New Audio Technica Limited Edition Woodies: ATH-ESW9LTD!!
Apr 20, 2015 at 8:44 AM Post #182 of 215
Where is the number at?

Apr 20, 2015 at 8:49 AM Post #183 of 215
Congrats and welcome to the club.
Btw, just curious, what's your serial number?

I found it! Ser. 1322

Can't find any numbers on my esw11ltd

Apr 22, 2015 at 2:00 PM Post #184 of 215
@Hiyono
After you had your fair share of listening through these beauties, could you tell me how you find the esw9ltd compare against the esw11ltd?

Much appreciated
biggrin.gif

Apr 24, 2015 at 12:59 PM Post #185 of 215
Sure,  I'm letting the esw9ltd burn in atm.

Jun 12, 2015 at 12:58 AM Post #186 of 215
  @Hiyono
After you had your fair share of listening through these beauties, could you tell me how you find the esw9ltd compare against the esw11ltd?

Much appreciated
biggrin.gif

I've read a few reviews stating they prefer the ESW9LTD over the ESW10JPN and ESW11LTD and simply put it is an improvement overall.
If that it true it much better value than the ESW11LTD $400 vs $799

Jul 26, 2015 at 5:54 AM Post #187 of 215
Ser.1895 reporting in!

Just got mine a few days ago, only had a few hours with it but am pretty impressed. Am running it through my macbook pro or Cowon J3 unamped. I must admit I have very limited experience with headphones, only had an AT M50 (which I haven't used for a long time becos of the clamping on the arms of my glasses), CK7, ES55 and IM02. You can say I'm a AT fan. =P

Instrument separation is very good and tone is quite nicely balanced. Loving the bass extension and articulation a lot. The bass guitar and bass drums are easily distinguishable and do not get mushed together in fast passages. Bass quantity is also just nice for me, not particularly fond of heavy bass and prefer a clear, slightly brighter sound.

Cheers!

Jul 26, 2015 at 5:59 AM Post #188 of 215

I've read a few reviews stating they prefer the ESW9LTD over the ESW10JPN and ESW11LTD and simply put it is an improvement overall.
If that it true it much better value than the ESW100LTD $400 vs $799

I have the ESW10jpn and the new ESW9LTD. The ESW9LTD is not only a more pleasing sound signature with more instrument seperation, but it brings in much more details to the music; I would consider it higher resolution and not merely a side-grade. A true upgrade.

Also, on a side note, these things are amazing for Autonomous sensory meridian response (ASMR) videos on youtube for relaxing. Better than any headphone other headphones I own. I would suggest everyone to try the ESW9-limited with ASMR videos.

Jul 26, 2015 at 3:32 PM Post #189 of 215
Don't think i agree these are better than the JPN, different. I think the JPN has more detail myself. The JPN is less forgiving and the new 9LTD is warmer like the regular 9. I would say that the 9LTD is between the regular 9 and the JPN, and maybe a touch closer to the JPN, when it comes to separation and detail. The balance on the LTD is very good though for overall sound. They both complement each other very well.

Jul 26, 2015 at 7:36 PM Post #190 of 215
  Don't think i agree these are better than the JPN, different. I think the JPN has more detail myself. The JPN is less forgiving and the new 9LTD is warmer like the regular 9. I would say that the 9LTD is between the regular 9 and the JPN, and maybe a touch closer to the JPN, when it comes to separation and detail. The balance on the LTD is very good though for overall sound. They both complement each other very well.

So the JPN are more detail has better separation than the 9LTD, is that correct?

Reason I asked is because, when I got my 9LTD about 2 month ago. I really thought they was the best portable headphone I've heard so far. I was just blown away by how detail clear the highs and textured the bass was from such small drivers. So I was curious, how the 9LTD sounded.

Jul 26, 2015 at 9:42 PM Post #191 of 215
  So the JPN are more detail has better separation than the 9LTD, is that correct?

Reason I asked is because, when I got my 9LTD about 2 month ago. I really thought they was the best portable headphone I've heard so far. I was just blown away by how detail clear the highs and textured the bass was from such small drivers. So I was curious, how the 9LTD sounded.

JPN mids and lower treble more forward, better detail, also just slightly harder to drive, by a touch. 9ltd more V shaped signature and warmer, more bass but still good balance and detail within the presentation, just not to the 10jpn level. I just put them out of the two ports of my Hugo and picked up one/then the other going back and forth several times to confirm. Both are awesome for sure.

Jul 26, 2015 at 10:44 PM Post #192 of 215

JPN mids and lower treble more forward, better detail, also just slightly harder to drive, by a touch. 9ltd more V shaped signature and warmer, more bass but still good balance and detail within the presentation, just not to the 10jpn level. I just put them out of the two ports of my Hugo and picked up one/then the other going back and forth several times to confirm. Both are awesome for sure.

Thanks Dallan for your impressions.
If your 10JPN or 11LTD needs a new home down under in Australia, let me know. I'm interested :)

Jul 27, 2015 at 7:52 PM Post #193 of 215

Thanks Dallan for your impressions.
If your 10JPN or 11LTD needs a new home down under in Australia, let me know. I'm interested :)

I will keep it in mind. I generally sell nothing but i am somewhat overflowing. One of those may be going at some point before the end of the year. Problems of abundance, too many good Headphones, but i'm sure you know seeing your profile. Australia shipping though sounds tough…  

Jul 27, 2015 at 11:56 PM Post #194 of 215

I will keep it in mind. I generally sell nothing but i am somewhat overflowing. One of those may be going at some point before the end of the year. Problems of abundance, too many good Headphones, but i'm sure you know seeing your profile. Australia shipping though sounds tough…  

Shipping to Australia is not so tough as you might think. I've bought my W3000ANV, LA-7000 from the states just this year alone. Also numerous other headphones like Beats Studio Pro, AKG K7XX, AKG K702 Annies, W1000X just to name a few more.

Jul 28, 2015 at 12:13 AM Post #195 of 215

Shipping to Australia is not so tough as you might think. I've bought my W3000ANV, LA-7000 from the states just this year alone. Also numerous other headphones like Beats Studio Pro, AKG K7XX, AKG K702 Annies, W1000X just to name a few more.

Good to know, I will give you a heads up if I'm going to put one up. 

Buy the way, which gets more head time your W3000anv or the TH900? I was going for the TH900 but had a chance to get the W3000anv for a good price before they were gone and love them, I did like the 900 when i heard them though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back