New Audio-Technica Clip-Ons
Mar 2, 2004 at 8:34 AM Post #46 of 57
Quote:

Originally posted by JML
The ATH-EW9 clip-ons are worth every penny I spent for them. Glorious little wonders.

Did the bass response improve over the ATH-EM7?

Mar 2, 2004 at 1:54 PM Post #47 of 57
The bass is really great; for clip-ons, the bass is stunning in depth, speed, and articulation. There's one early review on the forum, and I agree with it totally. The build quality is even improved over the EM7, and they retained all of the good sound and fit of those clipons. The cable is now rubber coated, instead of that fabric, and that's also an improvement.

I wish I knew how they did it.

The KSC-35 is a loose, wooly, muddy, boomy cheapo compared to these.

Mar 2, 2004 at 3:08 PM Post #48 of 57
Quote:

Originally posted by JML
The bass is really great; for clip-ons, the bass is stunning in depth, speed, and articulation. There's one early review on the forum, and I agree with it totally. The build quality is even improved over the EM7, and they retained all of the good sound and fit of those clipons. The cable is now rubber coated, instead of that fabric, and that's also an improvement.

I wish I knew how they did it.

The KSC-35 is a loose, wooly, muddy, boomy cheapo compared to these.

The KSC-35 is also 1/5th the price.

What other phones do you have, and how do they compare to those? Do rate them in a 1-10 scale, with 10 being the best headphones you have, and 1 the worst, etc.

Mar 2, 2004 at 5:51 PM Post #49 of 57
You can look at my profile for a list of what I own.
wink.gif

I said I thought they were worth every penny. I honestly don't think much about the relative costs of headphones until they hit the $400 range; what's more important is how they sound. I'm not a poor student, and I don't trash my equipment or walk around town out of doors with headphones on.

There are two points of diminishing returns on audio equipment, and they tend to move up a bit as your age and income increase. That's true for most other things, too! I like stuff around the first point, and wish I could afford items at the higher point.

Mar 2, 2004 at 6:48 PM Post #50 of 57
Does anyone knows how EW9s compare to EM9s in terms of sound quality? Do they all have same drivers?

Mar 3, 2004 at 2:07 AM Post #51 of 57
Quote:

Originally posted by JML
You can look at my profile for a list of what I own.
wink.gif

I said I thought they were worth every penny. I honestly don't think much about the relative costs of headphones until they hit the $400 range; what's more important is how they sound. I'm not a poor student, and I don't trash my equipment or walk around town out of doors with headphones on.

Ah. You see - the only reason I would get clip-on's is to walk around town out of doors with them on.

smily_headphones1.gif

My reason for asking, then, is so that I know if how they sound is so superior to the KSC-35's that not buying them would be almost the equivalent of blasphemy...

Mar 3, 2004 at 3:38 PM Post #52 of 57
IMHO, there's no comparison between the sound of the two; the AT is far superior. If the price doesn't scare you off, if you don't mind possibly scratching the wood, and if you are willing to run the risk of ruining cable by catching it in a coat or some other thing, then I think you'd agree that the cost is irrelevant. The Koss is a clearly disposable item due to the price, even if they're not really available as a stock item, and there isn't anything in their price range that compares. But if the price doesn't scare you off, the AT is a whole 'nother ballgame.

Mar 3, 2004 at 7:11 PM Post #53 of 57
I've been using a friend's pair of the EM9d's, and I have to agree, the sound of course is far superior that that of the Koss KSC-35's, however, I think the Koss are still better when it comes down to bang for your buck.

Even those these phones sound great, they cost 160 dollars, and I could buy another CD780 or other good cans for home use than jack out that much money for a pair of portables. The EM9d's sound great, but I think I'd still for the Koss, being about 1/5 the price.

Mar 3, 2004 at 11:55 PM Post #55 of 57
It's a good idea to first use the search function (Audio-Technica + Singapore): results

Mar 4, 2004 at 12:09 AM Post #56 of 57
Quote:

Originally posted by whistler
Any comments on this source for ATH-EW9's?

From going thru the thread listed above by JML, it seems there's just to much hassle to order anything from the above AT website link. No online payment accepted, most of the items that aren't available now weren't available months ago and with no idea when they will be in stock, and no response to any emails all make it discouraging to order from the above site despite it's enticing price. Better off going with Audiocubes.

Mar 13, 2004 at 3:43 PM Post #57 of 57
Anyone have any new information regarding the EW9? I have an obsession with AT... haha
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back