New Audio Technica ATH-M50x with Removable Cable
May 16, 2014 at 9:36 AM Post #271 of 958
Pretty sweet deal. Many looking for a good deal to get out of the world of budget cans will appreciate this. It is seriously cheap, and they also have a choice of the ATH-M40X, M30X and old M50, all with the fiio e6.

May 16, 2014 at 4:19 PM Post #272 of 958
Does anybody know another usage of a 2.5mm jack to 3.5mm jack cable? I recently found 3 such cables with gold plated jacks among my father's treasure trove of high quality audio cables and am now wondering what they are for, other than for use in headphones.

Lower end mics, daisy chaining cables, some electrified instruments like violins or accordians need one, and aftermarket diy kits.

May 17, 2014 at 12:39 AM Post #273 of 958
Oh right...

May 17, 2014 at 8:50 AM Post #275 of 958
However to note: The fiio e6 has a warmer bassier sound, and the ATH-M50x alrdy has a rather bassy sound with quite good extension into the sub bass, so the addition of a warmer sounding amp may ruin it. A slightly more expensive e11 may be worth it as it has better clarity, soundstage and is also more neutral.

May 17, 2014 at 4:31 PM Post #276 of 958
Thanks for posting the deal. I snagged the last one. I was just about to run out to Guitar Center for a set today, too. I had the M50 previously and returned it because the treble was just too fierce for me. Hopefully the new version works out.

May 17, 2014 at 5:51 PM Post #277 of 958
  Thanks for posting the deal. I snagged the last one. I was just about to run out to Guitar Center for a set today, too. I had the M50 previously and returned it because the treble was just too fierce for me. Hopefully the new version works out.

Whoa!  They went fast!  I'm so glad you got the chance to snag the deal, I am in 7th heaven and the e6 gives me just the extra punch I like for some pieces; it's also nice to have an inline volume/EQ if for no other reason.  

I got these m50x to replace my 20+ set that I loved.  My tastes vary greatly and I like an all-around responsive performer.

So far, I have spent the bulk of my listening times just jumping around from one of my favorites to another for comparing my memory to the new cans.  I am very satisfied with my purchase, I hope you will be too.  :)

—Cindy

May 18, 2014 at 7:41 AM Post #280 of 958
The fiio e6 is giving u an extra punch because of its warmer sound, but at the cost of transparency. My fiio e11 works very well for me as the neutral sound, better clarity and soundstaging, plus the small bass EQ settings, allow me to listen to orchestral music better, as the e11 has a -3dB setting for me to turn down the bass. But this is just saying. When listening to most genres other than pop, i go to my Nad Viso HP50 or PSB M4U1 with my fiio x3.

May 18, 2014 at 10:34 AM Post #282 of 958
No problem, and welcome to head-fi!

May 18, 2014 at 10:49 AM Post #284 of 958
No problem

May 18, 2014 at 10:51 AM Post #285 of 958
Am just happening to be dealing with a friend who thinks mid-bass bloat is quality bas due to his misconception that more bass is better. Sigh, the naive common folk, who never listen to orchestral or classical anymore to realise they are using junk gear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back