New Audio Technica Woodies: ATH-W1000Z announced
Mar 20, 2015 at 9:06 PM Post #151 of 259
A while back on my older account I was almost about to buy a W3000ANV, but the seller said he changed his mind and wanted to keep it. From there he sold it to someone else a while later while I was inactive and had no idea it was up for sale at all. So ultimately I've been looking all the time for one that might be for sale in Australia, and the only options are buying from overseas - and copping insurance and taxes - not only that but it would cost me about $500-750 more than what I could have got it for from that sale.

So it really interests me to read here that the W1000Z is quite close to the W3000ANV, as I might very well buy one and sell my W1000X. The W3000ANV was something really special that is for sure - unluckily my only time hearing it was from a friend who desires to never sell it.

Mar 20, 2015 at 10:24 PM Post #152 of 259
  A while back on my older account I was almost about to buy a W3000ANV, but the seller said he changed his mind and wanted to keep it. From there he sold it to someone else a while later while I was inactive and had no idea it was up for sale at all. So ultimately I've been looking all the time for one that might be for sale in Australia, and the only options are buying from overseas - and copping insurance and taxes - not only that but it would cost me about $500-750 more than what I could have got it for from that sale.

So it really interests me to read here that the W1000Z is quite close to the W3000ANV, as I might very well buy one and sell my W1000X. The W3000ANV was something really special that is for sure - unluckily my only time hearing it was from a friend who desires to never sell it.

Unless you're looking for the wooden cup feature and closed design, otherwise consider to try the new ATH-R70x. I really like the ATH-R70x, sounds so smooth and balanced. Vocal sounds perfect on R70x 
normal_smile .gif

Mar 21, 2015 at 7:04 AM Post #153 of 259
Hmm, I'll keep an eye on that one and see how it goes. Looks promising. Thank you for the information
normal_smile .gif

May 20, 2015 at 12:55 AM Post #155 of 259

Any new impressions on this one? Anyone do more comparisons with the W3000ANV?

I'll let you guys know if those assertion in regards to the W1000Z sounding close to the W3000ANV once I receive my W1000Z. I have one on order but they haven't arrived yet.

May 21, 2015 at 1:13 PM Post #157 of 259
New review up at Headfonics:

http://headfonics.com/2015/05/the-ath-w1000z-by-audio-technica/

I am going to have to re-read it, but it seems to suggest that few would be able to tell the difference between these and the w3000ANV in a blind test but that awful fit and seal issues persist with the wing system.

I still have my eyes on the W5000 for my collection, but the possible fit issues are holding me back.

Cheers.

May 21, 2015 at 11:50 PM Post #159 of 259

I am going to have to re-read it, but it seems to suggest that few would be able to tell the difference between these and the w3000ANV in a blind test but that awful fit and seal issues persist with the wing system.

I still have my eyes on the W5000 for my collection, but the possible fit issues are holding me back.

Cheers.

Some inconsistency there, saying that most will fail to tell the difference between the W3000ANV and W1000Z then in a few lines down started stating the W1000Z have noticeably less treble than the W3000ANV.

So noticeable differences that is impossible to tell apart?

May 22, 2015 at 1:56 AM Post #160 of 259

Cheers.

From memory, I think they do sound pretty close. But I didn't compare them side by side, only from memory.

May 22, 2015 at 2:42 AM Post #161 of 259
Not to

From memory, I think they do sound pretty close. But I didn't compare them side by side, only from memory.

Not to worry, I email the place I bought my W1000Z. They said stock is due Tuesday and they will ship it off when it comes in, will take 3-5 business day to arrive.
I will do a lengthy comparison between the W1000X, W3000ANV and the W5000.

May 22, 2015 at 5:03 AM Post #162 of 259
  Not to
Not to worry, I email the place I bought my W1000Z. They said stock is due Tuesday and they will ship it off when it comes in, will take 3-5 business day to arrive.

+1 I am looking forward to that comparison.

Cheers.

May 22, 2015 at 5:06 AM Post #163 of 259
Some inconsistency there, saying that most will fail to tell the difference between the W3000ANV and W1000Z then in a few lines down started stating the W1000Z have noticeably less treble than the W3000ANV.

So noticeable differences that is impossible to tell apart?

I noticed that as well. The review also seemed to state that the review loves the W3000ANV and cannot tell the difference; then states that the TH600 and Z7 are better headphones.
I need to read the review again. I was very tired and at work when I read it yesterday.
I am of course grateful for the review to shed some light on these headphones, but something seems a little off.

Cheers.

May 22, 2015 at 6:05 AM Post #164 of 259
  Not to

Sounds really good! 
regular_smile .gif

May 22, 2015 at 6:10 AM Post #165 of 259

I noticed that as well. The review also seemed to state that the review loves the W3000ANV and cannot tell the difference; then states that the TH600 and Z7 are better headphones.
I need to read the review again. I was very tired and at work when I read it yesterday.
I am of course grateful for the review to shed some light on these headphones, but something seems a little off.

Cheers.

What I can say, W1000Z is tonally colored. Not like ATH-R70x I reviewed recently that sounds so neutral. W1000Z, will be more polarized to woodies fans. Some people would probably love the coloration, but not really for those looking for natural sounding headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back