New Audio-gd R-7, R-7HE R-8, R-27, R-27HE, R-28 Flagship Resistor Ladder DACs and DAC/amps
Jul 14, 2021 at 8:26 AM Post #7,367 of 11,296
The mkii is mostly about the pre stage being fed with regen power so it should bring extra details, lower noise floor, smoother sound.

Thr glitch when switching from dsd to pcm is something Kingwa is still trying to fix. It has to do with the amanero usb board. So hopefully a solution will come.
I have the amaneron board in my r8mk2 I can confirm no noise when changing between dsd and pcm as well as changing between sample rates.

Jul 14, 2021 at 8:54 AM Post #7,368 of 11,296
Jul 14, 2021 at 8:58 AM Post #7,369 of 11,296
The issue as you said could be caused be the singxer.
I do expect the same. Singxer should create a short pause before switching between PCM and DSD. It does generate a DSD-out signal, but it is obsolete, all new equipment do not use this line.

Jul 16, 2021 at 3:30 PM Post #7,371 of 11,296
I will definitely be comparing the HE-2 MK2 vs Master 2H monoblocks, but only in autumn, after full warm-up and in the right conditions.
I am very pleased with the Master 2H monoblocks, they are amazing and I am not going to sell them.
I only had a small problem right after buying the Master 2H, with a loud transformer in one monoblock, but Kingwa helped me very quickly with the replacement and now it's OK.
That is why I really appreciate Kingwa for the help that can always be obtained even if we have older equipment.

I ordered the HE-2 MK2 back in May through a local distributor, Kingwa confirmed that they will be ready for shipment soon.

Jul 16, 2021 at 3:42 PM Post #7,372 of 11,296
I will definitely be comparing the HE-2 MK2 vs Master 2H monoblocks, but only in autumn, after full warm-up and in the right conditions.
I am very pleased with the Master 2H monoblocks, they are amazing and I am not going to sell them.
I only had a small problem right after buying the Master 2H, with a loud transformer in one monoblock, but Kingwa helped me very quickly with the replacement and now it's OK.
That is why I really appreciate Kingwa for the help that can always be obtained even if we have older equipment.

I ordered the HE-2 MK2 back in May through a local distributor, Kingwa confirmed that they will be ready for shipment soon.
That should be a good shootout. I'm looking forward to seeing what your impressions are. Kingwa is fantastic to work with. I really enjoy my Audio-GD products.

Jul 17, 2021 at 8:44 AM Post #7,374 of 11,296
The R7HE 2021 has discernably more microdetail resolution than the Yggy2 I owned. They're both slightly soft-sounding, particularly in the bass (hope to fix that with an external clock). The R7HE has a taller, wider and especially deeper soundstage. In terms of tonal balance, the audio-gd is more extended up top but a bit smoother. I feel the R7HE has a more realistic and upfront midrange too. Bass SPL and extension are similar on both with the Yggy2 emphasizing the midbass a little more.

Edit: the background of the R7HE is significantly darker/better. Couldn't omit this key info
Was your Yggy2 with the new Unison USB?
Have you tried to compare your Audio GD R7HE with the Chord DAVE?

Jul 18, 2021 at 5:25 PM Post #7,375 of 11,296
Was your Yggy2 with the new Unison USB?
Have you tried to compare your Audio GD R7HE with the Chord DAVE?

1) Yes.
2) No, haven't heard the DAVE unfortunately.

Jul 18, 2021 at 6:19 PM Post #7,379 of 11,296
Chord has released M-Scaler, which you can combo with the Dave.
r7he mkii, a di20he and the best ocxo sound better to Chord Dave?
r7he mkii, a di20he and the best ocxo sound better to Chord Dave with M-Scaler?
Don't know. Never heard the Dave. If you are after a natural and analog sound, this combo will be very tough to beat. The clock adds an extra layer of definition and better bass extension. And with the best clocks, the sound also becomes more analog. Timing is as important as signal amplitude accuracy, if not more.

Jul 18, 2021 at 6:33 PM Post #7,380 of 11,296
Don't know. Never heard the Dave. If you are after a natural and analog sound, this combo will be very tough to beat. The clock adds an extra layer of definition and better bass extension. And with the best clocks, the sound also becomes more analog. Timing is as important as signal amplitude accuracy, if not more.

external clock can also be connected to the Dave. It's a good thing :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back