[NEW] Audio Technica CKR series (CKR10, CKR9, CKR7)
Mar 31, 2014 at 9:37 AM Post #16 of 822
Hmm.

Mar 31, 2014 at 3:03 PM Post #22 of 822
Just need to know now if it has removable cables and I'm all set to pull the trigger once released and I have enough money :grin:

That would be a negative on the removable cables. Doesn't bother me though.

Mar 31, 2014 at 4:27 PM Post #25 of 822
Quoted from av watch

"First impression
 Although it is a short period of time, but I tried to listen to the sound of the new mechanism. Players are using the AK240 of hi-res support.

The effect of attention "DUAL PHASE PUSH-PULL DRIVERS". In 2013, it has released adopted were placed in the "same direction" a dynamic driver of the 2 groups in the tube a "dual Symphonic driver" and "ATH-IM70" and "ATH-IM50" in the Audio-Technica But, it's feature is CKR9/10's placed face-to-face.

Play the "Best of My Love" from the "Fujita Emi / camomile Best Audio" and listen to the acoustic bass of 1 minutes past, the advantages of this mechanism can be seen clearly.

The board is equipped with a unit and a large 13mm diameter, a massive and "Zune", powerful bass like dynamic type's sounds, but the bass is tight and crisp, there is no swelling extra, the outline of the sound Sharp's.

At the same time, the sound of the mid-high range or guitar vocals, not covered in the bass of "Zune", I have maintained cleared. "We do cousin" high-resolution sound and force are made.

Balanced armature (BA) is a high resolution, but put out the sound volume of the bass If you do not devise, such as multi-way of it is difficult. On the other hand, in the dynamic earphones with a large diameter, the sound of the bass other than those put out until the apt swollen and Bowa~tsu is massive. It is a sound to let you feel different and obviously earphones such method, a "new type of earphones."

Earphone hybrid that combines dynamic and BA have appeared recently, but since the "DUAL PHASE PUSH-PULL DRIVERS" is composed of only a dynamic type unit, the character of the sound is uniform in all bands , It can be said of it is not necessary to concern the connection of tone also point.

It is a comparison of the CKR9 CKR10, but the overall balance of the monitor like a wide range CKR10. CKR9 is also a wide range, but the low frequency is in the balance slightly powerful.

There are also differences in the high frequency, the sound of high-pitched sound is a little hard CKR10 of titanium housing, I feel the freshness. Coloring is less natural to CKR9. I want to think separately upper and lower model If you look at the price, but it's likely to say, not the grade, and two models that can be selected with preference of sound."

Youre dang right theyre good, mochill!

Mar 31, 2014 at 4:41 PM Post #26 of 822
Typically, do the dynamic drivers have natural sounds vs BA?  If so, can somebody elaborate on that?  Why you think so?  

I like natural sound
tongue.gif

Mar 31, 2014 at 4:45 PM Post #27 of 822
Interesting vlenbo. If they continue the trend of the stock tips that darken them and these impression are using those, I might go for the CKR 9. Save some cash and just change tips to tune for a bit less bass and more treble. The Titanium models in the past have indeed sounded a bit "hard" in the treble. So, for unamped cranking, some tips I like to use, and future players like X5 maybe being more neutral, the CKR9 may be more the ticket.

Mar 31, 2014 at 5:08 PM Post #28 of 822
  Interesting vlenbo. If they continue the trend of the stock tips that darken them and these impression are using those, I might go for the CKR 9. Save some cash and just change tips to tune for a bit less bass and more treble. The Titanium models in the past have indeed sounded a bit "hard" in the treble. So, for unamped cranking, some tips I like to use, and future players like X5 maybe being more neutral, the CKR9 may be more the ticket.

I don't know why, but I have the feeling that they will, and if that is true, then that'll more than benefit the consumer! I might go for the ckr9 for the same reason, I can't believe we thought of the same thing, lol!

And that aluminum looks just as premium as titanium, so I won't be missing much except those "hard" treble that you and the impressionist stated. Here's to another good IEM!

Mar 31, 2014 at 5:34 PM Post #29 of 822
Peeking in.The R3 has two dynamics facing each other as a fyi.

Mar 31, 2014 at 5:35 PM Post #30 of 822
  I don't know why, but I have the feeling that they will, and if that is true, then that'll more than benefit the consumer! I might go for the ckr9 for the same reason, I can't believe we thought of the same thing, lol!

And that aluminum looks just as premium as titanium, so I won't be missing much except those "hard" treble that you and the impressionist stated. Here's to another good IEM!

Okay more fact and less speculation. Listed on the AT Japan site for the CKR are the ER-CKM55 tips. Same as the ones that smoothed and dulled the CKN70 when I had them and on the IM70 and other models. Those same stock tips dulling the high end. So pretty much confirmed. A livelier, and a bit brighter CKR9 should be in there to be brought out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back