New Audiophile seeking advice for purchase
Oct 3, 2011 at 5:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Cassiopeia

Head-Fier
Hi Head-fi

Thought that I would give it a try a ask for advice on this website since I know that there are some people her who knows there ***
Anyways, I am looking for a comfortable IEM and that is a big factor. Also build quality should be decent, but not my turning point since i am pretty good at taking care of my stuff. Sound signature is a bassy and fun IEM, else I would just like getting some advice, suggestions and recommendations. Only think that have fell into my eyes, under my research was the IE8 and the Triple fi10. But there are so many to chose from so I got really confused.

Just hoping to get some good and valid help. Thanks 

Oct 3, 2011 at 6:28 PM Post #2 of 9
The Sennheiser IE8 are very engaging and bassy (bass knob) with wider soundstage(highely recommended). I will recommend the JVC FX700 over TF10Pro because it's bass goes deeper and reverb with great midrange details, clear extended highs and wider soundstage. Both IEMs are detailed yet bassy and fun to listen with huge soundstage. The UE TF10Pro are great buy but not detailed and bassy as IE8 and FX700.

Oct 3, 2011 at 7:59 PM Post #3 of 9
The TF10 have a lot of detail but aren't as bassy as the IE8. I'd consider the W3. It is a great recommendation for a fun, comfortable good build quality earphone. So much more comfortable than the triple.fi, in my opinion. I'm a big of the IE8, but they aren't great for genres like classical, acoustic, etc. I find them the bass too rich and they overall too dark.

What kind of music do you listen to?

Oct 3, 2011 at 11:05 PM Post #4 of 9

Quote:
Hi Head-fi

Thought that I would give it a try a ask for advice on this website since I know that there are some people her who knows there ***
Anyways, I am looking for a comfortable IEM and that is a big factor. Also build quality should be decent, but not my turning point since i am pretty good at taking care of my stuff. Sound signature is a bassy and fun IEM, else I would just like getting some advice, suggestions and recommendations. Only think that have fell into my eyes, under my research was the IE8 and the Triple fi10. But there are so many to chose from so I got really confused.

Just hoping to get some good and valid help. Thanks 

The FX700 and W3 are both bassy and fun IMO. These use two different drivers though with the FX700 using a dynamic speaker and W3 using three BAs. Knowing what kind of music you listen to would help. The FX700 hits lower and it's bass is much more realistic than any other earphones I have heard. I can't comment on the TF10s as I have not heard them, but you should keep in mind that fit has often been an issue and if you could try them out before buying that would be best. From what I recall about the IE8 during a brief listening session was that it sounded veiled, and the bass sometimes was overwhelming, so again, it depends on what music you're listening to.  

Oct 4, 2011 at 12:58 AM Post #5 of 9

Quote:
The FX700 and W3 are both bassy and fun IMO. These use two different drivers though with the FX700 using a dynamic speaker and W3 using three BAs. Knowing what kind of music you listen to would help. The FX700 hits lower and it's bass is much more realistic than any other earphones I have heard. I can't comment on the TF10s as I have not heard them, but you should keep in mind that fit has often been an issue and if you could try them out before buying that would be best. From what I recall about the IE8 during a brief listening session was that it sounded veiled, and the bass sometimes was overwhelming, so again, it depends on what music you're listening to.  

I mainly listen to things with bass in it, thing's like hiphop and dubstep. But I generally listen to many genres within the low-mids, and would like if the headphone also puts some weight on the mids. Other than that I do some gaming, so soundstage would just be a side-plus. Thanks for your help so far. 

Oct 4, 2011 at 3:03 PM Post #6 of 9
For stuff like dubstep I would actually recommend Atrio M5. The M5 excels in the sub bass and I haven't heard another IEM that extended deeper. I think you should cross my beloved W3 off your list and narrow it to dynamic driver phones as those will suit your needs better. The FX700 and IE8 both have amazing bass and HUGE soundstage. FX700 has a more controlled and deeper bass whereas the IE8 like I said sound overwhelming at times. The IE8 however has more warmth and has a mid-bass hump (if that's what you're looking for) and the JVCs do not. Again, the IE8 sound veiled whereas the FX700 is more transparent.

Oct 4, 2011 at 3:12 PM Post #7 of 9
Of IEMs i have tried and own id pick these:

IE8 for Dubstep, some electronica, and works great with rap/hiphop. Metal and rock on these can get annoying due to a mid-bass hump
Sony MDREX-1000 for Elevator music, Pink Floyd-ish stuff and the beatles, and everything soft and sexy
Westone 4s and Monster Turbine Pro Coppers for country, soft rock, some rock, and jazz
Etymotic ER-4P/S for Metal, Rock, fast stuff.
Shure SE535 for anything requiring a vast soundstage like big band or Classic Rock, I.E. Joplin or Hendrix

Idk how accurate this is compaired to other peoples ears but this is how i see the IEMs.

Oct 6, 2011 at 10:44 PM Post #9 of 9
I know people are recommending more expensive stuff, but what about the FA Eterna? They are pretty much made for dubstep, they ******* CRUSH bass and have solid overall SQ for $70-ish. Listening to Air Raid by Flux Pavilion with my Eterna delivers bass equivalent to standing next to a subwoofer at a concert 
ksc75smile.gif
 Well...maybe not quite, but delicious nonetheless.

Might be a good idea to try out some lower-tier IEMs to find out what kind of sound sig you are looking for specifically.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back