sturdy and pretty tangle free. That jack also looks like I could tow a caravan with it!!

May 16, 2012 at 3:09 AM Post #70 of 151
Quote:
holding things slightly further from the camera/phone/whatever so it's over the minimal focal distance and the device can actually focus
wink.gif
is good

Yeh i struggle with the videos as my tripod is awfully small and the display is flipped upside down when i film. But yeh i will take that on board for next time. I struggle with these unboxings quite a lot though.

Quote:
Man, watching that video makes me really desperate to buy some, I can't wait!! They look absolutely stunning, best looking headphones for their price in my opinion. How tangle resistant is the cable, although it is not a flat cable, it looks really sturdy and pretty tangle free. That jack also looks like I could tow a caravan with it!!

When i watched the video back i could not help but think how much better they look in real life :wink: The cable is yet to tangle for me and i t don't think it will ever majorly. That being said, the cable is very kinked still from the way it was originally wrapped and is not losing that. I already prefer this though to the flat cable on my TDK BA200s. The jack is like you had picked up on a beats!

May 16, 2012 at 3:42 AM Post #71 of 151
Quote:
When i watched the video back i could not help but think how much better they look in real life :wink: The cable is yet to tangle for me and i t don't think it will ever majorly. That being said, the cable is very kinked still from the way it was originally wrapped and is not losing that. I already prefer this though to the flat cable on my TDK BA200s. The jack is like you had picked up on a beats!

Yer I had a feeling the cable would stay kinked like that, but all cables do that to some extent, especially when they have been packaged like that.

Btw, does anyone know when they will be available for purchase? I am soo desperate to buy some its not funny!

May 17, 2012 at 3:15 AM Post #75 of 151

Initial Impressions (Day 3)

Pros
  1. Great build quality, metal used well on the jack and housings.
  2. Tangle resistant cable.
  3. These look just amazing and picture do not do these justice. Best looking earphones i have.
  4. Case is very snazzy and nice as well as being small.
  5. Bass has very nice presence which is not overwhelming.
  6. Bass is also very nice quantity wise.
  7. Sound is very airy and sounds stage seems nice so far.
  8. MIds are very clean.

Cons
  1. The cable has held it self in a wavy position from were it was winded.
  2. Tips are not of the best quality.
  3. Tips are hard to fit.
  4. Not available yet :wink:
  5. Treble is so far rolled of and laid back.
  6. Mids have massive decay and are echoey.
  7. Quite rough sounding at points.

So far all seems to be going well. These have about 15 hours burn in now so that my latest. I will do something a lot longer if i can find time but am doing final exams in school and everything is pretty hectic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back