New Audio Technica ATH-M50x with Removable Cable
May 5, 2014 at 10:17 AM Post #241 of 958
Good deal.

I noticed something when I looked at the coiled cable that came with the M50x and that it's noticeably better made than the mobile cable. It has a thicker 3.5mm jack and the 2.5mm side has better plastic and a shiny coating around it. Interesting.

May 5, 2014 at 1:47 PM Post #242 of 958
About the Staples-Deals, after searching prices, I have a feeling it is the Old M5, and not the new model. Either way, I will be satisfied. Other places are selling the old model for around $130. Deal expires tomorrow Tuesday, May 6.

May 5, 2014 at 4:43 PM Post #243 of 958
  I noticed something when I looked at the coiled cable that came with the M50x and that it's noticeably better made than the mobile cable. It has a thicker 3.5mm jack and the 2.5mm side has better plastic and a shiny coating around it. Interesting.

The mobile cable is well....MOBILE.... of course it isn't as chunky as the other two. I would not say that the cable is of inferior quality just that the intended purpose is different.

May 6, 2014 at 12:26 PM Post #246 of 958
Do u prefer audiophile quality sound?

May 6, 2014 at 5:59 PM Post #249 of 958
  what does that even mean lol that word "audiophile" gets thrown around way too much

does that mean flat? 
v shape?
warm, dark?

clean? spacious?

Depends on who you ask, unfortunately.

May 6, 2014 at 7:32 PM Post #250 of 958

Depends on who you ask, unfortunately.

^ +1 i agree but i just don't like that term being thrown around as often as it does, it doesn't really mean anything, i'm sure even the veterans on this website like different sound signatures with varying amounts of bass, mids treble among other things. just cause something is not "perceived as audiophile" doesn't meant it doesn't or can't sound good.

too much misconception in here and the general public i find

May 6, 2014 at 7:53 PM Post #251 of 958
ok, so what kind of sound does the M50x have? Is it V shaped? And is it similar to the MDR V6? If so, am I better off with something else than the M50x in that price range? I am tempted to jump on the M50x bandwagon, but want to make sure.

May 7, 2014 at 12:00 AM Post #252 of 958
M50x: Very much improved sound over M50. Less strident treble and better bass, mids, and imaging and soundstage is better. Sound signature is slightly v shaped. Best for this price though

May 7, 2014 at 12:04 AM Post #253 of 958
When i say audiophile quality sound, i meant flat sound. To let u have an idea of how flat i like my sound, I have heard the PSB M4U1 and sennheiser momentum and find the momentums have too much bass to be flat. I also have a Nad Viso HP50 as my fun sound cans.

May 7, 2014 at 5:12 AM Post #254 of 958
to me it sounds W shaped.

Decent sub bass rising to upper bass (good for punch) then mids falling off then rising again making female vocals slightly scratchy on occasion (gives sense of detail, but slightly thin artifical tinny) then treble falling and rising again (no complaints there).

Driving over these hills gives a sense of stage too.

All in all not colored but with added umph for excitment here and there.

Only comparison I have now is AKG K267 Tiestos, which are more natural, vocals have more body without sacrificing any detail, it is effortless more forgiving and more sophisticated, even at max bass setting in stage. (the bass is not has punchy as M50X though, the settings only give it more sub bass) clean and clear, the M50X on the other hand can be just a little "hard" sounding.

But because of its recesses here and there its sounds well layered, wow effect when trying them first time. (unless you own a ****ton of hifi headphones I guess).

It is kind of like a japanese car, good all-rounder, sporty, despite plastic, reliable.

May 7, 2014 at 9:31 AM Post #255 of 958
When i say audiophile quality sound, i meant flat sound. To let u have an idea of how flat i like my sound, I have heard the PSB M4U1 and sennheiser momentum and find the momentums have too much bass to be flat. I also have a Nad Viso HP50 as my fun sound cans.

i'm surprised you said the nad viso is your fun cans but not the m50x 0.0

the m50s (not the x didn't try em yet) were more fun for me >nad viso which i found images better

Users who are viewing this thread

Back