Nov 22, 2003 at 4:47 AM Post #31 of 57
Here
f_audiotechnica_athcm7.jpg

Quote:

Frequency Response: 10 - 45,000Hz

The official SACD and DVD-Audio earbuds
tongue.gif

Nov 22, 2003 at 8:26 AM Post #34 of 57
Good news! Bangraman (of the CD1700 giveaway fame) has kindly offered to send me his EM7's for awhile so I can compare them to the EW9's to establish a base point in terms of how much (if any) improvement the EW9's represent. (Let's hope at least some). I'll also compare the EW9's to the W100 and W1000 for the AT loyalists. The bad news is that it may take a while to get the EW9's from Japan to Florida (first stop) to Cayman, but I'll be sure to post my impressions ASAP.

Nov 22, 2003 at 1:45 PM Post #35 of 57
Be sure to post ure impressions! im thinking of buy them too.... after somone reviews them. Because it's really much money for clip-on's, sure, AT has few bad headphones, but im not willing to pay $200 for a pair of not-so-comfy-clip-ons (at least they look like that, maby you can mod them a bit to make them more comfy) as i could buy a nice amp for my HD600's. But after a amp for my current phones i might buy them.

Btw : THEY ARE SO NICE! /ME LOVES WOOD!
k1000smile.gif

Dec 29, 2003 at 9:40 AM Post #36 of 57
Any news about the EW-9?
I really want a pair of these, but I had a bad experience with AT clip ons in the past. Now I am gun shy, and the 200 bucks makes me even more so.

Dec 29, 2003 at 8:24 PM Post #38 of 57
Would it be safe to assume that these EW-9 sound better than the EM-7?
The EM-7 sound like what I have been looking for as far as tonal quality goes. But the wood, man the wood, I gotta have the wood.
tongue.gif

My KSC-35 have just too much bass for my tastes. I tried the PX100 and they were just as bad.
After listening to Etys all day it is just difficult to slip into a pair of Koss phones
biggrin.gif
I hate to wander the halls of a motel wearing Etys. God knows who or what will sneak up behind me or blindside me on the stairwell.
rolleyes.gif

Dec 29, 2003 at 9:24 PM Post #39 of 57
What a coincidence, i just got my EW9s today and the up pops this thread! Obviously i haven't had much time with these yet, but i suppose i could post some impressions here once i get to do some serious listening.

My first impressions are very favorable, and they really look much better in person than in the pictures. Comfort seems to be very good, i've had them on for about an hour now and they're hardly noticeable. We'll see how things turn out, but it looks like these are going to be my new primary portable 'phones.

Dec 29, 2003 at 9:44 PM Post #40 of 57
Well do keep us informed there Punslayer.

I want these bad.....
But I'm afraid to take the risk you took.
Then again you guys in northern Idaho are tough bunch.
biggrin.gif

Dec 29, 2003 at 10:01 PM Post #41 of 57
well, buying audio equipment blind is pretty much a necessity here, especially headphones and since i really enjoy my other ATs, i figured it was an ok risk to take. And it really seems like this risk was well worth it so far.

Right now these sound very good to me on my portable gear and pretty soon i'll plug them into my meta and they can start going head to head with their big brothers. The only nitpick that i have so far is that there seems to be a very slight harshness in the treble, but i'm pretty sure that will smooth out in time. Otherwise the sound is nicely balanced and very engaging.

I'll probably be able to give impressions by the end of the week, since pretty much all i'm doing this week is listening to music
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 29, 2003 at 10:50 PM Post #42 of 57
I understand that buying blind part.
I'm not really all that far away from you. I was thinking your town was a bit farther north than you are. Then I remembered where your town is.
The last AT clip ons I had were nice in the bass and the lower mids. But did they ever squeel in the highs! A Tracy Ulman song hurt my ears.
eek.gif

Feb 29, 2004 at 6:33 AM Post #44 of 57
Quote:

Originally posted by Wmcmanus
The EW9's sure look to have the same earcups (and I suspect drivers) as the W1000's (the "Soverign") which retail for $399 (or so, it may be $379, I'm not sure). So if the sound matches (or even comes close to) the W1000, wouldn't the EW9's be a relative bargain in the AT line-up?

The W1000 sells for $449 now.

Mar 1, 2004 at 7:16 PM Post #45 of 57
The ATH-EW9 clip-ons are worth every penny I spent for them. Glorious little wonders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back