New Audio-gd R-7, R-7HE R-8, R-27, R-27HE, R-28 Flagship Resistor Ladder DACs and DAC/amps
May 10, 2020 at 9:22 AM Post #5,956 of 11,260
How are the, s400s ? A friend of mine is considering them. Same setup as mine, other than i have the he-9.

The S400 needs space to reach their full potential (and no problems with the bass), what my small room unfortunately don't have. But still won‘t change my (limited) S400 with a pair of Focal Kanta No.1 or Cabasse Murano, what I had before in consideration.

I would consider a set of osborn eos elite...

Do you know the Nina's from Hulgich Audio?

May 10, 2020 at 9:51 AM Post #5,957 of 11,260
The S400 needs space to reach their full potential (and no problems with the bass), what my small room unfortunately don't have. But still won‘t change my (limited) S400 with a pair of Focal Kanta No.1 or Cabasse Murano, what I had before in consideration.

Do you know the Nina's from Hulgich Audio?
Never heard any of their product, but the Dukes have had great feedback. I know the Osborn Eos do not need a big room however.

May 11, 2020 at 11:28 PM Post #5,958 of 11,260
Hi ,, guys i just ordered the Audio-Gd R-7 today , is there any option i should ask Audio-Gd for or just stick with the stock ?

May 12, 2020 at 12:06 AM Post #5,960 of 11,260
Hi ,, guys i just ordered the Audio-Gd R-7 today , is there any option i should ask Audio-Gd for or just stick with the stock ?

There are times I wish I had 2 RCA outputs instead of 1 of the 3 being ACSS, as I have a lot of tube amps and a '74-76 Sansui , and I am not using the ACSS output on my main rig... But I might in future, so... I run a Freya on XLR out to hook up the additional RCA gear + a balanced headamp, R7HE's RCA output goes direct to my main headamp (Glenn OTL).

That's probably the only thing to think about, unless you have certain unique use cases that you could discuss with Kingwa

May 12, 2020 at 12:13 AM Post #5,961 of 11,260
Did you buy from Kingwa directly ? Is the clock input an option? I don't remember what options they have now.
Yes i got from Kingwa directly , i think the clock input is stock now , not sure really , i will check with him ,, thanks ..
There are times I wish I had 2 RCA outputs instead of 1 of the 3 being ACSS, as I have a lot of tube amps and a '74-76 Sansui , and I am not using the ACSS output on my main rig... But I might in future, so... I run a Freya on XLR out to hook up the additional RCA gear + a balanced headamp, R7HE's RCA output goes direct to my main headamp (Glenn OTL).

That's probably the only thing to think about, unless you have certain unique use cases that you could discuss with Kingwa
Thanks for the tip , actually i am looking to use the ACSS link , it will go to the Master 9 amp , hopefully it will make a difference and be better than RCA which i am using now.

May 12, 2020 at 12:50 AM Post #5,963 of 11,260
Yes i got from Kingwa directly , i think the clock input is stock now , not sure really , i will check with him ,, thanks ..

Thanks for the tip , actually i am looking to use the ACSS link , it will go to the Master 9 amp , hopefully it will make a difference and be better than RCA which i am using now.

good, then your order is simple - no options lol

Enjoy!

May 12, 2020 at 12:58 AM Post #5,964 of 11,260
ACSS link is a must, you may want to have the Headphone/Pre amp from Kingwa later. ACSS is superior than RCA out.

yes I would also definitely take this connection over XLR and RCA for an AGD pre-amp/amp

my gaming PC has a R1 + NFB1AMP connected via an invictus cable ACSS link, it's definitely superior to other outputs.

You're certainly on the right path with ACSS & the Master-9 @GU1DO (tho you can also consider going for R7HE and HE-9 instead if you want to keep future upgrade-titis at bay :wink:

May 12, 2020 at 9:46 AM Post #5,965 of 11,260
yes I would also definitely take this connection over XLR and RCA for an AGD pre-amp/amp

my gaming PC has a R1 + NFB1AMP connected via an invictus cable ACSS link, it's definitely superior to other outputs.

You're certainly on the right path with ACSS & the Master-9 @GU1DO (tho you can also consider going for R7HE and HE-9 instead if you want to keep future upgrade-titis at bay :wink:
I am using a high quality power cable with my Master 9 and it really improve the sound , beside that i am planing to get a power re-generator , for the mean time i went to the regular R7 and expand my amps with a new model so i got the Cayin HA-6A at the same time :)

btw you have a link for that invictus ACSS cable ?

May 12, 2020 at 1:39 PM Post #5,966 of 11,260
I am using a high quality power cable with my Master 9 and it really improve the sound , beside that i am planing to get a power re-generator , for the mean time i went to the regular R7 and expand my amps with a new model so i got the Cayin HA-6A at the same time :)

btw you have a link for that invictus ACSS cable ?

Invictus cable on eBay
https://www.ebay.com/itm/ACSS-inter...hash=item23bad067ed:m:mWZRAXxDoqOhJVFn174p5OQ

Magna's offerings
https://www.magnahifi.com/en/webshop/mway-acss-ntrl-ref-nt

https://www.magnahifi.com/en/webshop/mway-acss-ref-nt

@FredA and others have also made their own ACSS cables if i remember correctly, search the thread or maybe you can PM them about it

May 12, 2020 at 9:40 PM Post #5,969 of 11,260
Is it possible to make a passive preamp for the ACSS connection, say ACSS DAC output to passive attenuator to ACSS Master 3 ?
I am afraid not. You can do acss to xlr with a passive pre, it is done using a regular balance passive pre with an added resistor pair across the input of 1.5k value. The input input impedance the balanced attenuator needs to be fixed and over 5k, with low output impedance. The 1.5k pair helps lowering the output impedance of the attenuator. But this circuit is inferior soudwise to a master-1 outputting a balanced voltage signal. Even more inferior compared to an acss connection.

I have implemented such an attenuator, so i can make assertions about it.

Forget what i wrote, there should be a way to do an r2r current attenuator. Ask Kingwa, it is probably what he uses.

Last edited:
May 14, 2020 at 4:09 PM Post #5,970 of 11,260
I got my M10 amp out of the closet it has been just heaven paired with Di20HE/ R7. ACSS is a must. Almost sold the M10 about 5 years ago as I thought it was too loud. Sound is sweet and effortless. Really, really glad I did not sell. Highly recommend Kingwa’s amplification products. Excellent synergy with DAC/amp/ACSS.

Since the Accusilicon upgrade 1 yr. 2 mo. ago, my system has gotten a major tune-up ever few months. DAC modules, DI20, external clock, cables, firmware, music server. Have to pinch myself! Can’t wait to try the R7 2020 but sound is so good right now why spend the money at this moment. Give me a few months for my brain to catch up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back