New Audio-gd R-7, R-7HE R-8, R-27, R-27HE, R-28 Flagship Resistor Ladder DACs and DAC/amps
Apr 14, 2021 at 10:50 AM Post #6,841 of 11,260
Obsolescence of parts is affecting all of AGD's product line it seems. Last call for R2R-11s...

"Because the electric parts price is increasing crazy and very long leadtime, especially the CPLD chip for the DA modules that price is increasing to 500% now, the R2R-11 had to the last batch for sale ."
WOW terrible news. The R2R-11 was the gateway drug to good R2R sound. Cheap, powerful, amazing quality and value. Sad to see it go :frowning2:

Apr 14, 2021 at 1:11 PM Post #6,843 of 11,260
i still have my R2R-11 too for bedside use hehe

Apr 15, 2021 at 5:56 AM Post #6,844 of 11,260
WOW terrible news. The R2R-11 was is the gateway drug to good R2R sound. Cheap, powerful, amazing quality and value. Sad to see it go :frowning2:
In fact, if not counting little rough presentation, it has all attributes of high end sound.

A direct ladder clocking from a pair of clock chips is responsive for this (no reclocking, as it doesn't have additional hardware), now also available in all DACs 2021 models! :) Yes, we had it alreadyl!

There will be a new model, no question about. Without R2R-11 would be no sajunky on this forum. :) It will be a bi-directional USB isolator (no question about, as it doesn't need expensive hardware, I suspect a work is in progress to integrate an idea on the Amanero modue), possibly I2S port, also a direct clocking (as FPGA would add a cost). Upgrade HPA to the NFB-1AMP level and Audio GD can make a hudge impact on the low cost R2R DAC market . With little help of Audio GD fans. :)

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2021 at 6:39 AM Post #6,847 of 11,260
In fact, if not counting little rough presentation, it has all attributes of high end sound.

A direct ladder clocking from a pair of clock chips is responsive for this (no reclocking, as it doesn't have additional hardware), now also available in all DACs 2021 models! :) Yes, we had it alreadyl!

There will be a new model, no question about. Without R2R-11 would be no sajunky on this forum. :) It will be a bi-directional USB isolator (no question about, as it doesn't need expensive hardware, I suspect a work is in progress to integrate an idea on the Amanero modue), possibly I2S port, also a direct clocking (as FPGA would add a cost). Upgrade HPA to the NFB-1AMP level and Audio GD can make a hudge impact on the low cost R2R DAC market . With little help of Audio GD fans. :)
Order an amanero board with crysteks and it gets to another level. Not an easy swap as you need a special tool to unplug the white cable. The inside is cramped also. It will be easier for some to solder the crysteks on the existing board, if you are comfy with desoldering XOs and doing surface mount soldering.

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2021 at 5:41 PM Post #6,848 of 11,260
No sign of the R8MK2 at any shops in EU yet although it looks like Kingwa is shipping.

Who's gonna be the first to give us a listening report on his new DAC? I'm sorely tempted to buy one of these when they arrive in Europe. The weight is down to 12Kg, Kingwa says temps are much lower...somebody help me! :D

Apr 15, 2021 at 6:02 PM Post #6,849 of 11,260
Apr 15, 2021 at 6:02 PM Post #6,850 of 11,260
Apr 16, 2021 at 2:03 AM Post #6,852 of 11,260
Congratulations!
LOL no, the shop, not me.

Clearly they have no idea when they'll get any... I'm not doing that.

Apr 16, 2021 at 6:27 AM Post #6,853 of 11,260
LOL no, the shop, not me.

Clearly they have no idea when they'll get any... I'm not doing that.
Kingwa's leadtimes are most often exact. And he stocks parts. So he lauches thr product, it means he can ship it soon.

About the r2r11, in a 350 product, using 100$ (just a guess, could be less) of CPLDs eats your profits. Using 200$ of them in a 1800$ product is still possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back