New Audio-gd R-7, R-7HE R-8, R-27, R-27HE, R-28 Flagship Resistor Ladder DACs and DAC/amps
Mar 31, 2018 at 8:11 PM Post #1,291 of 11,260
Measurements can be all rigged, especially show on the internets. Hook a couple of resistors here and there and watch them go crazy :D, take a pic and post with all of your good claims
Upon receiving a great sounding gear, one should have the freedom of thought not to care about other people's opinion or measurements. Freedom has unlimited value, one should never forget that. Be proud of who you are and of where you come from and learn from others when occasions arise. Staying on the safe path is the ultimate boredom. And is not always safe in the end.

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2018 at 3:12 AM Post #1,292 of 11,260
Have you really burned it for 4 months non stop? This is 2900 hours or so!

Hi Fred,
Yes I have. I'm running R2R-7, R2R-11 and the NFB-28.38 side by side feeding my ESL speaker-rig. I agree, the R11 was ready burned way earlier than the R7. I'm still on smooth deafult (OSx8). Tried accurate yesterday but it "hurt my ears" with any setting. Went back to osx8 on smooth and that is best here at least for now... But yes, I am ready for changes later on

/Jan

Apr 1, 2018 at 4:56 AM Post #1,293 of 11,260
Hi Fred,
Yes I have. I'm running R2R-7, R2R-11 and the NFB-28.38 side by side feeding my ESL speaker-rig. I agree, the R11 was ready burned way earlier than the R7. I'm still on smooth deafult (OSx8). Tried accurate yesterday but it "hurt my ears" with any setting. Went back to osx8 on smooth and that is best here at least for now... But yes, I am ready for changes later on

/Jan
Same findings for me. With the accurate fw, i have to do my own os using the 6 moon settings, then it's smooth and better that original fw. I commented to Kingwa that i would like a more laid back sound. It sounds "in your face", especially the drums. And especially on speakers. I lacks depth as well.

Apr 1, 2018 at 12:07 PM Post #1,294 of 11,260
Has anymore tried using NOS only with no OS at all to give a true nice NOS sound ? I am interested in hearing how NOS is like with R2R7. Also with no OS from the computer either. It is ok if this only works well for Hi-Res, as I suspect low RES it may not work well but if it works even for REDBOOKs 16bit/44.1 all the better.

Apr 1, 2018 at 12:19 PM Post #1,295 of 11,260
Has anymore tried using NOS only with no OS at all to give a true nice NOS sound ? I am interested in hearing how NOS is like with R2R7. Also with no OS from the computer either. It is ok if this only works well for Hi-Res, as I suspect low RES it may not work well but if it works even for REDBOOKs 16bit/44.1 all the better.
I do. I find best results in pure NOS Mode 3 with no sw upsampling whatsoever.

Apr 1, 2018 at 5:39 PM Post #1,297 of 11,260
I do. I find best results in pure NOS Mode 3 with no sw upsampling whatsoever.
Could u tell me what files u use that have great results, meaning Hi Res 24 bit, 16 bit DXD, DSD? And what music genre u listen to ? Classical, jazz, pop, rock ? Thanks!
My files are exclusively PCM, no DSD or DXD. 16/44.1 Flac and MQA streaming via TIDAL and 24bit up to 192khz stored in my hard drive. I listen to rock, blues, folk and jazz. IMHO, pure NOS mode 3 handle redbook like a breeze, just like hi res files. My 2c.

Apr 2, 2018 at 12:30 AM Post #1,298 of 11,260
My files are exclusively PCM, no DSD or DXD. 16/44.1 Flac and MQA streaming via TIDAL and 24bit up to 192khz stored in my hard drive. I listen to rock, blues, folk and jazz. IMHO, pure NOS mode 3 handle redbook like a breeze, just like hi res files. My 2c.
Thanks again for your reply. Great to hear that as I have thousands of redbook CDs that I would play often. It seems R2R 7 is not overly warm/lush/romantic but any problems with being too analytical or sterile at times ?

Apr 2, 2018 at 7:04 AM Post #1,299 of 11,260
So, I am curious, if this means anything. It means the DAC with 9038pros has a much better THD measurement than r2r7 ?

AE696774-A4BD-453F-BC75-2BCFEE1C01C5.jpeg FB8C8CD8-BCF3-4088-8990-4416EBEC2DEB.jpeg

Apr 2, 2018 at 8:10 AM Post #1,302 of 11,260
Yeah, that and together with 9038Pro having 140Db dynamic range is what I am holding back. I also have a tubes amp KG T2 for my stax, so I will stay with 9038pro and where I am atm
There is a matter of taste between both. I have a preference for r2r. I am sure the nfb7.77 sounds great as well. Do you own one or another brand/model?

Maybe at some point, audio-gd could offer conversion to delta-sigma built in to the r2r 7. Then you would not have to make any choice.

You can have both if you do the conversion to dsd on a computer. What's amazing is the sound is then totally different. I still prefer r2r but not by a big margin.

Apr 2, 2018 at 8:35 AM Post #1,303 of 11,260
I have lks da004 model and not audio gd. They have very similar build, and what made me went for the Da004 was because it was at a much more affordable pricing. I had not much trust into China brand. It turned out to be actually very very good. I will keep my eyes closely to Audio GD productions since now on.

Apr 2, 2018 at 9:04 AM Post #1,304 of 11,260
I have lks da004 model and not audio gd. They have very similar build, and what made me went for the Da004 was because it was at a much more affordable pricing. I had not much trust into China brand. It turned out to be actually very very good. I will keep my eyes closely to Audio GD productions since now on.
Lks and Denafrips seems like very serious cies. They have better finish than audio-gd as well. Audio-gd has the acss advantage and the non feedback class A output stages. These are all very interesting offerings i have checked myself. China makes some seriously good audio products now, and cables as well. Holo is also an excellent brand.

Apr 2, 2018 at 9:21 AM Post #1,305 of 11,260
Thanks again for your reply. Great to hear that as I have thousands of redbook CDs that I would play often. It seems R2R 7 is not overly warm/lush/romantic but any problems with being too analytical or sterile at times ?
Not a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back