New Audio Technica ATH-M50x with Removable Cable
Feb 18, 2015 at 10:32 AM Post #691 of 958
Feb 18, 2015 at 2:24 PM Post #692 of 958
Does anyone have any info on how to tell genuine from fake ATH-M50x? I can find info on the ATH-M50 but not for the the X. I got my from Amazing Deals Online through Amazon.

Inside the cup there is a sticker that says

1 435.
HD--1 25E

Feb 18, 2015 at 3:56 PM Post #693 of 958
Well, that sure is what a genuine one looks like.  But are there fake M50xs being produced and sold already?
Didn't someone in another thread post that Amazing Deals Online was confirmed by AT to be an authorized dealer?

Feb 18, 2015 at 4:03 PM Post #694 of 958
^Yes, it was confirmed this thread that Amazing Deals is authorized but under a different name.

Feb 18, 2015 at 6:28 PM Post #695 of 958
  Well, that sure is what a genuine one looks like.  But are there fake M50xs being produced and sold already?
Didn't someone in another thread post that Amazing Deals Online was confirmed by AT to be an authorized dealer?

^Yes, it was confirmed this thread that Amazing Deals is authorized but under a different name.

Does anyone have any info on how to tell genuine from fake ATH-M50x? I can find info on the ATH-M50 but not for the the X. I got my from Amazing Deals Online through Amazon.

Inside the cup there is a sticker that says

1 435.
HD--1 25E

I got 100% conformation from multiple sources of upper management of Audio-Technica that Amazing Deals Online is an authorized dealer. I have the emails if anyone would like me to forward them. PM me and I'd be happy to.

Feb 18, 2015 at 9:44 PM Post #696 of 958

I got 100% conformation from multiple sources of upper management of Audio-Technica that Amazing Deals Online is an authorized dealer. I have the emails if anyone would like me to forward them. PM me and I'd be happy to.

I'm not sure why people would be getting fakes and fake Fiio players from them before then. They're also unauthorized by Sennehiser.

Feb 18, 2015 at 10:04 PM Post #697 of 958
  I'm not sure why people would be getting fakes and fake Fiio players from them before then. They're also unauthorized by Sennehiser.

Fake Fiio players? Did those people perform a check on Fiio's website? I have authencated both my E6 and Fiio X1, although I bought them from authorized Amazon dealers.
Sennheiser's website also lists "Amazing Deals" as unauthorized, but Amazon is doing a Deal of the Day on the M50x selling from Amazing deals with the price as same as the coupon price.

Feb 18, 2015 at 10:37 PM Post #698 of 958
Feb 18, 2015 at 10:53 PM Post #699 of 958

I was thinking about ordering another pair from Amazon and comparing them. I decided to save my time and money as if they are fake they are the nicest fakes ever that audio technica would have to stand by as they have now in writing told me that the dealer is authorized and my warranty would be upheld.

Feb 18, 2015 at 10:54 PM Post #700 of 958
There's a few eBay sellers carrying it, among other variants for numerous other headphones.  Head-fiers have been getting them and post that they're happy with the cables.  A couple mentioned that they are "sterile-sounding".  I assume they're worth trying.
That's probably one of the sellers or another one.

Feb 19, 2015 at 4:29 AM Post #702 of 958
Does the blue version really sound better than the others? Someone on the M70x thread said they thought it sounded better than their black ones. I also recall people saying the Silver M50 sounded better than the original.
I was thinking about ordering another pair from Amazon and comparing them. I decided to save my time and money as if they are fake they are the nicest fakes ever that audio technica would have to stand by as they have now in writing told me that the dealer is authorized and my warranty would be upheld.

LOL i bought mine in August in a small headphone store while travelling to Taiwan and their production date was July 2014. The seller even said "you can take them to Audio-Technica for repair". Unfortunately the electronics shopping mall closed down recently and they all moved to new locations I'm not sure where. The box was packaged well but the headphone image seemed a bit low-resolution - I later realized this was normal for the white version. Started getting a bit paranoid after watching some video reviews where the headphones seem to snap loudly when folded up and mine didn't. Tried two other M50x demo units at stores and showroom - there may have been a bit more sub-bass compared to mine (using my phone), but otherwise it was the same as mine. I think I burned them in differently - as I was still travelling for the first few weeks I had them I just ran music (mostly Random Access Memories) on my iPad at max volume overnight. So I'm pretty sure they're real, otherwise as you said they are the nicest fakes.

Feb 19, 2015 at 6:39 AM Post #703 of 958
Does the blue version really sound better than the others? Someone on the M70x thread said they thought it sounded better than their black ones. I also recall people saying the Silver M50 sounded better than the original.
LOL i bought mine in August in a small headphone store while travelling to Taiwan and their production date was July 2014. The seller even said "you can take them to Audio-Technica for repair". Unfortunately the electronics shopping mall closed down recently and they all moved to new locations I'm not sure where. The box was packaged well but the headphone image seemed a bit low-resolution - I later realized this was normal for the white version. Started getting a bit paranoid after watching some video reviews where the headphones seem to snap loudly when folded up and mine didn't. Tried two other M50x demo units at stores and showroom - there may have been a bit more sub-bass compared to mine (using my phone), but otherwise it was the same as mine. I think I burned them in differently - as I was still travelling for the first few weeks I had them I just ran music (mostly Random Access Memories) on my iPad at max volume overnight. So I'm pretty sure they're real, otherwise as you said they are the nicest fakes.

lol no

Feb 19, 2015 at 12:09 PM Post #704 of 958
Thanks for the genuine check. I saw the confirmation that Amazing Deals was authorized but then the others claiming they had gotten fakes so I was hoping that posting pictures would help clear things up.

Feb 19, 2015 at 12:11 PM Post #705 of 958
Maybe I misunderstand what people mean by "Sound Stage" but I find it strange why everyone seems to think that it is really bad on these. I do a lot of gaming and it seems like these are some of the best I have used for being able to locate where a sound is coming from. I certainly think they do a better job than Grado 80s, DT 770, V6 and DT 770 Pros that I have had. Maybe because these seem to do great job with the "separation" of sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back