New Audio Technica Limited Edition Woodies: ATH-ESW9LTD!!
Apr 10, 2016 at 1:05 PM Post #211 of 215
  Nabbed a pair of these off of eBay and absolutely love them! They clearly don't have the finesse of my HE 560s but there is something magical about the decay and overall signature that i can't quite put my finger on. Despite having a TH X00 on the way I REALLY want to buy an Audio Technica full sized woody. Specifically the w1000x or the w5000.

Has anyone got any impressions on the w10000x or the w5000 and how they might compare as a full sized home use version of the esw9LTD?

I have the W1000X and the ESW9LTD.  They are definitely born of the same AT house sound and I like them both.  The W1000X introduces a more expansive soundstage and a reduced warmth as compared to the ESW9LTD.  I find both easy on the ears and can listen to them for hours with no fatigue.

Apr 10, 2016 at 1:51 PM Post #212 of 215
I have the W1000X and the ESW9LTD.  They are definitely born of the same AT house sound and I like them both.  The W1000X introduces a more expansive soundstage and a reduced warmth as compared to the ESW9LTD.  I find both easy on the ears and can listen to them for hours with no fatigue.

Sounds very promising, thankyou for the info!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back