f_audiotechnica_athew9.jpg

Audio-Technica ATH-EM9r
f_audiotechnica_athem9r.jpg

Audio-Technica ATH-EM9d
f_audiotechnica_athem9d.jpg

There you go
biggrin.gif

Nov 18, 2003 at 3:23 AM Post #3 of 57
Nice looking cans! But $160-200 for clip-ons????? Could they really sound that good? Who wants to try them first?

Nov 18, 2003 at 3:48 AM Post #7 of 57
Drool.....

ok, who's the millionaire in this forum???... have him/her buy them clip-ons and tell us what if the sound is up to snuff.

Bling, bling son.

biggrin.gif

Nov 18, 2003 at 4:00 AM Post #9 of 57
Nothing wrong with paying for looks.
biggrin.gif
But yeah the price markup is something. I might as well ask a friend in Japan to get stuff. But I rather get ETY's at this price.

Nov 18, 2003 at 4:14 AM Post #10 of 57
why are you people complainign about the price for clip ons? look at the ety's and shures. thay are EARBUDS.

Nov 18, 2003 at 4:25 AM Post #11 of 57
Quote:

why are you people complainign about the price for clip ons? look at the ety's and shures. thay are EARBUDS.

Etys sounds just as good or better than the A1000 (345 dollars)....so think about it. Will this clip on sound better than the 185 dollars A900, probably not?? I think it is too overpriced.

Purk

Nov 18, 2003 at 4:25 AM Post #12 of 57
Quote:

Originally posted by mclaren20

Point taken. Perhaps there is some built in prejudice towards ear-clip phones. Back in 1997 I had the Koss ksc 50 (? - can't remember the model) and it went for $30. It was supposed to be one of the better ones available at that time.

If the audio-tecnica clip-ons had a headband on instead, would we still think they're overpriced?? -

PS - as a proud owner of the Etys 4S, I must make a correction. Them are not merely "earbuds." Them are canalphones.
etysmile.gif

Nov 18, 2003 at 4:27 AM Post #13 of 57
Quote:

Originally posted by mclaren20

I think etys and shures are a special case since they are canalphones. A bit of a different concept than earbuds. I just don't think that clipons will be able to compete with cans in this pricerange, nevermind etys or shures. I guess you are just paying the premium for good looks, but who knows. Maybe these will be the next best portable cans.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 18, 2003 at 4:30 AM Post #14 of 57
I was prepared to pay $150 for the woody's. I am not, however, prepared to pay $200. I could almost get 600's or something for that price.

Nov 18, 2003 at 4:37 AM Post #15 of 57
Maybe this is one of those "less is more" situations...

Since these earclips would be primarily for portable use, who really wants a bunch of size and weight and unnecessary materials? I do think that you're paying for looks, but don't you always - for all things in the consumer world? The point about Ety is also a good one - and certianly the price of Etys has been debated over and over here at head-fi.

Here is a thought. The EW9's sure look to have the same earcups (and I suspect drivers) as the W1000's (the "Soverign") which retail for $399 (or so, it may be $379, I'm not sure). So if the sound matches (or even comes close to) the W1000, wouldn't the EW9's be a relative bargain in the AT line-up?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back